PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

My Playoff Thoughts So Far

If the Heat are to go to the Finals (tough to say since Indiana will still be difficult to beat), I have to say that, as a fan, I hope they play the Thunder and not the Spurs.

I think the Pacers pose a tougher challenge to the Heat than the Spurs. The perimeter defense of George, Stephenson and Hill and Hibbert controlling the paint is probably the best in the league and poses the toughest challenge to Miami. Spurs are a great team, but Parker, Leonard and Green cannot contain Wade and LeBron. If Duncan was 10 years younger and could take Bosh off the dribble it would be a different game. Also if Wade plays the way he did in game 2, Heat 3-peat.

LeBron made some ridiculous plays last night. There are times when he attacks the hole, he's impossible to stop. I know we love to hate the guy, but like Larry he plays the game the right way. His unselfishness and great passing ability separates him.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat closed this out on Wednesday. The Pacers are reeling, blaming the refs, and throwing each other under the bus (see Paul George and Lance Stephenson).

I wouldn't be surprised if the Heat closed this out on Wednesday. The Pacers are reeling, blaming the refs, and throwing each other under the bus (see Paul George and Lance Stephenson).

Yep, when the PAcers beat the Wizards in game 6 I immediately texted my friend and said, Heat in 5.

For some reason, I let Game 1 change my thoughts on it and think it could go 6-7.

But sadly, it looks like my gut prediction was right. There's nothing I hate worse than seeing a crappy series when I have no dog in the fight and seeing the Heat go to another finals app.

They are playing very well. Ray Allen, man I hate him, but man he is clutch.
And look at Bosh finally playing like he deserves the money he is making

Yep, when the PAcers beat the Wizards in game 6 I immediately texted my friend and said, Heat in 5.

For some reason, I let Game 1 change my thoughts on it and think it could go 6-7.

But sadly, it looks like my gut prediction was right. There's nothing I hate worse than seeing a crappy series when I have no dog in the fight and seeing the Heat go to another finals app.

They are playing very well. Ray Allen, man I hate him, but man he is clutch.
And look at Bosh finally playing like he deserves the money he is making
Bosh has been trash for most of the series, but it was only a matter of time before they started leaving him wide open so that he can knock down the jump shots we all know he's capable of knocking down. I just hope that level of play continues.

Bosh has been trash for most of the series, but it was only a matter of time before they started leaving him wide open so that he can knock down the jump shots we all know he's capable of knocking down. I just hope that level of play continues.

Yeah its amazing to think Bosh used to be a 20/10 post guy back in Toronto. His play style has changed so much with LBJ. He's not close to worth what he's making in Miami.

Its easy for him to be left wide open when Hibbert, who is back on mental case mode, is 'covering' you.

Yeah its amazing to think Bosh used to be a 20/10 post guy back in Toronto. His play style has changed so much with LBJ. He's not close to worth what he's making in Miami.

Its easy for him to be left wide open when Hibbert, who is back on mental case mode, is 'covering' you.
Bosh is my least favorite of the Big 3. I would love to trade him and a pick for Kevin Love (should Love accept a slight decrease in pay for the chance to play for a championship contender). I agree that he's not worth what he's making. But that he draws Hibbert out of the paint is a huge reason why the Pacers simply don't match up well with the Heat.

Heat are the only team in the league that have 3 players that can score off the dribble in Lebron, Wade and Bosh. It will be interesting series (unless Pacers get a miracle). I think Heat 3-peat and if the guys come back they are the favorites again.

If next year the Pacers can get a point guard and have Hill coming off the bench they can compete with the Heat.

Bosh is my least favorite of the Big 3. I would love to trade him and a pick for Kevin Love (should Love accept a slight decrease in pay for the chance to play for a championship contender). I agree that he's not worth what he's making. But that he draws Hibbert out of the paint is a huge reason why the Pacers simply don't match up well with the Heat.

Yeah, my friend keeps saying the Heat will get Love, which they certainly could and it would just be dirty. No doubt Love would take less money to play with LBJ & Wade. If that did happen, the Heat could honestly 5-peat.

I would jump off a bridge if this all went down lol

But yes, great point on Bosh pulling out Hibbert. I think another huge and obvious reason for the Heat's dominance over the Pacers is the inconsistency of George. He can't score on Ray Allen effectively and LBJ (when he does cover George) kills him. George just isn't there yet as a superstar.
And as long as Stephenson is there continuing to take the dumbest iso shots ever then the Pacers will never get past the ECF. Simple as that.

Heat are the only team in the league that have 3 players that can score off the dribble in Lebron, Wade and Bosh. It will be interesting series (unless Pacers get a miracle). I think Heat 3-peat and if the guys come back they are the favorites again.

If next year the Pacers can get a point guard and have Hill coming off the bench they can compete with the Heat.

I disagree, Bosh cant score for **** off the dribble. He's only a spot up shooter now. Even when he was 20/10 he scored in the post and not on the dribble.

Also, I do not think getting another point puts the Pacers over the hump. They need a 15-10 2blk consistency from Hibbert, a consistent and better George and a shooting guard who doesn't talk **** and light a fire under Miami then lay an egg himself

I disagree, Bosh cant score for **** off the dribble. He's only a spot up shooter now. Even when he was 20/10 he scored in the post and not on the dribble.

Also, I do not think getting another point puts the Pacers over the hump. They need a 15-10 2blk consistency from Hibbert, a consistent and better George and a shooting guard who doesn't talk **** and light a fire under Miami then lay an egg himself

He's struggled against Indy, but he's a skilled big man. He's the 3rd option because LeBron and Wade are two of the greatest of all time, which means his mumbers are lower. But he can hit the open jumper and if a guy plays him tight he can take the hole like a 3. In terms of big men, he's the best in the East since Howard left.

He's struggled against Indy, but he's a skilled big man. He's the 3rd option because LeBron and Wade are two of the greatest of all time, which means his mumbers are lower. But he can hit the open jumper and if a guy plays him tight he can take the hole like a 3. In terms of big men, he's the best in the East since Howard left.

Well obviously Bosh is very talented, there's a reason he is making 18M. but he still cant score off the dribble. He IS a very good shooter and back in the Toronto days he could post up just about anybody, but he has definitely regressed since going to Miami.

Whether its now being the 3rd option, or numbers being lower, I would take Greg Monroe, Andre Drummond, Brook Lopez, Al Jefferson, and Al Hortford all over Bosh in the East at this point right now

When he goes to the hole hard, he can. But sometimes, he's just way, way, way too soft. It seems that he only goes hard when people talk bad about him or the games he's been having.

When he goes to the hole hard, he can. But sometimes, he's just way, way, way too soft. It seems that he only goes hard when people talk bad about him or the games he's been having.

Bosh is just a totally different player now. He's still very talented but the way he plays, he is wasting a lot of the talent. And most of that isn't he fault because the Heat don't run a post game so he cant use his ability to post and when you play with LBJ and Wade because its all their dribble-drive leading to open looks for everyone else.

I agree, i hate when he just settles for a jump shot and doesn't try and create. If he had the will of a David West he would still be a 20/10 guy. But saying that, in the system he does his job. He's the 3rd option, you want the ball in LeBron and Wade's hands

Oooh man. Nothing would please me more than to watch the Heat knock those big mouth punk asses out of the playoffs in five tonight and send them spiraling into the offseason. Maybe get that ferret Frank Vogel fired in the process.

Meanwhile, in the West: The Spurs are in some trouble. That's starting to resemble the 2012 WCF all over again.

Vogel displaying some fine perimeter defense here.

Congrats to the Pacers for barely surviving against our B-Squad most of the game. You can all but guarantee LeBron won't rack up five fouls in Game 6. Lance Stephenson is also a punk and a joke. Note to Lance: LeBron will retire as one of the best in the sport All-Time. You will be a trivia question at best. Really hope the Heat close this out on Friday night.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back