PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

my pats 7 round mock

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsfan-1982

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
#17 Mike Pouncey, G
i think JJ Watt will be off the bord by #17 and pats will trade down to the mid 20's and still take Pouncey im just to lazy to look up the trade value chart

#28 Cameron Heyward, DT/3-4 DE
not a day one starter but by mid season should be a force up front

#33 Jonathan Baldwin, WR
at 6.4 228lbs pats get the big body WR they need

#60 Aaron Williams, CB/FS
im not sure Williams will be there at #60 but if he is he gives the pats a big body CB or a good covering FS

#74 Daniel Thomas, RB
a RB with good size with thomas in the game there should not be any drop off in the pats running game when BJGE is on the side line

#92 Kenrick Ellis, NT
i relly dont see a true NT on the pats roster outher the Wilfork so adding ellis would give the pats some good dept

#125 Jake Kirkpatrick, C
Kirkpatrick can back up Dan Koppen for a year or two befor he becomes the starter

#159 Ugo Chinasa, OLB
at 6.5 263lbs he has the size BB likes but it will be a few years befor we can see if he's a good starting OLB in BB's system

#193 Henry Hynoski, FB
i think it's time the pats mix it up a lil and add a lead blocker to help the running game

thats my try at a mock Draft let me know what you guys think

sorry guys i just seen i add it this thread to the worng place i dont know how to delet it please move ot to the draft froum

Last edited:
#17 Mike Pouncey, G
i think JJ Watt will be off the bord by #17 and pats will trade down to the mid 20's and still take Pouncey im just to lazy to look up the trade value chart

#28 Cameron Heyward, DT/3-4 DE
not a day one starter but by mid season should be a force up front

#33 Jonathan Baldwin, WR
at 6.4 228lbs pats get the big body WR they need

#60 Aaron Williams, CB/FS
im not sure Williams will be there at #60 but if he is he gives the pats a big body CB or a good covering FS

#74 Daniel Thomas, RB
a RB with good size with thomas in the game there should not be any drop off in the pats running game when BJGE is on the side line

#92 Kenrick Ellis, NT
i relly dont see a true NT on the pats roster outher the Wilfork so adding ellis would give the pats some good dept

#125 Jake Kirkpatrick, C
Kirkpatrick can back up Dan Koppen for a year or two befor he becomes the starter

#159 Ugo Chinasa, OLB
at 6.5 263lbs he has the size BB likes but it will be a few years befor we can see if he's a good starting OLB in BB's system

#193 Henry Hynoski, FB
i think it's time the pats mix it up a lil and add a lead blocker to help the running game

thats my try at a mock Draft let me know what you guys think

sorry guys i just seen i add it this thread to the worng place i dont know how to delet it please move ot to the draft froum

Nice work but not my cup of tea. Not one starter as it looks if Mankins comes back. That would result in perhaps not the most contribution although I like #28, #33, #92.
DW Toys

patsfan-1982;2523392#92 Kenrick Ellis said:
i relly dont see a true NT on the pats roster outher the Wilfork so adding ellis would give the pats some good dept [/B]

#125 Jake Kirkpatrick, C

I think that Ellis or Taylor would make good back up NT's on our roster. But both have inconsistent technique and that usually means a lot more time spent on fundamentals on the bench.

Kirkpatrick is a guy I like at center, but keep in mind that the 2012 center class could have two or three really strong guys in it.

Pouncey - Ok
Heyward - Ok
Baldwin - HUH?? They have two guys similar to him in Gronk and Hernandez.. Also, maturity issues have to be resolved.
Williams - Not sure that the Pats grab someone who is in inconsistent tackler.. Not when that is one of the issues plaguing the secondary.
Thomas - OK.. I could see this..
Ellis - OK

Kirkpatrick - Seems a bit high to take him.. Rated as a 6th/7th rounder
Chinasa - His stock has been all over the place... His burst is ok, but his vertical is horrible.. There are questions about his football sense.. Not sure he's has the mentality the Pats look for.
Hynoski - I don't see the Pats drafting a FB who can't run the ball and/or pass catch as well as block.. Not to mention that they have Eric Kettani who is supposedly going to be in camp if the lockout gets taken care of..I think you're more likely to see Owen Marecic if a FB is drafted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back