PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Most Underrated Part of Brady's Career

Status
Not open for further replies.
That offense was definetly prolific, but I feel as though Brady was a bit jittery in the pocket in 12. People on this forum called it "seeing ghosts." I'm glad he has worked that issue out, I haven't seen him flinch in years now. It's the little things make Tom Brady the best, he's always getting better.

I disagreed with the seeing ghosts comments.

He was doing back then what he always did. Ducking when he heard footsteps from behind, and it used to work most of the time.

I am going to argue that the most underrated portion of Brady's career was the stretch from 2010 - 2013. The offense was rebuilt overnight early in the '10 season. It was rebuilt again during the '13 offseason. The defense was atrocious until the team acquired Talib, and experienced an ongoing rebuild only culminated in '14. Despite all this Brady led the team to at least 12 wins per season.

Impressive.

The team got on a heck of a roll no doubt. But if you take for instance, Brady's first ever start against the Colts. The Pats demolished them and had little to do with Brady. He through zero TDs but we scored like over 40 points, with Pick 6's and just great team football. That team had tons of veteran leadership too.. Law, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, McGinnest, Otis Smith, Troy Brown, pretty long list.

When the team was down and needed a score it was Brady's remarkable late game QBing that made the difference.

In the Snow Bowl game, his last two drives in regulation and the one in OT were almost perfect. His last drive in the Silence of the Rams SB was also near perfect.

Brady also made comebacks in the 4th quarter in most of the 7 SB's.

Without Tom Brady the Pats don't have a dynasty.

When did Brady start getting recognised as a top 5 QB in the game?

After the '04 Super Bowl, nationally. Locally, after the '03 Super Bowl (there were still some Bledsoe honks that thought he was better but were silenced after the second Super Bowl).

Brady was slight over-hyped actually imo that year. The team won games that year in all phases. His stats 2800 yard 18 TD 12 INT not spectacular. (14 games) The offense only score THREE total TDs in all the playoffs. He was great considering it was his first year playing, but he was actually just barely over rated for that season. (Just a tiny bit)

EDIT: And one of the three TDs in that post season was a Bledsoe TD Pass. Brady had one TD pass and one TD run in that post season.
If you only compare him to all quarterbacks, you're right. If you compare Brady to all ROOKIE quarterbacks, what he accomplished in 2001 is freaking amazing.

If you only compare him to all quarterbacks, you're right. If you compare Brady to all ROOKIE quarterbacks, what he accomplished in 2001 is freaking amazing.
he wasn't a rookie.

I would say the 2013 season where the team was ravaged with injuries, and hadn't really got great weapons at WR (Boyce, Dobson and friends) yet we still went 12-4 and made the AFC championship game was superb.

After the '04 Super Bowl, nationally. Locally, after the '03 Super Bowl (there were still some Bledsoe honks that thought he was better but were silenced after the second Super Bowl).

Guilty as charged!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Back