• Colts Vs. Saints

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bakes781

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
Remove your red, blue & silver colored glasses for a moment & tell me which SB you would most want to see.

Remove your red, blue & silver colored glasses for a moment & tell me which SB you would most want to see.

I can't remove them. They have been permanently welded to my head since birth. All that matters through these glasses is that we are in the big game. End of story.

I picked Bears-Pats because of SB XX but I wouldn't mind the "Silver and Gold" Bowl. :)

I can't remove them. They have been permanently welded to my head since birth. All that matters through these glasses is that we are in the big game. End of story.

Yeah I voted Pats/Saints. :p

I don't care how objective this person is trying to be: Whoever voted Colts-Saints should be banned from this messageboard immediately.

Had to vote Pats v Saints because for me personally that's the matchup that I thought I'd never have to watch, it's like my worlds colliding being born and raised a Pats fan, moving to New Orleans in 96, growing an appreciation for the Saints which eventually led to me getting season tickets in 2001 which coincided with the Pats first title (in New Orleans of course), it's crazy. I know both of these teams so well, I guess I would win either way, but when push comes to shove one remembers their roots so I go with the Pats.

Last edited:
As much as I know that we will be shown the "Super Bowl Shuffle" and "Referigerator" Perry's Touchdown, 9 million times, I really want the Patriots vs. Bears.

I am sure that a lot of the Pats from that game will be brought out of hiding for interviews, Grogan, Hannah, Craig James, Andre Tippett, Mosi Tatupu, Coach Raymond Berry and many more.

The Phoenix area is considered to be "little Chicago" as hundreds of thousands of Illini have relocated here. We, more than likely, have the largest population of Chicagoans outside the state Of Illinois.

And, of course, the revenge factor for Super Bowl XX.

ImgDyn.cfm

All of that, and if we had to beat the "Saints, America's team" in the SB, we would only be hated more...

Patriots - Saints. The Saints are more interetesting for a variety of reasons than the Bears and also present a bigger challege to the Patriots IMO. As for picking between the Patriots and Colts, while some people may be tired of the Patriots, it's clearly very intriguing to have a team be going for it's 4th SB win in 6 years - that or whether Manning would choke in the big game, there's no doubt which is more intriguing.

I don't care how objective this person is trying to be: Whoever voted Colts-Saints should be banned from this messageboard immediately.

haha. There is one intriguing part of that matchup and that is how HYSTERICAL it would be for Manning to finally get to the Superbowl then lose to his home team.

The media will be doing everything short of infecting the Pats & Bears lockerooms with the flu bug in order to get that Saints-Colts matchup.

Oh wait the flu DID hit the Pats...

BTW 3 out of 4 callers today on sportsradio "you pickem" took the Colts. More disrespect.

Objectively speaking, I suppose two primarily offensive teams would be the most interesting match up, especially with youth and raw talent vs. experience, so I chose Colts-Saints (and I'm certainly not rooting for the Colts). For the Pats, a game against the Saints would be more interesting, but I'd rather see the Bears because whoever beats the Saints is going to be hated by much of America. So, I guess, from my point of view, I'm hoping for the least interesting match up: Pats v. Bears.

Completely removing my red, white and blue glasses, I'd have to say Colts/Saints. That game would feature America's sentimental favorite (Saints) against Manning who *finally* got over the Patriots hump. I think that's the best story for the run-of-the-mill NFL fan.

Still, I want to see Pats/Saints because I relish the idea of the Pats being cast as the black hats in this game and I also want to see them play who I think is now the best team in the NFC. I think if the Bears win Sunday, both the Pats and Colts would throttle them (both teams match up well vs. Chicago) like the Pats would have done to Atlanta in SB39. I don't want any freebies.

Regards,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes