PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Moss post-game [mergedx3]

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Moss post-game(merged X3)

Anyone notice that Merriweather was playing 25 yards off the LOS on Moss's side and that was opening up huge holes for underneath routes, screens and running plays for Minn.?

I too noticed BM giving that cushion and wondered why they were not exploiting it. But then, didn't Percy gain impressive yards during a couple of runs underneath?

I don't know why he was traded, BB knows. Sorry that I don't subscribe to the "make up an answer before admitting to not knowing" way of thinking.

I promised myself I wouldn't respond to this, but just for kicks..."Feeling unwanted in New England, wide receiver Randy Moss had his agent call the Patriots following week 1 and asked for a trade, the Herald has learned" Boston Herald, Wedensday Oct,6 2010. Do you subscribe to that:bricks:

Last edited:

This kid needs a big New England hug.
He loved being here more than anyone thought, I guess. He sounds depressed about not being here and I would hate to be a Vikes fan right now. What a body blow to Minnesota his post-game comments must have been. Goes to show how special this organization is, huh?

Moss has been used to getting a certain amount of remuneration. Bill Belichick might have told him the Team can't afford to pay him his $10 million a year any more. He loves having him but won't offer to pay him more than x-y dollars per year. If Moss was willing to make say $5 million a year, he could have signed again. Moss held out and said "Its a business, I'll get my $10 million a year from someone else".

Noticeably, the Vikes did not re-sign him for his customary money. He is a FA next season.

If Moss declines his desire for customary money, in his later years, he could easily jump back to the Pats for the kind of money Belichick can and has budgeted for him. It is quite apparent that both Belichick and Moss want to be together. He may well be back, next year.

If Moss declines his desire for customary money, in his later years, he could easily jump back to the Pats for the kind of money Belichick can and has budgeted for him. It is quite apparent that both Belichick and Moss want to be together. He may well be back, next year.

Thing is....

A big part of why Moss was upset was not only was the NEP unwilling to offer him the money he wanted but he wasn't getting the ball enough to put up the type of numbers that would get him a big fat FA contract at the end of the season. He still isn't. Nobody is going to offer him the type of money he wants. He is either gonna have to retire or play for a smaller contract next year.

Thing is....

A big part of why Moss was upset was not only was the NEP unwilling to offer him the money he wanted but he wasn't getting the ball enough to put up the type of numbers that would get him a big fat FA contract at the end of the season.

PURE conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore