PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortenson: Brett Favre might be the MVP over Brady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, I love Brady and could care less if he gets the MVP. Honestly I bet he could care less too - he wants one trophy, the Lombardi!!! However, if for some crazy freak reason he does not win it, it will just fuel his teammates around him. They will go nuts! Imagine what Bruschi, Vrabel, Harrison, Seau, his OL would be thinking, saying. Imagine what BB would say privately to his team to feed them that ultimate disrespect card. Wow, it might be 60-0 all the way to Arizona. Hey, maybe it's best Brady doesn't win it!

This award is his to lose now. He has it, but he can lose it. In 7 games, ALOT can happen! It would have to be a major complete ultimate meltdown in gigantic proportions, doubtful, but anything is possible!!!!

Last edited:
I've never quite understood the man love for Farve. While he's had a very good year, it's the first one he's had in a while. Brady is having a career year if it continues.

Not just a career year... but the best year EVER. Brady should easily pass for over 50 touchdowns and is on pace to hit for 60. Totally SHATTERING the TD record of 49. If Favre beats out Brady for MVP, that will be the biggest FARCE in Sports history, thanks in part to idiots like Mortensen.

Last edited:
Not just a career year... but the best year EVER. Brady should easily pass for over 50 touchdowns and is on pace to hit for 60. Totally SHATTERING the TD record of 49. If Favre beats out Brady for MVP, that will be the biggest FARCE in Sports history, thanks in part to idiots like Mortensen.

I agree. Can everyone get off Favre's jock? It's ridiculous. Tom Brady, thus far, is having the best passing season IN THE HISTORY OF THE GAME and his team is undefeated.

I like Brett Favre. Beyond all the Madden ball-washing, the endless ''he's just having fun'' comments, those ridiculous years where he would put up a Rex Grossman of a game about twice a year and beating us in the Superbowl, I like how he plays and what he's done.

If he gets the MVP then **** that stupid award.

Stop worrying. It's ONE guy that said it, and not only that, I'd put money on Mortensen voting for Brady if he had a vote. Guys get excited when they see something like what Favre did, and are not putting down Brady, but just stating that Favre is playing a like a great leader.

Brady is the MVP, hands down. It will be a unanimous selection. Don't fret.
Stop it. We'll have neither reason nor sanity on this board. ;)

I always felt Bob Griese got into the HOF because of the undefeated season. It couldn't have been those 7 completions in the Superbowl. That being said, Brady has thrown 33 TD's/ 4 INT's and has 7 games to play (you compute). There is a very good chance the Patriots will go undefeated. Green Bay on the other hand, has to play Detroit twice (once on Thanksgiving) and Dallas right after Detroit, not to mention the Vikings next week. Farve has 13 TD's and 8 INT's (you compute).
Mort, Michael Irvin is no longer at ESPN, are you trying to fill a void?

Oh **** you, Mortenson.

8 B. Favre QB, GNB 205 308 66.6 2406 7.81 82 13 4.2 8 2.6 13.0 85 93.3

or....

1 Tom Brady QB, NWE 219 299 73.2 2686 8.98 69 33 11.0 4 1.3 10.0 62 131.8

hmmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back