PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Atleast 50% of the posters on this thread are shoot from the hip, ungrateful, blubbering fools. And I must say the fairest of fair weather fans.

There is a report from ESPN, don't know any of the details, but yet you are ready to tar and feather one of the best players we have had in the past 5 years.

You all make me sick. I'll wait until I know more detail before I'll become disloyal, maybe you people should too. :mad:
Excellent post!

It is illegal to obtain HGH without a doctors prescription. If it is prescribed by a doctor as a treatment, that is different, but you can't just buy the stuff.

Actually, I could get it easily, sans the doc.

Per Chris Mortensen of ESPN, Rodney will be suspended for 4 games for being tied to purchasing HGH. I'm not sure of any other details.

Sadly, I think almost every player in the NFL uses HGH.

Last edited:
Anyone here listening to the press conference?

I blame Michael Vick.

You can only go off the info we have so far. If this turns out to be wrong, I'll gladly come back and admit I was completely wrong.
OK,'nough said.

People have a right to be upset. The reason why people are so upset is because they love Rodney so much. Stop acting like people are being jerks by being extremely dissapointed that it is being reported that one of our favorite players has broken the rules and will be suspended. People though better of Rodney. It doesn't automatically mean we're saying he's a terrible person or we should all hate him, it just means that we're very dissapointed.

Amen, preach it... My feelings exactly... Highly disappointed, shocked, denial, can't believe it... What station is he on with the conference call? Website?

[Rodney I hope you read this] Keep your head up. I believe in you and would never count you out. You will come back from this a stronger person and a stronger player. God bless.

He looks like a roider. He's got the jaw of one; the same look guys like Barry Bonds, Mark McGwire, Bill Romanowski and other known HGH/roiders have. This really doesn't surprise me in the least, though it does disappoint me.

Luckily the tandem of Sanders and Meriweather can hold up before Rodney returns, but clearly this is the end of any hopes for Rodney to make the hall of fame, despite him being one of the best safeties ever (and, unfortunately, artificially enhanced). I definitely have to laugh at the people who are claiming that this isn't a case of artificial enhancement, either; the facts, here, are likely irrefutable, since the NFL doesn't move against players (especially ones with the pedigree of a Rodney) without that sort of evidence because they know the union will come after them.

HGH is not the same thing as steroids. Get educated first...

A guy like Harrison, getting injured and not playing must've absolutely destroyed him.

He decided to utilize all means necessary to heal up and get back.

It stinks and it is upsetting, but he'll be back.

I'm not gonna crucify him. He's one of our guys and I'll stick by him.

He made a big mistake, got caught and will pay for it.

Unfortunately, the team suffers also not having his talent on the field. That's the toughest part to swallow.

Who the hell buys drugs without the intention of using it? Is he a drug dealer instead? Do you think he bought for his sick grandma?

There does seem to be a "didn't inhale" desperation to the suggestion that a player took the risk of illicitly obtaining a performance-enhancing substance...but didn't plan to use it. Not credible.

I don't know the facts in this case. I generally have a lot of respect for Rodney. But there's little question that lots, LOTS of NFL players use HGH, and an aging warrior struggling to come back from injury is a natural victim for that temptation. It's all too plausible.

Would it make me want to jettison the guy? Nope. It would just depress me.

[Rodney I hope you read this] Keep your head up. I believe in you and would never count you out. You will come back from this a stronger person and a stronger player. God bless.
Amen! Amen!

You may be right about Bob Sanders, but I prefer to judge people based on their character and their deeds past and present. I don't turn on someone for making a mistake. We don't know what really goes on in professional sports, and you might just discover that the Patriot organization (and other NFL teams) are loaded with HGH users. Then you'd have to hate your team.

I dunno. I guess I don't view professional athletes as paragons of virtue and perfection. I don't know if you do either; but you're in for a sad awakening if you do.

I guess so, I'm sure there are many more users and those guys should be gone too. I'm probably a bit naive to it but I just can't stand cheating. Remember how everyone reacted with Merriman?

I guess I'll be waiting to read the press conference if it is hopefully posted. I will be able to forgive Rodney if he is truly sorry about what he did and apologizes. I'll still be very disappointed but there is just no way I can hate the guy.

And to those people who are yelling for his release, please just **** off.

A guy like Harrison, getting injured and not playing must've absolutely destroyed him.

He decided to utilize all means necessary to heal up and get back.

It stinks and it is upsetting, but he'll be back.

I'm not gonna crucify him. He's one of our guys and I'll stick by him.

He made a big mistake, got caught and will pay for it.

Unfortunately, the team suffers also not having his talent on the field. That's the toughest part to swallow.
Well said :agree:

Last edited:
Players don't get suspended for their first offense do they?

Players don't get suspended for their first offense do they?

Players get suspended for their negative-first offense in Goodell's NFL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back