PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mortensen: Rodney Harrison to be suspended 4 games for Human Growth Hormone

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me ill, but I love and support Rodney no mattter what.

If this is true that he bought them and used HGH, then that is selfish and embarassing to the team and the fans.

However, it is also commendable that he did the right thing and admitted to it, knowing that there would be reprecussions.

All fans would like to hoist their players upon a pedestal and hope that they wouldn't do what "the other guys" do. It just doesn't work that way.

Good post, marc00. I am and will still be a Rodney fan. Although it is dissapointing I won't turn on him like I am sure many people will.

Players don't get suspended for their first offense do they?

I'm not sure. But with this new Commish and all the craziness going on in the NFL, he might have changed that policy if it ever existed.

This makes me ill, but I love and support Rodney no mattter what.

Not exactly what you were looking for on a Saturday morning, eh?

This came as quite a shock tonight.

League substance policy is in effect here isn't it?

I suppose. I don't even think the NFL has any real policy on HGH. It's un-testable.

I am trying to reserve judgment until we hear more, especially from Harrison, who has been a terrific leader.

But can't help but get the sick feeling in the stomach and wonder how severally we - and Rodney, already voted as the league's "dirtiest player" - are going to get ridiculed if this indeed is true. I know how much I detested and mocked Shawne Merriman for resorting to unfair means.

This is certainly a big shocker that has brought down my spirits. Hopefully I get over it by tomorrow.

**** :mad:

Who cares what everyone else thinks when HIS fans are the ones who are turning on him...we haven't even heard an official statement and people are abandoning Rodney faster than rats off a sinking ship!

Last edited:
Whew, I was wondering when you'd show up. I was starting to worry about your health. :)

Well, I just got back home an found this. Then reading the responses here makes it even worst.

Many need to be ashamed of themselves. Many might want to think (a novel idea, I know), how they would feel if abandoned so fast by their so called friends. It's the same group that will have nothing but love for Rodney by week 10. Probably they same group that ***** and moan about loyalty when we lose a player to free agency.

I better log off from here now.

The thing is, it's against the rules. Rodney should have known better, whether it was illegal or not.

But I don't think the NFL would have suspended Rodney retroactively. So we'll see.

I understand that its against the rules to USE it. Based on the Mortenson article, it said that Rodney admitted to purchasing it. It said nothing about having used it.

Who cares what the everyone else thinks when HIS fans are the ones who are turning on him...we haven't even heard an official statement and people are abandoning Rodney faster than rats off a sinking ship!
Not entirely true. I am sure all of us are dissapointed but not ready to turn on him. I know thats the case for me.

Players don't get suspended for their first offense do they?

Of course they do.

This is depressing indeed. This guy has been one of my favs and now thats all up in the air.

Wow, just wow.

This totally sucks!

This is very depressing.

Phuccckkk!

Damn!

I would very much have liked to have Rodney against the F-ing Chargers. Thanks a lot, you F-ing IDIOT.
You weren't going to have him anyway. WIthout the HGH, he'd still be recovering from knee operation

:rofl:

Who the hell buys drugs without the intention of using it? Is he a drug dealer instead? Do you think he bought for his sick grandma?

Oh brother. Listen, I have bought supplements previously and not used them for various reasons. I know PLENTY of other people who would buy ephedra items and threw them out without opening them after Korey Stringer died. So, please STFU and leave troll.

This is quite shocking. The news sounds pretty disappointing, but we shall see what the reasons were, or if it's true at all.

Everyone needs to calm down though, passing judgment on one another is just the same as passing judgment on Mr. Harrison.

Let's let people express their opinions as they wish. It's a startling revelation.

People have a right to be upset. The reason why people are so upset is because they love Rodney so much. Stop acting like people are being jerks by being extremely dissapointed that it is being reported that one of our favorite players has broken the rules and will be suspended. We though better of Rodney. It doesn't automatically mean we're saying he's a terrible person or we should all hate him, it just means that we're very dissapointed.

If people were just being jerks by being "extremely disappointed" there wouldn't be an issue. But MANY people are not acting that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes