PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF: Oakland Raiders at Denver Broncos

Only because of some of the most cr*ptacular calls in playoff history (face guarding, anyone?) AND a flu bug that forced the Pats to play Eric Alexander at ILB on the final go-ahead drive.

Worse part was Caldwell getting mugged in the endzone. On the 1st day of ref training officials are shown that clip to show what defensive pass interference is. Still burns that peyton would be ringless right now while Brady would have 4(noway Bears beat the 06 pats).

You mean the Colts are 9-11 in the playoffs and have lost 8 times in the first round.

Football is a team sport, yo.

When your QB plays like ****....the rest of the team doesn't matter.

Call me crazy but if I could take Denver's offense or KC's defense through 3 weeks I'd choose the latter. Plus, Jamaal Charles >>> Denver's run game. Those things matter in January.

Manning is on fire right now yes but let's see if he holds up all season long. It's hard enough to support that forehead with a healthy neck.

Worse part was Caldwell getting mugged in the endzone. On the 1st day of ref training officials are shown that clip to show what defensive pass interference is. Still burns that peyton would be ringless right now while Brady would have 4(noway Bears beat the 06 pats).

Or the PI on Troy at the end of the 1st half, or the drop ball by Caldwell at the 2 that hit him in stride on his way into the EZ or the ..... oh nevermind that game was terrible. But to Manning's credit, that was the best half of playoff football he's ever played and he made some impressive throws.

OTOH, remember what happened with the 2007 team starting around week 12 or so?

This is one of the most overlooked things with the 2007 team. I think it was week 12-SB42 they averaged only 27ppg or something, a far cry from the best offense of all time.

Week 1-11, the greatest thing ever seen on a football field.

Week12-SB, an offense that was figured out somehow. :confused: :(

Worse part was Caldwell getting mugged in the endzone. .

Exactly, it's bad enough to have the phantom call on Hobbs but the clear inconsistency there made it pretty ridiculous.

WTF was that? Denver has a regular Bob Ross on the sideline? "ah nice, now lets put a nice little tree here...yeah....thats good. Maybe a snowcap mountain over here..."

WOW....I have one word for that IN-COM-PLETE!

This is one of the most overlooked things with the 2007 team. I think it was week 12-SB42 they averaged only 27ppg or something, a far cry from the best offense of all time.

Nah, the patriots started to run out of gas after week 12. That's the price you pay when both teams treat every game like the superbowl.

Refs let the opposing defenses absolutely molest our receivers. Go back and watch the Eagles and Ravens game. Absolutely terrible. I can remember at least two times where Moss' shoulder pad was out of his shirt when he came out of his break.

I think so. Houston, Hali, Poe are all beasts. Berry is finally back 100% and looks like one of the best safeties in the league, while Flowers/Smith are a great CB duo.

That team is being overlooked. They also have a top 5 RB and a great game manager at QB. I like them vs. any AFC team 1 on 1 at the moment.

I really hope you're right. I don't think you are. But, I hope so.

The Raiders are in the huddle talking about renting a party bus and getting that bad ass stripper named sweet pea.

nice run by hillman because of one of the all time great draw calls by Peyton Manning.

I'm no X and O expert, but Helen Keller could read this Oakland D. There was a glimmer of hope, but....Just Bad.:bricks:

Raiders have implemented their Zombie defense successfully tonight....

:confused:

They lost one game. In that one game...

Brady was hurt
Neal was hurt, as was Hochstein, who was the primary backup
the TEs were hurt
Mankins played what is probably still his worst game as a pro
Faulk suffered a minor injury

Nobody figured out that offense.

I really hope you're right. I don't think you are. But, I hope so.

They shut out Jax, and held Dallas and Philly to 16 points. They are good.

How efficiently has this offense been killing the Raiders? The Broncos top 3 receivers (Welker/Decker/Thomas) have 24 receptions on 26 targets.

:confused:

They lost one game. In that one game...

Brady was hurt
Neal was hurt, as was Hochstein, who was the primary backup
the TEs were hurt
Mankins played what is probably still his worst game as a pro
Faulk suffered a minor injury

Nobody figured out that offense.

Weeks 1-11: 41.7 ppg

Weeks 12-Superbowl: 27.1ppg

Something happened.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday