PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF 12/12 Pre-game thread: Pats @ Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
Despite the negativity or blatantly disgusting homer-ism (I'm in this camp), I hope everyone enjoys a Monday Night Football game featuring our beloved Patriots! If they win (which I am quite confident about) then we can start imagining a path to the playoffs. If they somehow lose (not likely), then it will leave four games for the coaches to evaluate more players and determine the direction they will take heading into the off-season. Either way, I'll be watching every play of every game they play this year and for years to come (god-willing). FFS, lets freakin' take the Cards to the woodshed tonight and use it to springboard us forward.

He no longer is. He is not on the injury report. Why he has appeared in only one game this year while Myles Bryant makes appearances every game is a head scratcher for some of us.
Maybe Bryant offers more versatility?

be a good twitter question for one of the beat reporters

Ashley is all over the q&a Twitter stuff, maybe she can get you a better answer

Very easily could run the table here if we get healthy. Don't see a single team there who could beat us at full strength.
You can't be serious. 5-0 is probably the most unlikely scenario. And obviously anyone can see Buffalo beating us if you've been paying attention. We already lost to Miami. And Cincinnati's offense is nightmare right now for any defense.

I'll give you @ARI and @LVR, although I don't think either game will be "easy." And I have them beating Miami in Foxboro. So if they can pull off an upset against either CIN or @BUF then 4-1 would get them in for sure. I really believe 9-8 is the most likely outcome and hoping for a total collapse by Miami. Also discounting the Jets which is realistic at this point. The Ravens and Chargers are getting in.

Very easily could run the table here if we get healthy. Don't see a single team there who could beat us at full strength. However, even dropping 1 more game should be enough to clinch a playoff spot.
patriots are not bogged down by health only. They dont have the mental make up and attitude to win games. Last week was as much a must win at home vs a team which punked them last yr. They played like turtles. Pats teams of the past wouldve played with a lot of pride. The current team is disconnected snd has resentment with the coach staff publicly criticizing playcalling etc. These teams always rely on excuses and dont really get better.
Patricia is part of the problem but for me the team has no leadership which can steady the boat.

Case in point
Based on conversations I've had, buy-in is waning in pockets of the building.

There is exasperation not only from those on the offensive side but on the defensive side of the ball as well. The offense has struggled so significantly that those on the other side haven't been put in a position to succeed consistently. (That was perhaps best illustrated by the lopsided time-of-possession battle with the Bills last week.) Belichick has for years extolled the virtues of playing "complementary football," but that has proven elusive.

Play good defense. Make some plays on special teams. Hope it's enough. It's an issue for folks beyond those taking up residence in offensive meetings. It's something that people organization-wide plainly see.

As for the offensive buy-in, I think that was gasping for air long ago. Not only were the staff changes alarming when they happened, but problems seem to have been exacerbated because the coaching staff appeared to make a miscalculation in terms of the types of players they're working with.

these kinda teams historically have a tough time playing mentally strong football at critical times.

The Chargers will likely win out. There are now healthy, and they are a Super Bowl contender.

We will be fighting MIA and CIN for 2 spots. We should be able to be ahead of the jets. So, we need to pass one of these teams. CIN has a tough schedule.

I don't know how the tie breaker would go with MIA, presuming that we beat them. It seems that we might have the same division and conference record.
miami holds the tie breakers over us if we finish tied... they have the better record vs common opponents 5-2 vs our 3-4, with one common opponent game left for bofus... best we can do is 4-4, worst they can do is 5-3, and we have the harder match up vs the bengals, while the phins face green bay

miami holds the tie breakers over us if we finish tied... they have the better record vs common opponents 5-2 vs our 3-4, with one common opponent game left for bofus... best we can do is 4-4, worst they can do is 5-3, and we have the harder match up vs the bengals, while the phins face green bay
Record vs AFC opponents is considered before record vs common opponents.

You can't be serious. 5-0 is probably the most unlikely scenario. And obviously anyone can see Buffalo beating us if you've been paying attention. We already lost to Miami. And Cincinnati's offense is nightmare right now for any defense.

I'll give you @ARI and @LVR, although I don't think either game will be "easy." And I have them beating Miami in Foxboro. So if they can pull off an upset against either CIN or @BUF then 4-1 would get them in for sure. I really believe 9-8 is the most likely outcome and hoping for a total collapse by Miami. Also discounting the Jets which is realistic at this point. The Ravens and Chargers are getting in.
I'm dead serious.

Buffalo has been unable to beat a healthy NE team in over two decades. Even in the Josh Allen era, they are 0-4 vs a full strength NE squad. I don't see that changing. If we get healthy by then, we will bury them.

Tua? You think Tua will win a cold weather game here. :rofl::rofl:

The Bungles? This list is getting more and more comedic.

Record vs AFC opponents is considered before record vs common opponents.
you'd think it would be, but per nfl.com, its not. Common opponents is the third selector, conference record is 4th in a two way tie breaker

Two Clubs
  1. 1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. 2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. 3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. 4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. 5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. 6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. 7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. 8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. 9. Best net points in common games.
  10. 10. Best net points in all games.
  11. 11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. 12. Coin toss

patriots are not bogged down by health only. They dont have the mental make up and attitude to win games. Last week was as much a must win at home vs a team which punked them last yr. They played like turtles. Pats teams of the past wouldve played with a lot of pride. The current team is disconnected snd has resentment with the coach staff publicly criticizing playcalling etc. These teams always rely on excuses and dont really get better.
Patricia is part of the problem but for me the team has no leadership which can steady the boat.
I don't know what you're referring to. This team is a mental giant.

I'm dead serious.

Buffalo has been unable to beat a healthy NE team in over two decades. Even in the Josh Allen era, they are 0-4 vs a full strength NE squad. I don't see that changing. If we get healthy by then, we will bury them.

James Franco Reaction GIF

per nfl.com, its not. Common opponents is the third selector, conference record is 4th in a two way tie breaker

Two Clubs
  1. 1. Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
  2. 2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
  3. 3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
  4. 4. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
  5. 5. Strength of victory in all games.
  6. 6. Strength of schedule in all games
  7. 7. Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  8. 8. Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed in all games.
  9. 9. Best net points in common games.
  10. 10. Best net points in all games.
  11. 11. Best net touchdowns in all games.
  12. 12. Coin toss
That's for division titles.

For wildcard berths, AFC opponents comes before common opponents.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two wild card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken:

• If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply the division tiebreaker.
  • If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps:
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

I'm dead serious.

You got your mojo back.

thats what the nfl says on tie breaking procedures... if you have an issue with it, take it up with the NFL... Or better yet, cite a source... i like learning new things

thats what the nfl says on tie breaking procedures... if you have an issue with it, take it up with the NFL... Or better yet, cite a source... i like learning new things

I just did.

TO BREAK A TIE FOR THE WILD-CARD TEAM

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the two wild card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken:

• If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply the division tiebreaker.
  • If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps:
Two Clubs

1. Head-to-head, if applicable
  2. Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference
  3. Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games, minimum of four

Please read the whole page.

It literally states

To Break A Tie For The Wild-Card Team​

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the three Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
  1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tiebreaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

the division tie breakers are listed above in my post you claimed was wrong.

Please read the whole page.

It literally states

To Break A Tie For The Wild-Card Team​

If it is necessary to break ties to determine the three Wild-Card clubs from each conference, the following steps will be taken.
  1. If the tied clubs are from the same division, apply division tiebreaker.
  2. If the tied clubs are from different divisions, apply the following steps.

the division tie breakers are listed above in my post you claimed was wrong.

In that case, record vs division gets counted before record vs common opponents.

Either way, you were wrong.

The Chargers will likely win out. There are now healthy, and they are a Super Bowl contender.

We will be fighting MIA and CIN for 2 spots. We should be able to be ahead of the jets. So, we need to pass one of these teams. CIN has a tough schedule.

I don't know how the tie breaker would go with MIA, presuming that we beat them. It seems that we might have the same division and conference record.
Chargers will likely go for it on a unwanted 4th down and mess it up down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back