PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

MNF 12/12 Pre-game thread: Pats @ Arizona

Status
Not open for further replies.
In that case, record vs division gets counted over record vs common opponents.

Either way, you were wrong.
No because the premise of the question was if Miami and New England tied ... They are in the same division, thus the division tie breaker applies, and common opponents ranks higher

No because the premise of the question was if Miami and New England tied ... They are in the same division, thus the division tie breaker applies, and common opponents ranks higher
Record vs division gets counted ahead of record vs common opponents. If they are tied, they will go to H2H record, and then division record. Not common opponent record, as you claimed. That's the 3rd tiebreaker.

You were wrong.

This team's mediocrity has very little to do with health and injuries. The roster even at full strength is a bottom third of the league one and this was recognized by most of the board posters at the beginning of the year.
The horrible coaching also does not have anything to do with injuries.

Arizona is in the same boat as the Pats, they are bottom third, so it is certainly possible they could win tonight.
However running the table seems delusional unless the teams they play in the final 4 games do not try and play backups.

Record vs division gets counted ahead of record vs common opponents. If they are tied, they will go to H2H record, and then division record. Not common opponent record, as you claimed. That's the 3rd tiebreaker.

You were wrong.
what part of the original supposition is so hard for you to understand? the Tied head to head part or having the same division record part?

learn to read better

Buffalo has been unable to beat a healthy NE team in over two decades. Even in the Josh Allen era, they are 0-4 vs a full strength NE squad. I don't see that changing. If we get healthy by then, we will bury them.
Stop with this nonsense. Recent history... Buffalo has completed dominated the last three contests. Beating Buffalo would amount to a major upset at this point.

Tua? You think Tua will win a cold weather game here. :rofl::rofl:
No, I don't. I have the Patriots winning that game.

The Bungles? This list is getting more and more comedic.
This isn't the Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton Bungles anymore. Zac Taylor is a legit head coach and Joe Burrow has played his way into the MVP race. Great quarterback with a terrific supporting cast. Their win over KC put the AFC on notice.

what part of the original supposition is so hard for you to understand? the Tied head to head part or having the same division record part?

learn to read better
No need to cry about being wrong. That was not my intention with this discussion. I was not actively trying to crush you, even though that was the final result. I was only trying to educate you.

Stop with this nonsense. Recent history... Buffalo has completed dominated the last three contests. Beating Buffalo would amount to a major upset at this point.
Against an injury depleted NE team, yes.

No, I don't. I have the Patriots winning that game.

An intelligent prognostication by you.

This isn't the Marvin Lewis and Andy Dalton Bungles anymore. Zac Taylor is a legit head coach and Joe Burrow has played his way into the MVP race. Great quarterback with a terrific supporting cast. Their win over KC put the AFC on notice.
That offense will be stifled by this defense. Superb matchup for us.

No need to cry about being wrong. That was not my intention with this discussion. I was not actively trying to crush you, even though that was the final result. I was only trying to educate you.
lol.... really? you enter a conversation without understanding what people are talking about, and you think you "crushed" me?

You are so far off the mark. You cite the same source I did, and didn't even bother to read the tie-breaking procedures, which quite literally spells it out.

whats the matter? not enough testicular fortitude to admit it when you are wrong? rage on keyboard warrior, rage on.

lol.... really? you enter a conversation without understanding what people are talking about, and you think you "crushed" me?

You are so far off the mark. You cite the same source I did, and didn't even bother to read the tie-breaking procedures, which quite literally spells it out.

whats the matter? not enough testicular fortitude to admit it when you are wrong? rage on keyboard warrior, rage on.
You are taking this much worse than I thought you would.

Try not to look at this as an 'L,' but more as a Life Lesson. This will allow you to handle this situation with much more grace. After all, two L's are better than one.

The dolphins have problems. Their OL is regressing, they overpaid alot for Chubb & Howard isn’t the same player. They are over the cap & don’t have a first round pick.

The bills OL is mediocre & they ideally need 3 replacements if they don’t want to get Allen killed. Davis & Knox have proven to be weak secondary passing options. They are over the cap a decent amount & Edmunds & Poyer are about to be FAs.

I’m at peace entering tonight’s game & the remaining tough stretch. The team either surprises us or continues to be inept offensively forcing kraft to make significant coaching staff changes. The division isn’t as daunting moving forward as it was earlier & the team could realistically compete with BOB at OC, investments at tackle, etc.

In the meantime hopefully they show up offensively tonight. The cards are without their CB1 & their remaining corners are mediocre IMO.

You are taking this much worse than I thought you would.

Try not to look at this as an 'L,' but more as a Life Lesson. This will allow you to handle this situation with much more grace. After all, two L's are better than one.
obfuscation by insulting me... last refuge of the incompetent. please, rage on, you keyboard warrior you...

there are others on this board who try to play this same game, but they are better at it than you

obfuscation by insulting me... last refuge of the incompetent. please, rage on, you keyboard warrior you...

there are others on this board who try to play this same game, but they are better at it than you
I am positive there are others who are much better at insulting you, but I am not sure how that applies to this discussion. I have not insulted you once. I do not insult people. I have provided you with the necessary tools with which you can recognize error of your ways. What you do with those tools is up to you.

Don't get the playoff hype. Let's see a solid effort in all 3 phases in a win first. Then we can start to look forward to a road playoff game in KC.

I am positive there are others who are much better at insulting you, but I am not sure how that applies to this discussion. I have not insulted you once. I do not insult people. I have provided you with the necessary tools with which you can recognize error of your ways. What you do with those tools is up to you.
they try, and fail

Quite like you in this thread...

Most can admit their mistakes... guess you are taking yours to the grave... rage on keyboard warrior, rage on

they try, and fail

Quite like you in this thread...

Most can admit their mistakes... guess you are taking yours to the grave... rage on keyboard warrior, rage on

I don't doubt that. Not many people could match wits with you and your literary prowess in an exchange of insults.

Once you shore up your weaknesses - i.e., your knowledge of football and tiebreaker procedures - you are going to be the most complete poster here.

I, for one, am pulling for you. I know you shouldn't judge a book by its cover, but judging from your profile image, both you and your girlfriend look like outstanding individuals.

Don't get the playoff hype. Let's see a solid effort in all 3 phases in a win first. Then we can start to look forward to a road playoff game in KC.
Yeah I'm generally in the camp of, f*** it, we're fans, we're allowed to look ahead it doesn't affect anything. But this year I can't even bring myself to look ahead. Show me a good game. ****, show me a good first quarter, then maybe I can look ahead to the next quarter! Just show me any sign of an offense and maybe I can start to look forward to playoff chances but at the moment it's hard to be optimistic

Yeah I'm generally in the camp of, f*** it, we're fans, we're allowed to look ahead it doesn't affect anything. But this year I can't even bring myself to look ahead. Show me a good game. ****, show me a good first quarter, then maybe I can look ahead to the next quarter! Just show me any sign of an offense and maybe I can start to look forward to playoff chances but at the moment it's hard to be optimistic
I'm pretty sure say all the right things Mac Jones had good week in practice as usual. :rolleyes: Can't wait to see how it translates on the football field.

This team's mediocrity has very little to do with health and injuries. The roster even at full strength is a bottom third of the league one and this was recognized by most of the board posters at the beginning of the year.
The horrible coaching also does not have anything to do with injuries.

Arizona is in the same boat as the Pats, they are bottom third, so it is certainly possible they could win tonight.
However running the table seems delusional unless the teams they play in the final 4 games do not try and play backups.
We are going have to score at least 24 to have a chance in our next Four Opponents 17 Points won't cut it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back