PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missed sack?

That was a clear intentional grounding and could've lead to the Patriots winning the game in regulation
the running back #28 was in the neighborhood

While we are at it....that horse collar call was complete horseshit!
That was indeed an awful call

See it here

So it's OK to grab the back of the jersey? Or only when a Green Bay DB does it to Kendrick Bourne? :evil:
Anything below the name plate is fair game, to my understanding

That was indeed an awful call

See it here

It's only "awful" if people realize other teams have done it against the Patriots at least 3 times and it's not been called. However, by the letter of the rule, it is correct since it states you can't grab the player by the nameplate to take them down. Schooler grabbed the nameplate.
Anything below the name plate is fair game, to my understanding

"
ARTICLE 16. HORSE-COLLAR TACKLE

No player shall grab the inside collar of the back or the side of the shoulder pads or jersey, or grab the jersey at the name plate or above, and pull the runner toward the ground. This does not apply to a runner who is in the tackle box or to a quarterback who is in the pocket."

Schooler's hand had the nameplate. You can see it at the 4 second mark of the video.

Schooler never grabbed the name plate. You can see the first contact at the 2 second mark, clearly just below the name plate. At no point can you see any part of the name obscured.

At any rate, it isn't completely clear, so I'll not complain. Missing the hold on Bourne or failing to re-set the game clock after the previous delay of game, on the other hand ...

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back