PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Missed sack?

MegaPatsFan

Rookie
Reaction score
Missed sack?
Am I the only one who noticed Rogers forearm hitting the ground?
That's a sack.

Thought the same thing but seemed to me his elbow never hit the ground

Wrist, hand, even a little ball...I don't know the rule, is that a sack?

Wrist, hand, even a little ball...I don't know the rule, is that a sack?

Hand is okay. The question is if the back of the wrist counts as arm or hand.

Hand is okay. The question is if the back of the wrist counts as arm or hand.
From NFL Website : If, after contact by an opponent, any part of a runner’s leg above the ankle or any part of his arm above the wrist touches the ground, the runner is down.

Missed sack?
Am I the only one who noticed Rogers forearm hitting the ground?
That's a sack.

Where did his forearm hit the ground. I saw his hand come down and then he kept himself up with the back of his hand holding the football. Maybe the wrist touched, but that's not the forearm.

Where did his forearm hit the ground. I saw his hand come down and then he kept himself up with the back of his hand holding the football. Maybe the wrist touched, but that's not the forearm.
So the rule is "above the wrist" I did not know that. I thought wrist not being part of the hand would count as down.
In this play it's hard to see if it's all wrist or wrist and forearm.

But it's a good time to bring up the clear and obvious bias of that wretched Ref crew. The head Ref didn't know what the heck he was doing. There were so many stupid calls, and missed calls and every one of those went against the Pats. Could anyone find a bad or debatable call that went against the Packers?? The horsecollar was horsesh*t! There was a holding call on 3 of Pats good returns (and the TV replay didn't show any of them). There were 2 missed obvious helmet contact on Pats players - one being on Zappe - that would have been called for any other QB. Green Bay is a notorious place for biased refs, and that's what BB's lips were saying on the sideline, I read them at least once clearly screaming that to the side judge.

But it's a good time to bring up the clear and obvious bias of that wretched Ref crew. The head Ref didn't know what the heck he was doing. There were so many stupid calls, and missed calls and every one of those went against the Pats. Could anyone find a bad or debatable call that went against the Packers?? The horsecollar was horsesh*t! There was a holding call on 3 of Pats good returns (and the TV replay didn't show any of them). There were 2 missed obvious helmet contact on Pats players - one being on Zappe - that would have been called for any other QB. Green Bay is a notorious place for biased refs, and that's what BB's lips were saying on the sideline, I read them at least once clearly screaming that to the side judge.
Well, they did gift the Pats a TD by not calling the second delay of game penalty.

Well, they did gift the Pats a TD by not calling the second delay of game penalty.
I forgot to mention that. It was another blatantly mishandled moment by the officiating crew. The play clock didn't reset when the refs whistled the first delay. That was a playclock error, and NO ONE - even the idiots in the booth realized it. The refs were discussing it during the break, but the clear anti-Patriot media was never going to mention what obviously happened. The reason the ref didn't call that one is because they knew they didn't reset the clock after their announcement of the penalty. But they'll let the whole world think the Pats got away with something.

I don't see the forearm go down. No sack.

So the rule is "above the wrist" I did not know that. I thought wrist not being part of the hand would count as down.
In this play it's hard to see if it's all wrist or wrist and forearm.
It's really easy for your wrist to touch the ground, whereas it's really hard for your forearm to touch the ground without your elbow touching as well. So it makes sense that above the wrist would be considered down and not the wrist itself.

One of my favorite moments is when they threw a flag on the Patriots for downfield blocking. Ref had to be informed it's legal one yard off the LOS.

One of my favorite moments is when they threw a flag on the Patriots for downfield blocking. Ref had to be informed it's legal one yard off the LOS.

I liked the after-the-play personal foul that they announced against the Patriots before realizing that that number didn't correspond to anyone on the team.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back