PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Tomlin: Steelers 'spotted' Patriots a day and half

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does Mike Tomlin need an extra day and a half? How much work does it take to draw up plays to go for it on a two point conversion..... Well, for him it make take all week.

I can't wait to hear your excuse about how this is different ("well, uhm... Belichick was provoked! He has the utmost respect for the league and its players. Tomlin said this for no reason! Belichick is a consummate professional, Tomlin is just an arrogant little prick with no respect!")

You forgot the most important one . . . a losing player was talking sh*t. Ultimate rebuttal, look at the scoreboard.

Just watched Brown's FB video. Good god what a bunch of idiots in locker room.

Last edited:
I doubt the A-hole language bothers the Pats at all...Tomlin might or might not have known that one of his players would broadcast it (doesn't really matter one way or the other), but I'm sure the language is much rougher when the locker room door is closed...on both sides.

As for the underlying point. Yeah. I actually agree with Tomlin. Another example of League Office dis-concern for players in the Goodell era. I was amazed that the Steelers had to play a night game 24 hours after their CG opponent had played and then travel back to Pittsburgh, arrive in the early hours of Monday morning and then have to travel to Foxboro next Saturday. That truly gives the Pats nearly two full days of advantage in rest and prep and I would have been royally pissed if the Pats were in the Steeler's shoes.

The AFC and NFC Divisional games should be played on separate days. That way, whenever the CG's are played, each team has the same number of days to prep. The only benefit would go, as it should, to a team that earned the right to play at home.

As for the underlying point. Yeah. I actually agree with Tomlin. Another example of League Office dis-concern for players in the Goodell era. I was amazed that the Steelers had to play a night game 24 hours after their CG opponent had played and then travel back to Pittsburgh, arrive in the early hours of Monday morning and then have to travel to Foxboro next Saturday. That truly gives the Pats nearly two full days of advantage in rest and prep and I would have been royally pissed if the Pats were in the Steeler's shoes.

If the Steelers don't like all that travelling, maybe they should play better and get a higher seed. If you reversed the seeding of the Pats and Steelers would the Steelers be complaining right now? No way.

Yeah, whatever you say genius. clearly others here agree with my view as evident by the rating on the post. There's a HUGE difference addressing some uncalled for antagonizing comment by some POS on the Ravens, made one on one, and pep-talking your team calling the opponents Assholes for no good reason.
Of course there's a difference. (groan) Textbook cognitive dissonance.

LMAO.... and it already starts... How did I ****ING KNOW that POS will say this exact thing. Let the excuses and allegations party begin...

Mike Tomlin: Steelers 'spotted' Patriots a day and half

Right genius, because the Patriots KNEW the outcome of the Chiefs/Steelers game in advance, and then went to prepare against the Steelers throughout the middle of the night and into Monday morning, while you assholes were trying to get back home.

If anyone had the edge here, it's your Squealers since you KNEW that hat only possible team you might face should you win last night, would be the Patriots. ****head.

It's also the Patriots fault for securing the number 1 seed, being in charge of game scheduling, and most importantly - controlling the weather.... DID I CALL #ICEGATE, OR DID I CALL #ICEGATE?!?!?! o_O

Also, real nice class Tomlin... a head coach in the NFL calling another team ASSHOLES. Stay classy *****es, stay classy. o_O
What's the most popular Steelers fan site?

I'm in the mood to lurk!

Funny no one in the media has thought to wonder how "fair" it is that the Steelers had an extra day to have their advance team working on the Pats since they have known since Saturday that if they win, they know who they are playing. The Pats didn't know until Midnight on Monday morning who they would be playing.
\ " Jeeess Luise, that's not fair"

Of course we know its ALL BS, since Pittsburgh had staff working on the Pats all this week, just like the Pats had people working on both KC and Steelers even while they prepared for Houston. This whole, "day and half" crap is just Tomlin's SOP when dealing with the Pats. He knows how often he's come up so small against the Pats. He knows he isn't in the same league with BB in the X's and O's. He is just trying to create whatever edge he can with his own skill set. Tomlin is a movitating bully, and that's what motivating bully's do. They build themselves up, and diminish their opponent.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Don't be angry at him. Regcongize it for the weakness it shows, and feel good about it. I know I do.

I loathe John Harbaugh, but I've always thought he was a great coach. Mike Tomlin? WTF is this guy doing coaching football? He's like one of the tagalongs in a rap video nodding his head in the background.

If the Steelers don't like all that travelling, maybe they should play better and get a higher seed. If you reversed the seeding of the Pats and Steelers would the Steelers be complaining right now? No way.
I think the Pats might complain to the League Office, not about the lost day due to seeding, but about the lost full day and night due to scheduling...and they would have a right to do so.

But, I know we sure would be complaining loudly out here at being shafted by Goodell.

It's perfectly legitimate, Tomlin is a crybaby who always has an excuse when the Patriots beat them, and Browns video shows him making excuses in advance. I doubt Belichick will use it as motivation but social media being what it is the players will see and hear it anyways. Tough sh.t for them.

100%. And if the players haven't seen it by now, their friends and families and such probably have. That's the risk you take when you post things on social media. Especially when you're a famous football player that's a household name. Oh well, too bad so sad.

Last edited:
He spotted us a day and a half? He is not very quick.

at work so dont want to play this....anyone have a breakdown?
Says everyone in the league is an a-hole and you have to be to succeed. Also that guys don't become coaches by being "nice guys".

Funny no one in the media has thought to wonder how "fair" it is that the Steelers had an extra day to have their advance team working on the Pats since they have known since Saturday that if they win, they know who they are playing. The Pats didn't know until Midnight on Monday morning who they would be playing.
\ " Jeeess Luise, that's not fair"

Of course we know its ALL BS, since Pittsburgh had staff working on the Pats all this week, just like the Pats had people working on both KC and Steelers even while they prepared for Houston. This whole, "day and half" crap is just Tomlin's SOP when dealing with the Pats. He knows how often he's come up so small against the Pats. He knows he isn't in the same league with BB in the X's and O's. He is just trying to create whatever edge he can with his own skill set. Tomlin is a movitating bully, and that's what motivating bully's do. They build themselves up, and diminish their opponent.

I wouldn't expect anything less from him. Don't be angry at him. Regcongize it for the weakness it shows, and feel good about it. I know I do.
I'm going to stick by my guns.
I think it's a fair comment in terms of the wear and tear on players and a full day of rest. I know I'm in a minority, so no need for folks to respond. I just think that we'd be complaining pretty loudly if the League made the Pats play a night game in the elements a full 24 hours after the CG opponent.

Why does Mike Tomlin need an extra day and a half? How much work does it take to draw up plays to go for it on a two point conversion..... Well, for him it make take all week.

he's got to work on his trip play

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back