PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Tomlin: Steelers 'spotted' Patriots a day and half

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's a thug, always been, why the surprise?

This is a complete non-story. Overreacting to stuff like this (calling it "whining", taking a shot at the Steelers/Tomlin's character because of it, etc) is just as bad as it being sensationalized in the first place. As others have said, this was made in a private locker room speech. Good grief.
Telling your team that they are 1.5 days behind in preparation compared to their opponent is ......... a crime against humanity?
How dare a coach state a fact in order to keep his team focused!

I honestly still have no idea whether he's a good coach or not

Best part of all is that one of his main points was not to give the Patriots any bulletin board material - something he just did because one of his players didn't listen.

Anyway, it's normal for guys like Tomlin to get all salty when referring to the Patriots. They have Daddy Issues.

Personally, I'm not ticked off by the excuses because that's their problem of dealing with inferiority, not the Pats'. I'm more agitated by the fact that a coach in the NFL talks like a thug and calls another team assholes. Can you imagine Belichick caught calling another team 'assholes'? It would be all over the evening news.

Those are heavily edited. I've seen some Pats locker room vids that have more content than some others from the same game.

You don't think that coaches know cameras are rolling and players are using their phones to record what's going on?

I'd have more issue with this if he said it at a press conference or something. He is just doing what he feels like he needs to do to pump his team up and get them ready for the game. The real problem is brown's dumbass recording it and posting it on social media.

You don't think that coaches know cameras are rolling and players are using their phones to record what's going on?

I think the coaches know the team edits those vids before posting them for public consumption. I think Tomlin didn't know Brown was broadcasting live on Facebook.

Does this guy ever stop whining, when it comes to playing the Patriots? I see he already has his built in excuse should they lose to the Pats, yet again.

This is a complete non-story. Overreacting to stuff like this (calling it "whining", taking a shot at the Steelers/Tomlin's character because of it, etc) is just as bad as it being sensationalized in the first place. As others have said, this was made in a private locker room speech. Good grief.
True but imagine a pats player or BB doing this. They would be labeled an arrogant jerk.

Personally, I'm not ticked off by the excuses because that's their problem of dealing with inferiority, not the Pats'. I'm more agitated by the fact that a coach in the NFL talks like a thug and calls another team assholes. Can you imagine Belichick caught calling another team 'assholes'? It would be all over the evening news.
You've got to be kidding me. Have you ever heard Rex Ryan talk? That guy swears up a storm. You're upset that a coach called the other teams "assholes"? Are you trying to bet offended or something? No, the media would not have a field day with this, nobody would give a crap because regardless of who says it it's a non-story.

By the way, here's this:

Does that offend you too? I can't wait to hear your excuse about how this is different ("well, uhm... Belichick was provoked! He has the utmost respect for the league and its players. Tomlin said this for no reason! Belichick is a consummate professional, Tomlin is just an arrogant little prick with no respect!")

If you get upset at a coach calling the other team assholes you should probably stop watching football, because that's the tip of the iceberg with things that go on.

Anyway, it's normal for guys like Tomlin to get all salty when referring to the Patriots. They have Daddy Issues.
He was asked in the postgame to talk about the patriots. He said "NO".

You've got to be kidding me. Have you ever heard Rex Ryan talk? That guy swears up a storm. You're upset that a coach called the other teams "assholes"? Are you trying to bet offended or something? No, the media would not have a field day with this, nobody would give a crap because regardless of who says it it's a non-story.

By the way, here's this:

Does that offend you too? I can't wait to hear your excuse about how this is different ("well, uhm... Belichick was provoked! He has the utmost respect for the league and its players. Tomlin said this for no reason! Belichick is a consummate professional, Tomlin is just an arrogant little prick with no respect!")

If you get upset at a coach calling the other team assholes you should probably stop watching football, because that's the tip of the iceberg with things that go on.

Yeah, whatever you say genius. clearly others here agree with my view as evident by the rating on the post. There's a HUGE difference addressing some uncalled for antagonizing comment by some POS on the Ravens, made one on one, and pep-talking your team calling the opponents Assholes for no good reason.

And by the way, Rex Ryan is another piece of ****.

Buzz off.

Last edited:
I think the coaches know the team edits those vids before posting them for public consumption. I think Tomlin didn't know Brown was broadcasting live on Facebook.

Then he isn't paying attention. I actually don't have any problem with what Tomlin said, I'm sure worse things are said routinely, but if he thinks that's a private setting he is as naive as it gets, that locker room has cameras and phones rolling the entire time and any coach should realize that. There's a reason that stuff never comes out of the Patriots and it's because they are aware that it easily could.

Was this called for? You are just as bad as those you are chastising

I apologize, I have changed my closing statement.

Calling what Tomlin said as excuse making is somewhat being blown out of proportion. It only has a little merit because someone like Tomlin might bring it up after a loss but Belichick has said similar things after games as well. You can go though the post game locker room videos and see him mention how the team has less time to prepare and will have to get focused as fast as possible. Tomlin's language was less than ideal for not wanting to provide bulletin board material but what he said wasn't less true. With travel they do have less time to prepare.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes