Mike Pennel Didn’t Have To Be Sold On NE, “Where I Wanted to Be”

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Mike Pennel Didn’t Have To Be Sold On NE, “Where I Wanted to Be”

Steve Balestrieri

“It’s excellent. It’s just a range of guys, and I try to pick something up from everybody,” Pennel said. “(Michael) Bennett, speaks for itself.

Continue reading...

(If you enjoyed this entry - hit the Thumbs Up/If not, hit the Thumbs down in this thread)

If he can just be what we wanted Shelton to be last season, that'll be a big plus for the D-line.

Pennel and Bennett are probably the most underrated pickups of the off season for any team. They will prove huge for our defense.

Really like this signing. He seems like a guy who can not only help the rush D, but can also help get interior pressure on the passer. He looked solid on the inside against Kyle Long, Joel Bitinio, and Joe Thuney last year.

Casual fans think run stops happen by default, sometimes it takes obscenely large talented DT's.

They'll never get the credit they deserve, the Chargers and Chiefs wished they had some when they played us in the playoffs last year.

They wish they had Danny Shelton, consider this.

I always get a Patriots boner when players talk and/or act like they want to be here. Like when Gronk immediately put on a Pats helmet and started trolling the Jets fans when he was drafted. Pennel is on my radar now.

PENN-768x432.png

PFF ain't always accurate but I think we got a pretty damn good under-the-radar signing. At the very least he's better than Malcom Brown. I am very excited to see him perform next season.

Pennel should be with us for at least 2 seasons at decent money, (2.1 and 2.8 millions of salary cap cash)...

Micheal Brown signed with the Saints for more money, (2.5, 6.0 and 6.5 of salary cap cash)...

IMO right now Pennel looks like a typical Patriots signing.. coming out of the darkness that is the NY Jets to the wonderful light of NE.

I always get a Patriots boner when players talk and/or act like they want to be here. Like when Gronk immediately put on a Pats helmet and started trolling the Jets fans when he was drafted. Pennel is on my radar now.
He’d be hard to miss at 6’4 332 :D

Pennel went from the outhouse to the penthouse.

well, if we can lower the yards per rush from 4.9 to say 4.1/4.2 due to the Pennel signing I will be ecstatic

Seems like a smart analytics move bringing in a guy like Pennel.

Pennel definitely was not as much of a high value player before last year. I remember him being more of a low end backup over his career, especially back when he was in Green Bay.

But, he got a shot to get significant playing time late last year for the Jets and produced at a high level. So it does seem like the upside is there. Definitely has much to prove considering he’s never started more than 7 games in s season, though.

Hope it works out. Wouldn’t be the first time Bill pulled a rabbit out of his hat.

After Pennel does well here, the Jets, thinking in Revis mode, will try to get him back at an outrageous price.

If he can just be what we wanted Shelton to be last season, that'll be a big plus for the D-line.
Some of us are still holding out hope that Shelton himself, can end up being what we wanted Shelton to be.

(braces for the disappointment)

Some of us are still holding out hope that Shelton himself, can end up being what we wanted Shelton to be.

(braces for the disappointment)
Shelton was still useful especially after his re activation. If he has more performances like the SB53 even better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes