PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Francesca ANTI PATS bias has hit an all time high

Status
Not open for further replies.
New York sports fans and WFAN fans will really disagree with the header of this post. For the most part, Mike has been a big BB, Patriot, and Brady fan. He often uses this praise to knock down the JETS--and their players and coaching. I don't know what he's been saying lately but in the past he's often praised the PATS to the hilt.

I grew up closer to New York than Boston. My family likes New York teams. I'm half New York half Boston. I'm a big yankee fan, I'm a big WFAN fan too. I listen everyday. Have been since I was in middle school. I even wanted to get into radio. I can tell you from years of listening that Mike doesn't like BB. Brady yes. He praises Brady. But he uses cherry picked facts to try to belittle what they have done

New York sports fans and WFAN fans will really disagree with the header of this post. For the most part, Mike has been a big BB, Patriot, and Brady fan. He often uses this praise to knock down the JETS--and their players and coaching. I don't know what he's been saying lately but in the past he's often praised the PATS to the hilt.

Both comments are true. Had to move her 15 years ago and have listened to sport radio every single day since then. Mike and the Mad Dog were a great listen, blows away anything Boston has to offer. BUT Mad Dog left, which left surly, burnt out, and arrogant Mike unchecked.

When Mike is on his game, he does as good an interview as I have heard from ANYONE. He has the goods, just kinda burnt out now, and he is retiring at the end of next year he announced a few months ago.

As also mentioned above, at times, he is incredibly complimentary of Brady Belichick and the Pats. BUT he can also go off on long harangues deligitimizing them, like his hero that other loud Orange New Yorker.

I think Mike likes to bet large, and that affects his opinions, as the day after the Butler interception, he was deranged with rage on air, it was almost scary, I think he lost a fortune.

His time is past which is why he is retiring, and he is quite full of himself, but you would be doing a disservice to dismiss how vast and deep his knowledge and talents run, and this is from someone that thinks he is a bloviating gasbag.

If his show isn't broadcasted nationally on Sunday. Then I was mis informed

The Miked up show is a national broadcast from 9AM to 11 AM, then the portion after that is localradio until they cut at 1130 or 12, depending on if the Giants are playing a 1 oclock game

Because he's the best in the business. I find his takes on our team entertaining. I laugh but cringe at the same time

Is he really considered best in the business?
He has fallen asleep behind the microphone...mistaken George Karl to be coach of the Jazz...and has been known to be borderline senile at times.
I know he has been at this for a while so maybe people confuse experience with expertise.

Is he really considered best in the business?
He has fallen asleep behind the microphone...mistaken George Karl to be coach of the Jazz...and has been known to be borderline senile at times.
I know he has been at this for a while so maybe people confuse experience with expertise.

I hate to give him any credit, but he was the best in the business yes. Not in the last 3 to 4 years. But hes an old dude now.

What other regional sports talk show host gets broadcasted nationally to talk about regional sports teams

Boomer and Carton on the same station are broadcasted on CBS Sports Network live from 6-10 AM.

Boomer and Carton on the same station are broadcasted on CBS Sports Network live from 6-10 AM.

Thats tv. Mikes radio show on Sunday is broadcasted nationally, on the radio obviously. Completely different.

Thats tv. Mikes radio show on Sunday is broadcasted nationally, on the radio obviously. Completely different.

Ok well you didn't make the distinction. But yes his show is on radio on stations across the country on Sundays.

Ok well you didn't make the distinction. But yes his show is on radio on stations across the country on Sundays.
The point is it's an NFL show broadcasted nationally that isn't supposed to cater to New York sports. That's different than mikes and B plus C radio show which is regional which they happen to put on tv. Those shows are supposed to cater to New York.

Have Francesca and Borges ever been seen together?

Do we really know for a fact that they are not the same person?
I don't think so. Wouldn't that be the signal the Antichrist has taken human form again?

Why are they talking about the pats on NY sports radio?

Why not?

That's the problem with sports radio around here. They act like sports doesn't exist outside of route 495.

At the time, he was correct. He wanted to be the next Jerrah Jones and meddled with the football ops people. It's what drove Parcells away and made the Pete Carroll years unbearable. Little did we know that he would give BB full control and step back.

I disagree with this 100% but I'm not going to get into it at length except to say Parcells' powers were stripped AfTER Kraft got wind of Parcells making moves with his future coaching loyalty the prior year. This is a lengthy sequence of events that isn't Kraft's fault, but Parcells's.

Have Francesca and Borges ever been seen together?

Do we really know for a fact that they are not the same person?

They might be brother sister

Why not?

That's the problem with sports radio around here. They act like sports doesn't exist outside of route 495.

I mean doesn't francesa have anything better to do than to rant about a non-NY football team? Several years ago he stated that pats were "never a dynasty." It's pretty clear he's vindictive against them. I'm not sure if Belichick spurned him when he was a DC of the Giants or something.

I imagine this statement is a joke, but I don't actually know who this guy is, there is no link in the OP. Who is he?

He is a well-known NY sports radio host. Former co-host of Mike and the Mad Dog.

I mean doesn't francesa have anything better to do than to rant about a non-NY football team? Several years ago he stated that pats were "never a dynasty." It's pretty clear he's vindictive against them. I'm not sure if Belichick spurned him when he was a DC of the Giants or something.

I enjoy the tears from the mediots. I gave up a long time ago on the idea that the mediots would treat Belichick or the Pats fairly. It's a nice place to be.

I actually would enjoy sports radio that covers all pro sports nationwide. The local stuff is mostly garbage and even the few things I used to listen to off the archives are changing. I went from listening to Tom Brady being interviewed by professionals to being bombarded by some loud obnoxious jerk. It didn't take long either.

Because he's the best in the business. I find his takes on our team entertaining. I laugh but cringe at the same time
No he's not the best in the business. He's not even close to that and he never has been. He's as ill-informed as anyone could possibly be and he's lazy and fat. He's a collosal dink. Other than that, he's OK, I guess.

They would rather talk about other peoples football than hockey and the Knicks/Nets are awful. I don't know of any NY sports radio that can talk hockey, Michael Kay tried when the Rangers made their cup run a few years ago and had to be corrected a few times.
Pretty sure Kay's cohost Don Lagreca calls Rangers games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes