Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

What do you think of the refs yesterday?

• Incompetent

Votes: 68 48.9%
  • Crooked

Votes: 14 10.1%
  • Incompetent AND crooked

Votes: 55 39.6%
  • Neither. They called the game more-or-less correctly.

Votes: 2 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's something I haven't seen mentioned before. How come a game of this magnitude gets a first year referee? IIRC he has experience as a side judge or umpire but not as a crew chief. I would think that the league would want somebody with experience calling a gmae of this importance..

Last edited:
Prior to the game this NEW crew was assessed as calling the fewest defensive PI and the most offensive PI of any crew in the league through week 8.

So you just knew they were going to be watching Randy because of the media focus on his tendancy to push off. That he played the game accordingly did him no good since they almost pre-emptively took care of him with a phantom call that negated a TD catch. Sucks, but you could almost live with that.

Where things got far too obvious was in the flagging of questionable to phantom defensive PI on NE in the face of not flagging a couple of questionable to blatent defensive PI on Indy.

The NFL is never going to address the discrepancy publicly although they damn well better be privately. Small spread and the first one we didn't beat all season sends up some red flags with uglier undertones than league driven favoritism.

At best, seeing as we won anyway like Pittsburgh in 2005, Perriera will come on Wednesday and do a half assed mea culpa for the Hobbs call full of excuses about how the poor official who threw the hanky saw what he though must be PI from a bad angle that we only see as BS because of replay. He won't address the non calls against the now physical DB's of the GM and HC who drove the train for "increased emphasis" when they didn't have any.

You can't change the flagging of PI to major and minor or DB's will make a mockery of that system. The answer is to make them challengable and subject to replay, period.

You can't change the flagging of PI to major and minor or DB's will make a mockery of that system. The answer is to make them challengable and subject to replay, period.

Yep, make them reviewable.

Good call man.

What a bunch of no good jerks.

I think a lot of it was just incompetence. they weren't all bad calls that went against the Pats, but admittedly, a lot of them were. You definitely have a right to be angry, but I think it's stupid to scream POLIAN OR GOODELL OR DUNGY OR THE GHOST OF CHRISTMAS PAST SCREWED US OVER.

I think Arrr is a tool, but I don't disagree with this completely. I DO think those calls were ALL bad and went against the Pats. The idea that these refs are "on the take," though, is silly.

The replay from behind the play showed Bethea (I think) clearly pinning Moss's right hand down with both of his hands. Moss could only go up with 1 hand. I was real surpised Randy just trotted back without complaining, but it shows how mature he has become.

That seems like what Moss always does - yet another aspect of his game/personality that has been surprising to me. He just goes back to the huddle, very little complaining, no matter what.

I voted incompetent.

Refs have a tendency to go with the home crowd & they have a tendency to cave into Polian's demands and give the Colts receivers the benefit of the doubt. I don't think that's corruption, that's incompetence.

Anyone care to take a gander on whether or not this crew will be officiating the Pittsburg or Giants game?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes