PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike Florio just won't quit...still thinks Gronk gets traded

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dearly need to know the definition of muckled because my first guess at what it meant paints a terrifying picture which makes me assume you had recess at Shawshank Prison.
105314-7306699Fr.jpg
"...Um, somebody looking for me?"

muckled is when all the kids jump the big mouth rich kid and pound his ass into the sidewalk until he stops bragging about how rich his da-da is and how mommy gives him everything he wants. I grew up blue collar...fat big mouth punks didn't really make it in my neighborhood.

BTW, some of the teachers I remember vividly were Sister Mary Murder and Sister Assault &Battery. I got thrown out of school in the 4th grade because I was hyper and already tested out college level. MY dad, a burly state cop, came back to school the next day to talk to the principal, Sister Dominica. She told Dad I was unruly and he asked "did you give him a smack?" She replied "Yes, with no effect" He told her "then give him a few more until he quiets down and behaves". That worked. I was a model student the next two years until...girls. Today Sister D would be doing 10 years for child abuse. So, uh, yeah, I don't like ****in' fat mouth twerps like Bedard.
That comment stirred memories when I taught in Dorchester to inner city 8th graders. Whenever 2 kids went at it or were on the verge of fighting; I would take them down to the basement, strap 2 pairs of 16-ounce gloves on them and let them wail away on each other. By the end of the first round, they were so tired they were suddenly best friends and begging to stop. When it was real hatred it took 2 rounds. ;) I wonder how that would play out with today's Millenials and their helicopter parents (or my principal for that matter). But back in the day the watchword was "whatever worked". In the end, we did some great stuff that wouldn't be allowed now.

It's a tough call for me not subscribing. I love MacAdam and Price and really appreciate Robb's and Miguel's stuff. Hell, I'd gladly pay $5 a month just to read MacAdam but I just can't stomach the thought of putting one dime in Bedard's pocket which sucks because there was a time when he was a decent read. That was before he became 'Greg Bedard, Sports Media Personality'

He's been ok at BSJ. The site's content has definitely been worth the price of admission to me. I haven't listened to any of the sports shows since Holley left and now only look to Patsfans and BSJ as my sport sources.

I'll give the devil his due, Bedards breakdowns were decent but as you pointed out it's hardly a unique talent. Chatham shines because he's given a good opportunity to do it. I find Troy Brown and Steve DeOssie to be pretty good as well but their environments seldom afford them the uninterrupted time to really shine.

I love Chatham's breakdowns. I can't comment objectively on Troy Brown though. I see him through "All time Great f'ing Patriot" goggles.

That comment stirred memories when I taught in Dorchester to inner city 8th graders. Whenever 2 kids went at it or were on the verge of fighting; I would take them down to the basement, strap 2 pairs of 16-ounce gloves on them and let them wail away on each other. By the end of the first round, they were so tired they were suddenly best friends and begging to stop. When it was real hatred it took 2 rounds. ;) I wonder how that would play out with today's Millenials and their helicopter parents (or my principal for that matter). But back in the day the watchword was "whatever worked". In the end, we did some great stuff that wouldn't be allowed now.

"Helicopter parents"? I'm triggered. :D

I love Chatham's breakdowns. I can't comment objectively on Troy Brown though. I see him through "All time Great f'ing Patriot" goggles.

Have I mentioned how much I appreciate your excellent taste in avatars?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back