PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mike:Of the 4 teams left, the offense that scares you the least is _____?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except that that's not even true anymore because Brady has been launching it deep all year. Do these guys even watch the games...?
I think if you are a defense, you want brady to throw deep and take chances of one or two being taken away or the percentages of completions being low vs him completing 7-10 yards regularly to edelman underneath. This has nothing to do with brady's ability. But watching the houston game, those deep balls were much harder because of short undersized WRs. If we had one or two big guys like dez bryant or julio jones, it would virtually impossible to stop.

Stats that matter

1) The 3 teams not named NE Patriots combined to lose 16 games...an average of 5.33 losses / team.
2) NE lost 2 games (1 with Brady)
3) The 3 teams not named NE Patriots gave up 327 (Pitt), 388 (GB), and 406 (Atl) points in the regular season....an average of 373.67 pts / team.
4) NE gave up 250 pts

My conclusion:
NE knows how to win better than any team left
NE will make enough defensive stops to insure victory

3NEMJC.gif

"Good answer... I like the way you think." :)

Not getting the hate for Ryan Clark. You may disagree with him, but his position is defensible. Regardless, he's a very good analyst and always a fun listen.

Its really about superstar playmakers which makes these questions go. Without gronk which pats WR you would take over antonio brown or julio jones ? Maybe edelman. Same with running back - bell or blount.

This is the #1 reason why if the team plays to it's full potential they win the SB.
Agree, this is the key, if the Pats can play like the Pats (meaning like they usually play), they can be close to unstoppable. I would assume coming off a subpar offensive performance (yet scoring 27 points vs the #1 defense), and disrespect given by the media and Steelers, the Pats won't repeat the "subpar" performance of Sunday. I expect the Pats to play a great game. It doesn't guarantee a win, but I expect them to be firing on all pistons.

Their basis is 'does Julio Jones scare you, or does Chris Hogan scare you.
Who are you afraid of is the stupidest sports analysis ever invented.

0 games in the history of professional football have been decided by fear.
Skill position players are not what wins games, unless the game is fantasy football.

What you have is that the Patriots have been built in a way that doesn't excite people with flashy players.
But they score more points, they allow less, and they win.

Which offense are you concerned you will lose to is a better question, and there is only one answer.

Actually, that's exactly why Chris Hogan SHOULD scare these clowns more than Julio Jones.

You can always scheme to take these "scary" players our or neutralize them.

The next question is..........then what?

Not exactly sure which one of these other teams have a 3rd or 4th defender to win that battle.

Maybe that's why they are sitting in a studio with a massively declining audience.

Ya, I wouldn't take offense no matter what the consensus indicates is the best offense.

I mean, let's be real, all four offenses still remaining are pretty scary. It's like debating which of four supermodels looks the ugliest.......one will get offended but really they shouldn't........they are all hot.

My biased opinion says everyone should fear the Pats, but I get it. Julian Edelman is not Julio Jones or (a healthy) Jordy Nelson or Antonio Brown.

These games aren't won or lost on paper though, so let's relax and not get offended.

I'd like to see BB pull a 2004 squad and hold the best offense to 3 and lay 41 on the best defense, to where the rankings/reputation going into the games is completely meaningless.

Sadly, Mike & Mike are far from the only mediots dissing the Pats or selling them short

smh

Mini-rat has been galactically wrong every time he predicts a Pats demise. 2014: "Brady is done" "Pats won't make the playoffs" "Pats won't beat the Ravens" "OK I was wrong about the Pats getting to the SB but the Pats won't win the SB" :eek::eek:

He's all Bait and no Bite.

Actually, that's exactly why Chris Hogan SHOULD scare these clowns more than Julio Jones.

You can always scheme to take these "scary" players our or neutralize them.

The next question is..........then what?

Not exactly sure which one of these other teams have a 3rd or 4th defender to win that battle.

Maybe that's why they are sitting in a studio with a massively declining audience.

That is exactly what Belichick the GM is striving for. I dont know of any other team that spends as much cap space up and down throughout its depth chart. It really makes for the kind of mismatches you mentioned, that make footbapl woth watching!

Its an interesting debate .A lot of pats fan point to Pitts lack of TDs last week. But if you just compare skill position players ON PAPER it becomes debatable which offense is the least scary.

Don't call it the least scary. Call it "Worst Fantasy Football Team." Because that's all they're doing, playing fantasy football.

Actual NFL offenses are about way more than just big names. They're about OL and protection schemes and patterns and game plans and play calling and reading defenses and much, much more than anything that's being discussed by those clowns.

We have the Worst Fantasy Football team. I accept that. But if you think this is the least scary offense, you know nothing about football.

My only response to the thread is to say that compared to Julio Jones. almost all the other this-weekend stars seem manageable. I swear this guy is from some other universe--so yes scary.

Well, without Gronk, our offense is probably 3rd best behind atlanta and GB. Our offense is terrific but atlanta and GB offense are playing lights out right now. I would put us ahead of pittsburgh though.

BTW, defense wins championships.

we run better than GB, and the backs receiving out of the backfield are darned good

Brady > Rogers

with their injuries, even without Gronk, not sure this statement holds water

NE has the best defense, and the #2 offense left

ATL is balanced on offense and can put up points.....that's scary, but their D isn't

GB has the mojo, and AR - a little scary

Pitt has scary potential on offense, and the best single RB left......but they also have Ben throwing the ball....on the road, and at this stage of his career, he's the 4th best QB left playing

Mike & Mike fail

The Patriots offense not having a great game against the Texan was the best thing happened. It is a good thing that some of guys in the media are picking against them.

In many people's silly opinion,

Teams marching up and down the field 8 yards at a time beat the hell out of you while seldom scaring you.
Teams busting long plays once in awhile scare the hell out of you but seldom beat you.

I'd rather win than impress by amazing & rare feats.

Effective is better than scary.

Last edited:
Julio Jones is badass.....Antonio Brown isn't far behind

but hasn't the NFL of recent years kind of dispelled the shiny hood-ornament, superstar WR = success mythology?

nice to have, but it's about the group as a whole.......pat's WR core/passing offense is scarier than Pitt's even if Pitt wins at the top end, period

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes