PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mike:Of the 4 teams left, the offense that scares you the least is _____?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score

Its an interesting debate .A lot of pats fan point to Pitts lack of TDs last week. But if you just compare skill position players ON PAPER it becomes debatable which offense is the least scary.

Well, without Gronk, our offense is probably 3rd best behind atlanta and GB. NE's offense is terrific but atlanta and GB offense are playing lights out right now. I would put us ahead of pittsburgh though.

BTW, defense wins championships.

Last edited:
They're not wrong. I just don't think "scary" matters. The biggest problem with the Steelers and Packers recently is that they're too reliant on the "scary" plays and not consistently good.

Their basis is 'does Julio Jones scare you, or does Chris Hogan scare you.
Who are you afraid of is the stupidest sports analysis ever invented.

0 games in the history of professional football have been decided by fear.
Skill position players are not what wins games, unless the game is fantasy football.

What you have is that the Patriots have been built in a way that doesn't excite people with flashy players.
But they score more points, they allow less, and they win.

Which offense are you concerned you will lose to is a better question, and there is only one answer.

they havent seen Psycho Tom yet, now thats "scary" ;)

OMG - are we REALLY reacting to something Mike & Mike are saying? :rolleyes: How pitiful are we!

BTW- When are we going to learn that to the mediots NAMES matter, not teams. To begin with the Pats had only 2 big names, and Gronk has been gone for half the year. How are we going to compete with all the other teams. We have only one B, not 3. And its not much different on defense.

At some point, the mediots are going to get it. Someone is finally going to recognize that with the Pats, the sum is always greater than the inidividual parts. Other teams will have more all pros, stat leaders, and hype. What's amazing is that the mediots seem to recognize that the Pats are an elite team, yet FAIL to understand how they got they way.

I don't care who says what. I've watched all of these teams' offenses this year & there ain't no way in hell PIT or GBs offense is better than ours. Maybe ATL an argument can be made for, but we have great balance and we're also deep at all positions besides TE. Plus, we play great complimentary football, meaning our DEF & ST assist the OFF in being deadly. However, I'll take a doubted, pissed & focused Brady OFF 1 game away from the SB (@ home) over ANY OFF!

Well, it makes sense that Ryan Clark thinks the Pats offense is no longer scary. He's no longer out there for them to torch every other play.

OMG - are we REALLY reacting to something Mike & Mike are saying? :rolleyes: How pitiful are we!

BTW- When are we going to learn that to the mediots NAMES matter, not teams. To begin with the Pats had only 2 big names, and Gronk has been gone for half the year. How are we going to compete with all the other teams. We have only one B, not 3. And its not much different on defense.

At some point, the mediots are going to get it. Someone is finally going to recognize that with the Pats, the sum is always greater than the inidividual parts. Other teams will have more all pros, stat leaders, and hype. What's amazing is that the mediots seem to recognize that the Pats are an elite team, yet FAIL to understand how they got they way.
They asked Trent Dilfer the same question and he said New England kills you one paper cut at a time. He said all of a sudden your defense looks down and realizes it is dying in a pool of blood.

I REALLY like the media and everyone else disrespecting the Pats. And I hope the team is hearing all of it. Offensively, the Pats played like crap, yet it was against the #1 defense, and even in a poor performance, the offense scored 27. So every time the offense faces the #1 defense, they score at least 27 points (scored 40+ against Baltimore when THEY were the #1 defense). Guess what, the Pats have the highest rated defense left.

The problem is that we have only seen these offenses play against bad defenses. Even the seahawks have been fairly crappie. Patriots just played a very good defense. Last impressions.

Sadly, Mike & Mike are far from the only mediots dissing the Pats or selling them short

smh ... next level trolling

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill