PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mike and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody deleted my original post so lets try again.
Debating him is useless. Easy way to elevate the coversation- debate a brick wall.
You're the one to talk.
The draft is there to improve the team not get players.
Oh, really? :rolleyes:
Will someone explain how in 2007, a 2nd and 4th were not a good deal for Moss and Welker? Still you see people talk about how the Pats got nobody in 2007.
I excluded 2007. You might want to re-read my original post.
BB is smart for not drafting if the value is there. Stockpiling picks in the early years means more players drafted when your core guys come to their end. It's amazing how we have so many picks at the exact time the team needed to be turned over.
Dumbest comment ever. News flash....the Pats started losing core players in 2005. In the last five years their still trying to replace Seymour, Harrison, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, McGinest, Law, Samuel, Vrabel, and you can even add Colvin in the mix. The Pats could've started to try to replace these guys slowly but waited until 2008. Now they're scrambling to find the answer with these last two drafts.
Look at the Steelers' defense. Almost all the starters are well north of 30. Try replacing that over two years.
And the Pats have? You might be the biggest homer on this board.

Last edited:
Somebody deleted my original post so lets try again.

You're the one to talk.

Oh, really? :rolleyes:

I excluded 2007. You might want to re-read my original post.

Dumbest comment ever. News flash....the Pats started losing core players in 2005. In the last five years their still trying to replace Seymour, Harrison, Bruschi, Ted Johnson, McGinest, Law, Samuel, Vrabel, and you can even add Colvin in the mix. The Pats could've started to try to replace these guys slowly but waited until 2008. Now they're scrambling to find the answer with these last two drafts.

And the Pats have? You might be the biggest homer on this board.

Yup Brick wall, poop pile, asbestos, ebola virus all would make a more intriguing debate partner.

Let's see, Butler, McCourty, Bodden.....Merriweather, Sanders, Chung.....Cunningham, McKenzie, Banta-Cain, Mayo, Spikes.....

Mey, Slo seems to think we are suiting up like 15 guys per game or faults the team for not replacing Seymour,Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, and Colvin in 2005/6.

Let's see, Butler, McCourty, Bodden.....Merriweather, Sanders, Chung.....Cunningham, McKenzie, Banta-Cain, Mayo, Spikes.....
Yeah, they're all studs. No question marks on defense is there? :rolleyes:
Mey, Slo seems to think we are suiting up like 15 guys per game or faults the team for not replacing Seymour,Vrabel, Bruschi, Harrison, and Colvin in 2005/6.
You're an idiot.

Please stop watching football.

Last edited:
Yup Brick wall, poop pile, asbestos, ebola virus all would make a more intriguing debate partner.

Mey, Slo? Was that a serious attempt at an insult?

By the way, which drafts have I bashed, pfip? Please be specific and cite examples of my posts in which I have openly bashed a Pats draft (i.e. - quote them). You never did answer my question in that other thread some time ago.

Mey, Slo? Was that a serious attempt at an insult?

By the way, which drafts have I bashed, pfip? Please be specific and cite examples of my posts in which I have openly bashed a Pats draft (i.e. - quote them). You never did answer my question in that other thread some time ago.
She is attacking me, not you.

Last edited:
I stand corrected, then.

In the meantime, those three losses -- Houston, Indy and Miami -- do show that two of those three had 4th quarter defensive meltdowns or being outfoxed strategically.

The Miami game was only 3 points in the 4th put up by the Fins.

In sum, the D couldn't hold in the 4th quarter of 2 of those losses. The O pooped away the game against Miami in the 4th.

The 2009 Patriots HAD THE LEAD entering the 4th quarter in 4 of their 6 losses (Denver, Indy, Miami, Houston). That is just plain pathetic and very uncharacteristic of a BB team.

Coaching and poor strategy.

No! Youth, inexperience and obvious holes at RDE, SOLB SS, slot CB.

Only SOLB applies now... maybe.

Not to complain, but how to the Jets not play the Colts at all this season? They went to the AFC championship vs the Colts, they should play the colts once this year.

She is attacking me, not you.

I really don't care. Whoever it is said that all I do is trash the Pats drafts a while back and when I called him/her/it on their trash, they never got back to me. I want my evidence.

Not to complain, but how to the Jets not play the Colts at all this season? They went to the AFC championship vs the Colts, they should play the colts once this year.

Schedule is based upon the regular season

Mike and Mike just previewed the Pats. They were not very impressed with our club. Greenberg has us at 8-8 and Golic at 9-6. Greenberg said he thinks that Belichick is the best coach in the NFL but year after year he stockpiles picks and never makes any high picks and wonders if he doesn't know what he is doing. They are drinking the Dolphins and Jets koolaid (Greenberg is obviously a Jets fan) and said that those 2 teams are definitely moving up and that someone therefore has to fall and it is the Pats.

Don't waste your time with those boring hacks. There are shows that are much better.

They play the AFC South team that finished in the same place in the division as them...Colts and Patriots were the division winners so they get stuck playing together. Jesters got stuck with the Texans.

It's not exactly a 1 for 1 analogy, but I get a similar feeling to what happened in 2006. 2004 we had a horse in Dillon and he carried the running game. He wasn't the same in 2005 but the tandem was still solid. Once Maroney had to be the feature guy, it just stopped being as effective. I still have faith in our running game overall, but I wouldn't classify it as a weapon anymore, like it was when Dillon was the stud.

Same thing for the Jets here. They've lost the stud, and they're HOPING that a guy who's only shown good things in limited action can make that leap forward to feature back. But for every Michael Turner, there's a Laurence Maroney. Some guys just aren't meant to tote the rock 20+ times a game.
Imagine Sanchez at QB and LT at RB if Greene is ineffective or injured. That could be the worst offense the NFL has seen in 10 years.

Just food for thought, Sanchez does happen to practice against the reigning #1 defense in the league. What he sees on sundays should be a tad easier to digest.
No he doesnt, because Revis isnt there.
The corners he is facing in practice could be the weakest in the AFC.

Cromartie is a "lockdown" CB to those delusional rejects.

Cromartie is a "lockdown" CB to those delusional rejects.
Thats because he hasn't been on the field for them yet. By week 4 they will feel the same about him as the Chargers fans who cheered his departure.
With Revis out, their best corner is the rookie we passed on to take McCourty. Anyone want to guess at the tone of this board if McCourty was pencilled in as our best corner right now?

Cromartie has been the best defensive player in camp. I look forward to posting this quote mid season. ;)

Cromartie has been the best defensive player in camp. I look forward to posting this quote mid season. ;)

Wilfork would be a best CB in camp with Sanchez the QB.

Only a Jets fan could think that makes sense and actually means something.

Given that Revis is holding out that doesn't...err...mean very much, now does it?

Imagine Sanchez at QB and LT at RB if Greene is ineffective or injured. That could be the worst offense the NFL has seen in 10 years.

Add a rookie LG from a small school converting from tackle, in place of a great multi-time probowl, run-blocking guard......

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes