PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mike and the Pats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I've been waiting all season to bump this back up and I think now is a good time since it's Jets week and also since the Pats have already surpassed the predicted win total.

Mike Greenberg also predicted the 49ers to go 12-4.

Last edited:
Mike Greenberg also predicted the 49ers to go 12-4.

He was even sticking by them after about 8 weeks int othe season as well. their stuff is fairly harmless and the yrarely state opinions too strongly, but atlest they talk sports and key in on football more than any other sport.

I watch the show every morning and love when Greenberg has to eat crow as it relates to the Pats / Jets. They'll be doing their show from Gillette on Monday, so it should be an interesting show to watch / listen to.

Hey guys, I'm a long time reader, first time poster. I've been waiting all season to bump this back up and I think now is a good time since it's Jets week and also since the Pats have already surpassed the predicted win total.

Let's all take a look back and listen to this gem by a Pats hater/Jets fan:

ESPN Radio

It's not just the prediction that bugs me, it's the way he said it, with his comments dripping with arrogance/haughty attitude.

Well Mr Greenberg, we're waiting...:D
Very nice digging this up. I'm impressed with Golic, he says that the pats will have a winning record but goes farther and says he wouldn't doubt if they went 12-4. He didn't buy into greenys everyone improved but the pats.

Last edited:
I find it ridiculous how people love to jump on the media over predictions. Who cares if they think the Pats won't win, if they have a reasonable logic behind it (not just hate). It would be truly ridiculous if everyone picked the Pats. It is almost guaranted that the vast majority of predictions will be wrong no matter who they pick, the NFL isn't that predictable.

Greenberg today was talking about how smart Belichick and the Patriots are and how much grudging admiration he has for them (he used those exact words). He played the clip of Brady repeating Belichick's statement about how "we haven't won anything yet, the season starts at Thanksgiving."

If we beat the Jets Greenie will make excuses for them Tuesday, say the Pats are not proven, and predict the Jets still win the division. He is always anti Patriots.

If we beat the Jets Greenie will make excuses for them Tuesday, say the Pats are not proven, and predict the Jets still win the division. He is always anti Patriots.

Some Jets fans are already are already conceding this one, they're talking about how the NFL will find a way to screw them out of the W :lol2:

Isnt the guy a jets fan?Off course he will be anti-patriot.I hope the pats come through on monday.I cant stand listening to sports radio in nyc if the jets win.It will be nauseating.

Last edited:
Thing is a lot of folks made these same kinds of predictions for both teams. I seem to remember a lot of pre-season Power Rankings having the Pats outside of top ten, and Jets in the top five at least.

Which is why I'm amused that Rex is playing it up like his team his some major underdog. I mean, they filled up their team with all these all-stars while the Pats added a bunch of rookies -- and that was before they dismantled their offense once the season started. :rolleyes:

Those guys do a national show that is a forum for espn personalities (some good, some not so good), mixed in w/some light comedy and generic sports talk. And for that, I actually think they're pretty good. Greenberg doesn't hide his Jets' fandom, and doesn't come across like a jerk about it. As for predictions, I think they're they first to say they suck at them. So, I think they're actually OK.

That's worth a +1.

I understand the hatred for Greeny since he's pro-Jesters, but it doesn't bother me. One thing we should keep in mind is that these guys aren't really journalists, like people like Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly aren't really journalists either.

That's worth a +1.

I understand the hatred for Greeny since he's pro-Jesters, but it doesn't bother me. One thing we should keep in mind is that these guys aren't really journalists, like people like Keith Olbermann and Bill O'Reilly aren't really journalists either.

Yah, I don't think that moonbat Olberperson or The Mick even claim to be journos, they're commentators, a different breed.

Last edited:
Thing is a lot of folks made these same kinds of predictions for both teams. I seem to remember a lot of pre-season Power Rankings having the Pats outside of top ten, and Jets in the top five at least.

Which is why I'm amused that Rex is playing it up like his team his some major underdog. I mean, they filled up their team with all these all-stars while the Pats added a bunch of rookies -- and that was before they dismantled their offense once the season started. :rolleyes:

Well, Rex being Rex, I will not be surprised even if he declares that the sun rises in the west if that is going to spark his players a bit. :)

I have begun to enjoy his quips on twitter and the comical parts of his PCs which are ferquently brash/brazen.

Looking forward for a great game on Monday in which we beat the cra*p out of the Jesters. :)

The Mikes have been talking it up all week that this Monday they will be doing their show from Foxboro. Wonder how many Pats fans will be in that audience, and how they will treat Greeny? Could make the LeBron returning to Cleveland thing seem tame.

(Just kidding, no death threats, please.)

for the jets and their fans, my prediction????

pain

rocky3.png

Those guys do a national show that is a forum for espn personalities (some good, some not so good), mixed in w/some light comedy and generic sports talk. And for that, I actually think they're pretty good. Greenberg doesn't hide his Jets' fandom, and doesn't come across like a jerk about it. As for predictions, I think they're they first to say they suck at them. So, I think they're actually OK.

I love listening to Mike and Mike. They are by far the best national sports show out there.

Yes, Greeny is a Jets fan but he's also a very balanced, thoughtful person. For example, he has long proclaimed that BB is the best coach in football (obviously not much of a stretch). He often acknowledges he's going to be wrong even before he makes his picks! His record on picking which team wins this year (against the spread) is just terrible (I think he was like 3-11 at one point) but who really cares? His analysis is pretty even-handed and he doesn't (often) take a position just to have something to talk about.

Golic is also a pleasure to listen to most of the time.

That's ridiculous and the opposite is closer to the truth.

He got banned because his thick skin finally wore off and he went the way of the troll. I was surprised too. He said one time that he posted mostly from work and I, in turn, asked him how he was allowed to post from work because I didn't think that McDonald's gave their employees access to the internet. Instead of getting pissed, he made a crack about the economy and doing what he needed to do. It was good stuff.
I remember you two going at it, but it was nothing to get banned over.

Always fun to bump this one.

Oh, of course. It's more fun than riding a roller coaster WHILE getting a B.J. from Carmen Electra at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo on the Rich Eisen Show From 5/2/24
Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes