PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mad Dog blasted Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Reality said:
I never take Patriots fans who complain about officiating seriously. The Pats have been getting all of the calls since around 2000 maybe even sooner. I can think of plenty of calls right off the top of my head that went in NE's favor and were just plain awful. Now it happens to the Pats and WAHH, WAHH, WAHH. Get over it. I think every great team needs some things to happen that are beyond their control. It's part of football. The Patriots are no different and if I were a ref in that game, Id have thrown the flag on the Samuel play also. This dynasty started on a bad call (Tuck rule, it was the right call because it was added to the rule book in the offseason. Even Gino and Gil were saying it was a great run but now it's over while that play was under review. Many people don't know that becuase they were watching the game and not stuck in their cars like me), it's only fitting that it ends on one.

Mr Reality? All I have to say is 1972.

Mike and the Mad Dog???

Huh...????

Oh wait.....

you mean Fatso and Fruit Loops....I get it now

they still on the air?

amazing

ilduce06410 said:
last time i heard, those two were the mouthpiece for parcells.
with the tuck rule, i believe we do not have the right to compain about a referee's call. or two.
IMHO the dvd shows the ref on the sideline was correct (no call at all), and the fact that he wes overruled by another ref 15 yards away is really significant. a crew shouldn't work like that.
IMHO with the tuck rule, we should have two more of those happen IN A CRUCIAL GAME before we have the cosmic right to complain. about anything.
i'll take what we got and be happy.

:confused: The play was reviewed and has since been determined to be the correct call. That same call has been made in atleast 2 other games that I have watched since then.

Here we go again ...

mgcolby said:
:confused: The play was reviewed and has since been determined to be the correct call. That same call has been made in atleast 2 other games that I have watched since then.

with the tuck rule....it is legal...it was legal....has been used a TON of times since the Pats beat the raiders.......and lastly...I have reviewed that tape many many many times.....and Brady's arm is going slightly forward..with a receiver in front of him for the dump off.........that is all that is needed to know....no one knows the intention except the QB!!!!

BB performance was a disgrace. Be a man, answer the questions, quit your dour whining about the refs and congradulate the other team. Guess Mumbles can only be personable and respectful in victory. Great example to set.

ClosingTime said:
Guess Mumbles can only be personable and respectful in victory. Great example to set.
As I said on a Browns board where they were slamming him, I want a coach who looks like his life ended due to a playoff loss. Screw the Dungys who'll smile and put a pretty picture on it. The season's over, the coach and the players should show it. Seeing Belichick's reaction and Branch in tears after the game remind us that winning the game, not just making the big bucks, is still important.

which call?

mgcolby said:
sorry, my brain isn't functioning well at all. do you mean the tuck rule call was reviewd, or that the interference call has already been reviewed?

So you like the condescending in victory and pouting in defeat, eh?
Oh and with regards to Branch, I was considering using that as my avatar here since so many used the Hines pic from last year and trashed him for it. You guys know who you are.

ClosingTime said:
Oh and with regards to Branch, I was considering using that as my avatar here since so many used the Hines pic from last year and trashed him for it. You guys know who you are.
I know I wasn't one of them. I actually admired Ward, it showed he cared - as opposed to shrugging and going home to his mansion in his mercedes.

I didn't think you were. I also admire that from players, which is why the multiple threads mocking Ward last year pissed me off. Not here to rub salt in the wounds, (I'm really not) so I decided against using it as my avatar.
Bellichick does need an attitude adjustment however. Contrast his responses with those of Cowher (yes he does have his own deficiencies as a coach) regarding the officiating and it should be pretty clear how a head coach should act in regards to officiating.

absolutely

stcjones said:
with the tuck rule....it is legal...it was legal....has been used a TON of times since the Pats beat the raiders.......and lastly...I have reviewed that tape many many many times.....and Brady's arm is going slightly forward..with a receiver in front of him for the dump off.........that is all that is needed to know....no one knows the intention except the QB!!!!
i've watched it many times and looked at the rule, and it was a correct call. but that doesn't make it any less outrageous.
i suspect a few pass rushers have got hold of a QB in exactly that situation. but i have never seen that call before and it may never be called again. maybe it'm using the wrong word. "spectacular"? "unforgettable"? "courageous"?
it was the right call, no doubt. but i hope you agree that it was a highly unusual, perhaps one-of-a-kind call, made deep in the 4th quarter of a playoff game. IMO, maybe nobody else's, the gods smiled on us that night.
the ref made the call right away. i hope i would have the cojones to do that.

he made that call knowing it was unusual, it would affect the game, it would set off a firestorm, and there was a chance that the league would't back him. no hesitation. i don't know his name, but when i think of the tuck rule call i always think of that official.
maybe i'm just being melodramatic.
somebody tell me to chill out.

BelichickFan said:
As I said on a Browns board where they were slamming him, I want a coach who looks like his life ended due to a playoff loss. Screw the Dungys who'll smile and put a pretty picture on it. The season's over, the coach and the players should show it. Seeing Belichick's reaction and Branch in tears after the game remind us that winning the game, not just making the big bucks, is still important.

Browns fans are slamming him now?? He has been gone for almost 11 years and people are still crying over the evils he perpetuated upon their team? I know we occasionally talk about the Tuna or Pete Carroll, but none of us are bellyaching about what could have or should have been..... Life must be pretty good in Cleveland if all these people have to complain about is a former HC of the CB.......

I was very upset when the game was over on Saturday and if BB had been smiling or making jokes at his PC that would have pushed me over the edge! I don't want to see him smiling unless he is holding a Lombardi Trophy!!

There's a big difference between being cheerful and acting like a spoiled brat.

ClosingTime said:
There's a big difference between being cheerful and acting like a spoiled brat.

I'm confused here...... Everyone gets on him because he never shows emotion, blah blah blah. But when he does show that he is human and that he is upset over losing, that makes him a spoiled brat?

Let me guess, you are the type of fan that says, "Oh well chaps, my team lost. How about a spot of tea?" Please....I am sure you are pounding your fists and yelling obscenities at the player whose name you are wearing on your back. Now THAT is a spoiled brat.

Just curious, but why aren't you on your team's board?

Yeah, everyone I know, Don't feed the trolls....

Displaying emotion is fine, but coming out complaining about officiating, saying things like, "the better team didn't win" is being a spoiled brat from a head coach. Fans, and even players to a degree, can react however they want. Head Coaches are supposed to represent the organization, be respectful of the other team and the game in general and not to cry over spilt milk.
Just say "We turned the ball over too many times, they captialized on those mistakes" and shut the hell up.
Oh and I am my team's board. Luckily I have a job where I can surf the Web all day.

Last edited:
PatsFanInEaglesLand said:
Once again just for you troll the call was wrong in the first place. It should of never came to instant replay, the correct call should of been roughing the passer blow to the helmet 15 yard penalty, end of story! Go get lost to the Gus Ferotte fan club, or go sit in one of the empty seats at dolphins stadium.

I'd have to see the replay but many roughing the passer calls we have seen lately are very questionable. The bottom line is Brady just did something very un Brady like. He threw a crucial pick at the goal line. That was the most important and most preventable part of the entire play. I still can't believe there are Pats fans in exsistance who can't admit they've had lots of things go their way to get where they are. I think it's obvious and I also think many GREAT teams can say the same thing.

As far as the empty seats at Dolphins stadium go, well don't get so high and mighty on me about filling seats after 3 of 4 Super Bowl wins. I've walked up to the window at the old Foxboro stadium and bought tickets many times before the bandwagoners came pouring in. Also, I'm not a troll and I'm glad I finally found a Pats board. There are plenty of Pats fans, Jets fans and Bills fans on Finheaven that share their objective opinions. Sometimes it's nice to hear the opinion of someone who is wearing aqua and oranage glasses or in your cases red, white and blue ones.

For the record the Gus Frerotte led Dolphins only had 2 less wins than the great Dynasty you guys love. What's that say. Or should I say, what excuses contributed to that???

ClosingTime said:
Displaying emotion is fine, but coming out complaining about officiating, saying things like, "the better team didn't win" is being a spoiled brat from a head coach. Fans, and even players to a degree, can react however they want. Head Coaches are supposed to represent the organization, be respectful of the other team and the game in general and not to cry over spilt milk.
Just say "We turned the ball over too many times, they captialized on those mistakes" and shut the hell up.
Oh and I am my team's board. Luckily I have a job where I can surf the Web all day.

And luckily you have no life.

PS...BB never said that "the better team didn't win", but nice job twisting words!

Mr Reality said:
I'd have to see the replay but many roughing the passer calls we have seen lately are very questionable. The bottom line is Brady just did something very un Brady like. He threw a crucial pick at the goal line. That was the most important and most preventable part of the entire play. I still can't believe there are Pats fans in exsistance who can't admit they've had lots of things go their way to get where they are. I think it's obvious and I also think many GREAT teams can say the same thing.

As far as the empty seats at Dolphins stadium go, well don't get so high and mighty on me about filling seats after 3 of 4 Super Bowl wins. I've walked up to the window at the old Foxboro stadium and bought tickets many times before the bandwagoners came pouring in. Also, I'm not a troll and I'm glad I finally found a Pats board. There are plenty of Pats fans, Jets fans and Bills fans on Finheaven that share their objective opinions. Sometimes it's nice to hear the opinion of someone who is wearing aqua and oranage glasses or in your cases red, white and blue ones.

For the record the Gus Frerotte led Dolphins only had 2 less wins than the great Dynasty you guys love. What's that say. Or should I say, what excuses contributed to that???

Two words: Nick Saban.... I lived in South Florida in Coral Springs for two years, 2001-2003 and there were plenty of games including playoff games that were blacked out because Joe Robbie, Pro-Player, Your Name Here Staduim was not sold out. If memory serves, the last time a Patriots game was blacked out would have been in the early '90s before Tuna and Bledsoe.

Mr Reality said:

Our "great Dynasty you guys love" set every major winning streak record in NFL history!

Most consecutive regular season wins with 18.
Most consecutive post season wins with 10.
Most consecutive wins with 21.

During the 2003 season they were 10-0 against teams with 10 or more wins, which had never been done before!

That team also holds the distinction of having the most missed games by starters of any SB winner, and nearly doubled the runner up!

During the 2004 post season, the combined wins of all the Patriots opponents (Colts, Steelers and Eagles) was the highest number any SB winner ever faced in it's path to SB victory, making it arguably the toughest path any SB winner has faced on its way to SB glory.

So while the Gus ferotte led Dolphins had only two less wins then this years injury plagued Pats, that in no way diminishes the accomplishment of this team.

Let us also not forget that there week 17 victory against the Pats was due in large part to the Pats playing there second string for the overwhelming majority of the game. And the Pats still only lost by 2 (a missed 2 point conversion on the games last play)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye