PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mike and Mad Dog blasted Belichick

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mr Reality said:
For the record the Gus Frerotte led Dolphins only had 2 less wins than the great Dynasty you guys love. What's that say. Or should I say, what excuses contributed to that???

Next year the Dolphins won't be playing a last place schedule and the Patriots probably won't have 45+ different players starting. You will own second place for the foreseable future, only because the Bills and Jets suk. :D

sarge said:
Our "great Dynasty you guys love" set every major winning streak record in NFL history!

Most consecutive regular season wins with 18.
Most consecutive post season wins with 10.
Most consecutive wins with 21.

During the 2003 season they were 10-0 against teams with 10 or more wins, which had never been done before!

That team also holds the distinction of having the most missed games by starters of any SB winner, and nearly doubled the runner up!

During the 2004 post season, the combined wins of all the Patriots opponents (Colts, Steelers and Eagles) was the highest number any SB winner ever faced in it's path to SB victory, making it arguably the toughest path any SB winner has faced on its way to SB glory.

So while the Gus ferotte led Dolphins had only two less wins then this years injury plagued Pats, that in no way diminishes the accomplishment of this team.

Let us also not forget that there week 17 victory against the Pats was due in large part to the Pats playing there second string for the overwhelming majority of the game. And the Pats still only lost by 2 (a missed 2 point conversion on the games last play)

I never said it does. I was talking about 2005. The guy ragged on Frerotte, and rightly so, and I just pointed out that in his first year, playing for a team that was 4-12 last year, the beloved Pats only beat them out by 2 games. Injuries are part of the game.

Mr Reality said:
I never take Patriots fans who complain about officiating seriously. The Pats have been getting all of the calls since around 2000 maybe even sooner. I can think of plenty of calls right off the top of my head that went in NE's favor and were just plain awful.

Yeah, like the Dolphins all those years that Shula was on the Competition Committee and changed the rules every year to benefit his team?

Mr Reality said:
Now it happens to the Pats and WAHH, WAHH, WAHH. Get over it. I think every great team needs some things to happen that are beyond their control. It's part of football. The Patriots are no different and if I were a ref in that game, Id have thrown the flag on the Samuel play also.

Well, then you're not only a slimy, moronic troll, but you also need your eyes checked.

Mr Reality said:
This dynasty started on a bad call (Tuck rule, it was the right call because it was added to the rule book in the offseason. Even Gino and Gil were saying it was a great run but now it's over while that play was under review. Many people don't know that becuase they were watching the game and not stuck in their cars like me), it's only fitting that it ends on one.

Does this even make sense? Can someone explain what this imbecile is saying?
Oh, wait...never mind...I DON'T CARE.

Mr Reality said:
I never said it does. I was talking about 2005. The guy ragged on Frerotte, and rightly so, and I just pointed out that in his first year, playing for a team that was 4-12 last year, the beloved Pats only beat them out by 2 games. Injuries are part of the game.

Absolutely with regard to the injuries. But you addressed the team as "the Great dynasty you guys love".

So clearly that was a reference to more then the 2005 Patriots.

And remember that one of those wins was accomplished by playing the Patriots second stringers in a game they took so seriously they had Flutie out there drop kicking for an extra point!

Last edited:
sarge said:
Let us also not forget that there week 17 victory against the Pats was due in large part to the Pats playing there second string for the overwhelming majority of the game. And the Pats still only lost by 2 (a missed 2 point conversion on the games last play)

Ahh yes, the our backups almost beat your starters argument. Well here's mine, I don't think it's that simple. This is a tough series no matter what, I've seen Miami teams come into Foxboro in late December and struggle to beat very bad Patriot teams with a division title on the line. Not to mention, you'd be an idiot to think that Miami didn't let up a little with a 15 point lead, twice as many total yards, twice the time of possesion and twice as many first downs. How fired up could they have been to play the last 8 minutes of their season vs second stringers. If you think that arguement holds no water well than what about 2004 in Miami????? The team that beat NE on that night was made up mostly of 2nd and 3rd string players for Miami, other teams, or guys who couldn't even make NFL rosters. Do you think that I feel that the 2004 Dolphins were better or just as good as the 2004 Pats. No, that would be just as dumb as someone thinking the Patriots backups are as good as Miami's starters.

ClosingTime said:
Bellichick does need an attitude adjustment however. Contrast his responses with those of Cowher (yes he does have his own deficiencies as a coach) regarding the officiating and it should be pretty clear how a head coach should act in regards to officiating.

Belichick's team has somehow won 3 times in 4 years despite his "attitude" toward the officials.

Come back when Cowher coaches a team to a Super Bowl win.

Mr Reality said:
Ahh yes, the our backups almost beat your starters argument. Well here's mine, I don't think it's that simple. This is a tough series no matter what, I've seen Miami teams come into Foxboro in late December and struggle to beat very bad Patriot teams with a division title on the line. Not to mention, you'd be an idiot to think that Miami didn't let up a little with a 15 point lead, twice as many total yards, twice the time of possesion and twice as many first downs. How fired up could they have been to play the last 8 minutes of their season vs second stringers. If you think that arguement holds no water well than what about 2004 in Miami????? The team that beat NE on that night was made up mostly of 2nd and 3rd string players for Miami, other teams, or guys who couldn't even make NFL rosters. Do you think that I feel that the 2004 Dolphins were better or just as good as the 2004 Pats. No, that would be just as dumb as someone thinking the Patriots backups are as good as Miami's starters.

You are dillusional. We don't waste time going to talk smack to noncontending teams. What would be the point? The Dolphins might win the division next year if all of the Patriots starters go on the IR. :bricks:

cubedoggy said:
Does this even make sense? Can someone explain what this imbecile is saying?
Oh, wait...never mind...I DON'T CARE.

Geez, I figured I'd have to break things down barney style for Pats fans to understand, but I thought I did a pretty good job. HMM I guess not. Oh well, at least cubedoggy doesn't care about what I said enough to quote it and reply.

coltshater said:
You are dillusional. We don't waste time going to talk smack to noncontending teams. What would be the point? The Dolphins might win the division next year if all of the Patriots starters go on the IR. :bricks:

I posted facts, and I'm dillusional???? You must think NE's backups are as good as Miami's starters??? That's funny. HMM replies with no substance except knocks on me. What does that mean, nothing to say?????

Last edited:
INTERLEAGUE BOARD

Come talk football with rival fans.

cubedoggy said:
INTERLEAGUE BOARD

Come talk football with rival fans.
Thank you Cube! Keep it up!! :rocker:

Mr Reality said:
I posted facts, and I'm dillusional???? You must think NE's backups are as good as Miami's starters. That's funny.

The fact we put our backup QB, who hasn't started a game since he was in high school in for 3 quarters and nearly won(he deliberately threw the ball away on the 2 pt conversion), did illustrate how far you guys have to go.

I think what is more funny is that you actually believe a division title is near future. :p

Last edited:
patsfan13 said:
He never takes a shot at Pracells when HE is surly after a game.

That's the point. This wasn't after the game. This was the next day in front of the local beat guys who were just trying to get perspective on what he would say to a bunch of guys who hadn't experienced a loss in the playoffs before.

He went off about a playoff officiating crew, and this team isn't the same team. I won't divulge what I said to them.

Real secret stuff. Season's over. Be a man, not John Thompson and Georgetown.

cubedoggy said:
Belichick's team has somehow won 3 times in 4 years despite his "attitude" toward the officials.

Come back when Cowher coaches a team to a Super Bowl win.
Belichick's bad attitude off the field I'm referring to has nothing to do with his coaching abilities. As I've stated many times before, Bellichick is inarguably a great coach. Whether or not Cowher wins a SB or not will not effect the fact that he displays class and reverence for other players, teams and the game in general.

ilduce06410 said:
sorry, my brain isn't functioning well at all. do you mean the tuck rule call was reviewd, or that the interference call has already been reviewed?

The tuck rule

Just PR stuffs

An executive always has a PR person (like a press secretary) when he/she is not in good public mood.

All BB needs is a close associate (Assistant to the HC) who understands him enough to feed bogus answers to the press with charm and a smile, immediately after a loss or when BB feels really bad.

(e. g. "we didn't protect the ball, and you can't do that against a good team", or "they made more plays than we did and they won..." or
"Corey worked hard, he played hard, but we made more mistakes and lost the game..." blah blah...
I don't think he/she has to memorize more than 50 canned responses. A robot can do a good job as well)

Then wait until the next day when BB gains composure to feed the same BS to the press, but in better mood.

It's all in the performance

ClosingTime said:
IContrast his responses with those of Cowher (yes he does have his own deficiencies as a coach) regarding the officiating and it should be pretty clear how a head coach should act in regards to officiating.

Like stuffing a pressbox photograph of 12 men on the field in an Official's Pocket?

Come on...

coltshater said:
The fact we put our backup QB, who hasn't started a game since he was in high school in for 3 quarters and nearly won(he deliberately threw the ball away on the 2 pt conversion), did illustrate how far you guys have to go.

I think what is more funny is that you actually believe a division title is near future. :p

OK this is my last post in this forum, then I will only makes these types of posts in the interleague forum, like I've been asked. I don't believe that game illustrates how far Miami has to come at all. That thinking is very short sighted and I'll explain why. The Patriots severely outgained Denver and dominated them in just about every important statisical category last Saturday night which is why many Pats fans are so upset about the loss. You guys all feel the Pats are a better team then Denver, correct???? Well, Miami had an even larger statistical advantge over NE in that last game (everything except total yards where Miami still had a HUGE edge) yet I know you guys think your backups are as good as the Miami starters. That's taking vitually the same facts in 2 different situations and acknowledging them in one situation (NE @ Denver) and ignoring them in the other (MIA @ NE). I know that game was not a big win at all and the Pats had nothing to play for but neither did the Dolphins. If the Patriots starters had played, I'm sure Miami would have been a lot more fired up then they were at the end of that game. I'm also 100% sure Miami would have given the NE starters a tight game, like they always do.

Also like I said, Miami beat the Patriots starters with San Diego's current 3rd string QB last season (AJ Feeley). They had a 3rd string RB (Sammie Morris), a FB who couldn't make a roster this year and 2 offensive lineman who couldn't make an NFL roster this year. They had 3 backup defensive lineman, 3 backup LB's and one safety who again couldn't make an NFL roster in 2005. What if I thought that game was an illustration of how far the Dolphins had to come to compete with NE. I'd have them ahead of NE and of course that's not how I feel.

I just think it’s strange how you Pats fans feel that since you had twice as many yards as Denver, you were the much better team on Saturday night. Miami puts up almost twice as many yards, has almost twice the time of possession and almost twice as many first downs, the thinking is your backups are just as good as their starters. You guys are nuts if you think the division will be a cake walk next year. I look forward to some tight battles in 2006 (like they always are).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes