PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Michael Bennett TRADED TO DALLAS!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashley, I don't blame him. Any employee wants to feel useful. It's better than a player who makes a ton of money and is happy doing nothing...

Exactly. Nothing is more useless than sitting on the bench when you could be starting for someone else. Bennett already has a ring and is running out of time to make money. Sitting on the bench kills his value.

physical nature
I actually wasn't thinking physical. More along the lines of some blowing-his-top screamfest at BB. Or perhaps trying to sow dissension in the ranks.

When I hear "philosophical differences" I think something more along the lines of Chris Long and how he made it clear he didn't enjoy being used how he was being used, but went along with things.

I actually wasn't thinking physical. More along the lines of some blowing-his-top screamfest at BB. Or perhaps trying to sow dissension in the ranks.

When I hear "philosophical differences" I think something more along the lines of Chris Long and how he made it clear he didn't enjoy being used how he was being used, but went along with things.

I think what we're seeing is what would have happened to Shelton last year had he responded differently. Nothing more or less.

Why is Bennett unhappy? It’s not like anyone put a gun to his head to get him to sign here.

There's no way a player does something "physical" to a coach/staff member/player and only gets suspended a single week.

Always drama here. He won a championship and contributed with the Eagles now he doesn't get to see the field. Bad job.

I think this is a perfect example of why the Pats are the Pats.

Bennett got out of his lane with a coach. He was suspended for his actions. He recognized he made a mistake and apologized. He will miss a week. And when he comes back no one with make a big deal about it.

EXCEPT that now Bennett knows that unlike almost every other team in the league, there are consequences to your actions. And while it's OK to disagree with your coaches, there are lines you can't cross.

It's a great less for Bennett and an even greater one for the other 62 guys who are dressing every day. It's a lesson that will benefit this team far longer than the week's suspension.

BTW- if Bennett really wanted to get out of town, his response would have been much different that the one he gave. So in the end, while its an interesting episode to start the week, in the long run, there is nothing to see here. Business as usual at Gillette.

I have a feeling he blew up at his position coach and got called into BB's office for the suspension. I also suspect Michael called Martellus afterward to discuss how this incident went down, with Martellus talking some sense into him moving forward.

Regards,
Chris

Brown should have been suspended and dealt with this way. It would have been much easier to play him after a 4 week suspension than re-signing him and we would have a much better team.

You done messed up, Mmmmmmmichael.

Miguel tweeted that trading Bennett would give us ~2.3M more in cap space on 10/29.

Hmmm...hmmm......

I was ecstatic when we got him...but with his usage down....we only need him for depth at this point. I'd be upset if we traded him and injuries hit us though...

The problem is that they are going in a different direction personnel wise and this does not fit MB's skillset so he is pissed about it. I think he gets released soon

He will not get released. There is no financial benefit from doing that. If they can't find a trade partner he will remain on the roster until the end.

Trading is the only way to save a prorated amount of his salary / roster bonuses.

Last edited:
Miguel tweeted that trading Bennett would give us ~2.3M more in cap space on 10/29.

Hmmm...hmmm......

I was ecstatic when we got him...but with his usage down....we only need him for depth at this point. I'd be upset if we traded him and injuries hit us though...
No, I respectfully disagree. We do need him, or rather his skill set. He might be the ONE guy on the DL who can beat his man one on one rushing the passer. And while it might not be an obvious need right now, it WILL be one we will need down the road when the schedule gets more difficult and even more so in the playoffs.

Also consider that, knock on wood, we haven't had anything more than dings on the DL so far. That isn't likely to last. Bennett's time WILL come, and when it does we will all be happy to see him in blue and silver. In the meantime I look forward to seeing Bryan Cowart getting a few snaps this week.

No, I respectfully disagree. We do need him, or rather his skill set. He might be the ONE guy on the DL who can beat his man one on one rushing the passer. And while it might not be an obvious need right now, it WILL be one we will need down the road when the schedule gets more difficult and even more so in the playoffs.

Also consider that, knock on wood, we haven't had anything more than dings on the DL so far. That isn't likely to last. Bennett's time WILL come, and when it does we will all be happy to see him in blue and silver. In the meantime I look forward to seeing Bryan Cowart getting a few snaps this week.

I agree that we might need Bennett down the road....but at the expense of an elite receiver opening up the offense? Dunno.....

I agree that we might need Bennett down the road....but at the expense of an elite receiver opening up the offense? Dunno.....

Doubt there is an elite receiver available other than AB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes