PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Miami's on to Tua

Good for them. Tua will help them win the division. Great move.

Bizarre decision, fitz is playing well. Of course, i hope he fails.

Even if Fitz is playing fine, history shows he isn't the guy that brings in championships. Miami fans sound happy so good for them.

I'm with libra though. Hoping he fails just because I like Patriots and he's in our division.

No one is winning anything with Fitzpatrick. Might as well let the kid work out his growing pains. It’s his shoe sooner or later and the guy standing in his way is on his 9th nfl life.

Fitz was just a placeholder and he’s never been good over the course of a full season in his career. Tua was going to come in sooner or later, and they must feel good about his hip, so the time is now.

I don't have much faith in Alabama QBs. It's very hard to judge their ability when the team they're playing on is that much better than their competition. Same reason I would be wary of USC QBs. Plus, that sort of injury with his playstyle does not make me confident for his longevity.

If there is success, the window will not be very long. Best case... about 5 years (give or take) where he can get them where they want.

Reminiiscent of what the giants did with Eli in 04. They were above 500 I think and they went to eli over warner mid way through the year.

if Tua is healthy, and there’s a cast around him that won’t get him killed, it’s kind of a no brainer to get him the experience

Fitz was just a placeholder and he’s never been good over the course of a full season in his career. Tua was going to come in sooner or later, and they must feel good about his hip, so the time is now.
But the timing was awful. I think Flores failed in man management here and this can set them back instead.

But the timing was awful. I think Flores failed in man management here and this can set them back instead.
I think the timing is fine. They’re 3-3, on a bye week, and the AFC will have 7 teams in the playoffs this year. You could actually argue that the timing has never been better.

trim your beard ,Putzpatrick...then move on to your second career....body double for Conor

maxresdefault.jpg

A massive upgrade in QB talent. Sure, there wll be growing pains, but you might as well get them behind you.

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, "are we really going to win anything with Fitzpatrick"? We know the answer is no so you may as well jumpstart Tua's career in a odd season like this.

Looks like if this was the plan all along, no one let Fitzy in on it:

Am I a bad person for wanting to hit the funny reaction to this?

At the end of the day you have to ask yourself, "are we really going to win anything with Fitzpatrick"? We know the answer is no so you may as well jumpstart Tua's career in a odd season like this.
That was also true before the season started. Now MIA has some players playing for their next contract and know Fitzy was good enough to get them to contend. It'll put pressure on Tua to do at least as good. It won't matter much to Flores since he signed a contract for five years guaranteed.

If anything it gives Miami half a years look at tua and whether or not to address qb in next years draft.

They may think the season is going to blow up with Covid and they might as well use what is left for Tua

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Back