PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Meyers & Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gronk, a great OL and impact blocking from the TE position mean a whole lot in terms of playoff football

This year’s TE and OL are nowhere close to last year’s team in terms of blocking. Maybe the OL rebounds when/if Wynn and Cannon are 100% but the TE blocking is many steps below last year

It takes a mediocre TE group like this year's to make you really appreciate not only how great Gronk was as a player, but specifically a player in the tight-end position. Affords you a lot of possibilities. I mean he could be both the overbearing factor in blocking, or receiving, in any given play.

Neither Harry nor Meyers can create separation on the outside.

They might be able to contribute on crossing routes and bubble screens, but they are not going to be guys that can change field position like brown was.

Meredith is intriguing. Don’t know much about him though.

They might be able to contribute on crossing routes and bubble screens, but they are not going to be guys that can change field position like brown was.

Let’s wait and see what Harry can do first. In the meantime, Flash may end up as that type of player.

Harry doesnt need separation because his game is hauling down contested catches.

Like Moss. Brady threw it up to Moss in traffic and Moss went up and grabbed the ball.

Not this “can’t get separation” crap again. Time to put away the draft guides.

Inside, outside, I’ll take this separation every day of the week.

“can’t change field position”

Also, Anquan Boldin says hello.

This debate re: Harry baffles me. Without Brown, without Harry, there is still much to like about NE on offense. If Gordon is unable to last the season and a key player gets injured - then it might be time to reassess. As of this writing : there is plenty there for NE to roll.

This team is better than the 2015 team, at least potentially, and the only thing that stopped that team was injuries. If people stay upright and playing, then this team can do serious damage, and yes, our WR corps is still one of the league's top units.

EDIT - More to the point of the OP, it depends on a few things, but both Meyers and Harry are physically built to be bruisers and tough playmakers in the playoffs. They'll likely be coming into stride around that time...maybe a bit like MM. That's my expectation anyway; low to moderate targets during the regular season and more opportunities in the playoffs.
Injuries and pissing away home field for no reason.

Not this “can’t get separation” crap again. Time to put away the draft guides.

Inside, outside, I’ll take this separation every day of the week.

“can’t change field position”

Also, Anquan Boldin says hello.

How dare you introduce facts and actual videos into the discussion!

Harry doesnt need separation because his game is hauling down contested catches.

Like Moss. Brady threw it up to Moss in traffic and Moss went up and grabbed the ball.

I’ve lost the tweet but recently someone posted a list of current DBs (CB and S) who are 6’3” or taller. The list was short, 10 players or so, and two are of the Pats roster (Obi and Williams).

upload_2019-9-22_8-58-31.png

My point is the Harry’s size and strength should continue to allow him to be a contested catch beast in the NFL.

With Gordon seemingly gone from the team, these two guys are going to factor in a lot I think. Meyers' role keeps getting larger and I like what I've seen from him so far. Harry is a huge wild card because no one's seen him play since August, but with that skillset and size, hard to imagine that he won't make some plays for this team. A WR corps of Edelman, Sanu, Dorsett, Harry and Meyers is solid. Not sexy or flashy, but very solid. Physical, shifty guys with good hands.

Excited about Meyers. Looked good last game, caught everything thrown his way, attacked the ball and Brady looks like he looked for him.

That double move he made where he induced a PI showed off his 'quick twitch' ability. And it also showed that he was Brady's #1 option on that play. That would have been a TD.

I think this guy is gonna be a productive WR for the Patriots for a long time.

Can't wait for Harry to show what he's got.

Putting Gordon on IR means the Patriots like what they see from Harry and Myers.

I’ve lost the tweet but recently someone posted a list of current DBs (CB and S) who are 6’3” or taller. The list was short, 10 players or so, and two are of the Pats roster (Obi and Williams).

View attachment 24345

My point is the Harry’s size and strength should continue to allow him to be a contested catch beast in the NFL.
Obi is on our PS but the fact remains.
I hope nobody gets a bright idea

One thing you notice with Harry right off the bat he doesn't get much separation but catches everything close by he has Great Ball skills. Intrigued to see how well that translates in the pros he should be good on Slants and Jump balls early on against smaller CB's *well he's already Bigger than most*.:) Harry is going to need a decent running game so he can spring lose downfield off play action. Harry should be Lethal on the impossible to Defend Back-shoulder catch I think that's one of the reasons why the Pats him.

One thing you notice with Harry right off the bat he doesn't get much separation but catches everything close by he has Great Ball skills

If u notice that right off the bed can you give us some examples of that?

auto-correct

Is this auto-correct? Or a nickname?

I want to see White get more targets, he is dynamic in space and a mismatch for LBs. I want him to make a serious run at Marshall Faulk's record of 36 receiving TDs for a running back.

With Gordon down and out Meyers should be Big time in our Game plan and we can plainly see he has Brady's trust. I expect his numbers to increase going forward on snap counts fantasy players *not that I am* Meyers is good selection.:cool:

It seems unlikely that Harry will be active much. We have 5 WR's who will active every week they are healthy: Edelman, Dorsett, Sanu, Meyers and Gunner.

It seems unlikely that Harry will be active much. We have 5 WR's who will active every week they are healthy: Edelman, Dorsett, Sanu, Meyers and Gunner.

You keep repeating this and yet can't give a sensible explanation why, when people point out that Harry was drafted in the first round for a reason.

He will be on the fast track and will get designed plays by Josh. I think it is far more likely his snap count will rise slowly and then more dramatically over the next 4-5 games.

He might be the most talented player they have on offense and it would be ridiculous not to use him.

If the numbers for active spots will get tight, Gunner will end up being the sacrifice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes