PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Message to Wes Welker

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said that? Really because I think I said he was a good player but benefited from are scheme and Tom Brady.

his skill set does not translate to all schemes and quarterbacks

The point of my thread is reliant on gameplan he is not a WR who you can get open on his own.

Yes, you said that.

DI the truth is your just a ******* ******* who looks for any reason to disagree with anyone and if you ever called me stupid to my face I would make you look like Tom Brady after taking that knee to the face. Those are the facts.

The truth is that pretty much everyone is disagreeing with you on this thread. The truth is that your post was idiotic. The truth is that threatening people you've never met is really, really stupid.

As for facts, you don't seem to know what facts are.

I think the team should prepare now for the future like it always has. Thats why we remain competitive year in and year out. Did the Seymour trade help us that year? No but long term it has.

You cannot center your offense around a player who is not going to be here.

Obviously he is seeking a higher contract then we offered. Which would put him in that category.

Really? The got Nate Solder and that has not helped in the long term.

That right there shows me you have no idea about Welker. He gets open a lot on his own. Watching the game again tonight, the Titans had a DB and LB on Welker on most of his snaps.

He saw a lot of bracket coverage.

Really? The got Nate Solder and that has not helped in the long term.

If we didn't take Solder last year, it would be either Cannon, Steven Maseri (or whatever his name is) or Thomas Welch playing RT for 8-10 games.

I know a lot about Welker. I know we set picks, screens, disguised formations to get him open. We didn't do that yesterday which resulted in 3 catch for 14 yards.

What NFL team doesn't do that for EVERY PLAYER.

That right there shows me you have no idea about Welker. He gets open a lot on his own. Watching the game again tonight, the Titans had a DB and LB on Welker on most of his snaps.

Go take a look at the play where Lloyd dropped the wide open TD pass. You can see how he got so open: It was because the safety was so focused on Welker.

So you agree with my post because he was not open because as I said the game plan was not designed to get him open.

Glad we agree
If that's what you inferred from my post then your interpretation of my post is as intelligible as your OP.

Ok this thread has gone far enough.Post like this are against the rules and infraction will be given or member will be banned if it continues.

DI the truth is your just a ******* ******* who looks for any reason to disagree with anyone and if you ever called me stupid to my face I would make you look like Tom Brady after taking that knee to the face. Those are the facts.

don't "quote" or reply to Bbass on this thread- he won't be able to reply.

so much stupid in this thread

So let me get this straight.

Five years ago, the Patriots decided to acquire Welker, knowing full well that he couldn't get open by himself.

Then, they designed an intricate offense of picks and screens and rubs designed to get Welker open so that he could catch about 100 passes a year and play in pro bowls.

Now, in recognition of his obvious limitations, when they are paying him over $9 million this season, they are pulling the plug on the Offense Designed to Make Welker Look Good Even Though He Really Isn't just so they can sign him for less money next year.

Okay.

I guess that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back