PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

McCourty twins thoughts on Stidham

Status
Not open for further replies.
The players see him in practice everyday. We fans have practically nothing to go on. Hopefully, the McCourty twins are right.

So the physical stuff is there.. kinda like Jimmy.G

Work now is getting him to show his mental abilities .., his confidence will go up when he can understand the ways defenses will attack. Learn the ways to move in the pocket, etc. What is he doing now ? For example. ;)

Pats signed Hoyer as a backup. I believe, unless Jarrett regresses, Stid will be the starter. No need for drafting a QB early on in the draft. IMHO :)

Pats signed Hoyer as a backup. I believe, unless Jarrett regresses, Stid will be the starter. No need for drafting a QB early on in the draft. IMHO :)

2001 Patriots model

The jets,bills and phins are already in trouble, love it!

I feel bad for Stidham. Besides replacing Brady, he's replacing Brady after management felt he is a better option than Brady. That's pressure on top of pressure to perform.

What they decided was "Stidham + the team we can field around him" > "Brady + the team we can field around him."

Not saying they're right, merely that it wasn't "Stidham > Brady."

My biggest optimism comes from the fact that BB has seemingly decided to go with him as the starter. It may ultimately prove to be a mistake but BB obviously knows him better than anyone else and am not sure why he'd basically torpedo the 2020 season without having a fair amount of confidence in him. Now if I see, "Pats sign Dalton" my opinion will significantly shift.
I imagine that Josh has had a say in this too. Also, Brady probably let them know what he thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back