PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Intoductory Press Conference

All lies, projection and hateful spite. This is a football message board, not an outlet for venting your anxiety driven inner struggles onto others. Time for you to find the nearest mirror and start taking inventory.
You declared yourself the forum ombudsman; deciding who was a real fan and who would be targeted by your little group of sensitive *****es. Now, you're trying to re-write history and hope everyone forgets how monumentally wrong you were about everything. Lol

You declared yourself the forum ombudsman; deciding who was a real fan and who would be targeted by your little group of sensitive *****es. Now, you're trying to re-write history and hope everyone forgets how monumentally wrong you were about everything. Lol

No, I declared myself ombudsman of the Tampa Bay ghetto thread from whence you came. But keep grinding that axe, muchacha (and don't forget your meds). ;)

No, I declared myself ombudsman of the Tampa Bay ghetto thread from whence you came. But keep grinding that axe, muchacha (and don't forget your meds). ;)
Remember when you wanted Bill to go to the Cowboys so you could dress your parrot like this? LMAO

0510c5283721d139ae9e80c9ece0e8ad.jpg

Remember when you wanted Bill to go to the Cowboys so you could dress your parrot like this? LMAO

View attachment 56084

No. But by all means, feel free to search my post history for that and examples of my allegedly "rewriting history" so your conjured nonsense can be verified.

Will it matter? All you'll see is the color. Then you'll conclude that it was a minority hire because there's no way a black person can be as qualified as a white one. We all know why.
I am the one advocating hire the best guy. Mayo is the one who says he sees color.

The level of delusion in this forum is worrisome. The same folks that for years claimed that nothing in Foxboro happened w/o Bill's say so, now claim that everything that went wrong was Kraft's fault.

I remember arguing with you that Wolf had a big part in the '21 draft (i.e. Barmore) and you saying there was no evidence of that and it was Bill that made the decisions.

Belichick almost destroyed this franchise. Drove it into a ditch, left the roster barren of talent, especially the offense, and the coaching staff in turmoil.

But yea, let's blame Kraft for hiring Mayo to fix the mess your boy left behind and blame everyone but the guy really responsible. You guys/gals don't take losing very well. You guys/gals were wrong all along. You lost. Now you're whining and crying about nonsense. Great look, for a ****y.
Reports are consistently coming out about Krafts meddling. While I understand you say you think something and regardless of all the evidence to the contrary you refuse to change your opinion, I and most people recognize facts.

There was no evidence and still isn’t. But prior to that draft Kraft announced they were going to do things differently. That got us 10.

Belichick made the franchise. Belichick produced the greatest results any man ever has fit any franchise in the history of the sport.

Your last paragraph sounds like a delusional child.

You think? Well that's solid. Lol
I also think the pats will lose to the steelers in 25. I also think you will miss Belichick... he always had Tomlins number... and if the steelers get a competent quarterback it will be a long time before the Pats abuse the steelers like the last quarter century...

I truly dislike the steelers and for that reason alone am a fan of Belichick.

1000003832.jpg

Least we forget... it was Belichick alone who beat the steelers...(as the media cleverly pointed out )

The falcons do play the steelers in 24... I wonder if they will use his graphic again?

I am the one advocating hire the best guy. Mayo is the one who says he sees color.
That's not at all what he meant, and I sort of can't believe we're still talking about this.

From Mike Reiss this morning:

"It means a lot. My grandfather, growing up, would always tell me stories about how sometimes the best person doesn't get the job. I'm very grateful to be here. I'm very grateful to be a good coach. And I just happen to be Black. I think that's how we should operate. We want to get the best people here, equal opportunity, and really, at the end of the day, we get judged on wins and losses." -- Mayo, to ESPN, on what it means to be the first Black coach in Patriots history

That's not at all what he meant, and I sort of can't believe we're still talking about this.

"It means a lot. My grandfather, growing up, would always tell me stories about how sometimes the best person doesn't get the job. I'm very grateful to be here. I'm very grateful to be a good coach. And I just happen to be Black. I think that's how we should operate. We want to get the best people here, equal opportunity, and really, at the end of the day, we get judged on wins and losses." -- Mayo, to ESPN, on what it means to be the first Black coach in Patriots history

I’m not sure the point here. He said what he said, we will find out what he means. Posting a clean up of the original comments doesn’t negate them.

We have heard people complain for years that hiring from “the old boy network” is wrong, and it is. So would hiring based upon seeing color.

Perhaps you are right, but he said it so is a concern.

I’m not sure the point here. He said what he said, we will find out what he means. Posting a clean up of the original comments doesn’t negate them.

We have heard people complain for years that hiring from “the old boy network” is wrong, and it is. So would hiring based upon seeing color.

Perhaps you are right, but he said it so is a concern.
He said what he said, and with all due respect, you - and a few others - sort of misinterpreted them. So the point of that quote was that it directly offsets the narrative floating around in here. People have latched onto one thing since Wednesday and ignored the rest, which having seen some of what's floating out there in the media, I get it, since a lot of it's being parroted in here.

And I don't really get the ire here, at least based on the process. This isn't some random outside hire. This is a guy who played for the organization, whom we all rooted for when he was here. This was a guy who was hired as a coach after spending a few years away and quickly ascended, with the blessing of someone you hold in high regard. And he's someone who appeared to be on the same fast track that Brian Flores ended up on.

That one shocked me, because Flores only spent a season in a prominent role, but obviously, the success speaks for itself and he deserves all the credit in the world for the 180° this team made in 2018 on the defensive side of the ball under him, which ultimately led to a championship.

But how this has unfolded isn't exactly surprising. Mayo appeared potentially poised to end up elsewhere because he was qualified enough, to the point Kraft was obviously afraid of that happening. Hence the reason why they moved to keep him in the fold as the successor to Bill. It just happened a couple of years sooner than we all thought.

I mean, everyone saw this coming, and he certainly appears to have the respect of the people in the building. Which at the end of the day, is all that matters.

As he said, "at the end of the day, we get judged on wins and losses." So I guess we'll find out.

He said what he said, and with all due respect, you - and a few others - sort of misinterpreted them. So the point of that quote was that it directly offsets the narrative floating around in here. People have latched onto one thing since Wednesday and ignored the rest, which having seen some of what's floating out there in the media, I get it, since a lot of it's being parroted in here.

And I don't really get the ire here, at least based on the process. This isn't some random outside hire. This is a guy who played for the organization, whom we all rooted for when he was here. This was a guy who was hired as a coach after spending a few years away and quickly ascended, with the blessing of someone you hold in high regard. And he's someone who appeared to be on the same fast track that Brian Flores ended up on.

That one shocked me, because Flores only spent a season in a prominent role, but obviously, the success speaks for itself and he deserves all the credit in the world for the 180° this team made in 2018 on the defensive side of the ball under him, which ultimately led to a championship.

But how this has unfolded isn't exactly surprising. Mayo appeared potentially poised to end up elsewhere because he was qualified enough, to the point Kraft was obviously afraid of that happening. Hence the reason why they moved to keep him in the fold as the successor to Bill. It just happened a couple of years sooner than we all thought.

I mean, everyone saw this coming, and he certainly appears to have the respect of the people in the building. Which at the end of the day, is all that matters.

As he said, "at the end of the day, we get judged on wins and losses." So I guess we'll find out.
I understand that you think your interpretation is the right one.

I am against judging people by their identity groups. I don’t think it’s effective.

As I said many times, it’s a comment he made, and we will see what his actions are.

I am much more concerned with his lack of experience and the possibility he will hire coordinators that bring in systems he has never coached or played in.

I understand that you think your interpretation is the right one.

I am against judging people by their identity groups. I don’t think it’s effective.

As I said many times, it’s a comment he made, and we will see what his actions are.
It's not an interpretation, those are his words. I feel like he clarified what he meant in Reiss' comments, yet you're still referring back to the same thing. There have also been countless bits written over the last two years about how he's viewed by the players and guys in the locker room, and the fact they were at risk of losing him tells you that other people outside the organization have also been impressed by him.
I am much more concerned with his lack of experience and the possibility he will hire coordinators that bring in systems he has never coached or played in.
As are all of us. But people here have also been clamoring for change and innovation. You can't achieve one without the other.

Dude, do us a favor and try to reign in your paranoid political ********. Take it to the Pub. Let's stick to football on this forum. Nobody cares about your slanted views looking under every rock for boogeymen that don't exist so that you can justify your self pity and anger.
I'm addressing this press conference. What Mayo said in in his 1st interview, how he looks at players and what he wants his locker room to be like.

I wonder whose idea it was to have Mac attend the press conference. Mac, Mac’s agent, Kraft?
He was probably already in the building. I read somewhere about the list of players on hand and there were a surprising amount, so I believe he was just one among a bunch of them.

Reports are consistently coming out about Krafts meddling. While I understand you say you think something and regardless of all the evidence to the contrary you refuse to change your opinion, I and most people recognize facts.
Reports or rumors? There is no evidence, period. How convenient to believe reports from unnamed sources when it feeds your narrative but discount them as trash when it doesn't (see below example). BTW, Krafts have come out and denied those reports. You've got nothing but conjecture which is less than zero.

There was no evidence and still isn’t. But prior to that draft Kraft announced they were going to do things differently. That got us 10.
Lol, see above.

Belichick made the franchise. Belichick produced the greatest results any man ever has fit any franchise in the history of the sport.
Absolutely, but he also almost destroyed it with his arrogance and pettiness. He 100% had to go.

I'm addressing this press conference. What Mayo said in in his 1st interview, how he looks at players and what he wants his locker room to be like.
Again, same story I told Ring6. Mayo basically said that it should be a diverse group, with the idea that it shouldn't matter who you are but how you perform and if you can help the team win football games.

MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
Back