PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo's Intoductory Press Conference

I don’t watch any of those. That’s why I don’t vomit buzzwords that 90% of the country have no clue what you are talking about.
DEI= Diversity Equity and Inclusion

It's a term commonly heard at universities and in large corporations.

It was more than just one time that he brought this stuff up. It should be a red flag because you don't want a leader that is operating with a hyperfocus on skin color so he can find racism
one answer is hardly hyper focus

DEI= Diversity Equity and Inclusion

It's a term commonly heard at universities and in large corporations.
I went to university within the last decade. It’s something that maybe you might see in the board discuss, but it’s never said as much as you hear in right wing circles. It’s become a boogeyman buzzword

I went to university within the last decade. It’s something that maybe you might see in the board discuss, but it’s never said as much as you hear in right wing circles. It’s become a boogeyman buzzword
10 years ago, I had never heard the term DEI. It's a recent term that universities and corporations use for pushing diversity initiatives. It's not a term invented by "right wing circles" as you claim

one answer is hardly hyper focus
Hopefully Mayo just said all that to cater to the woke NFL office, corporate advertisers and media. To keep them off his back if he has hard times next year. They like to hear that stuff. But it's concerning how much he went into it and tied it to how his locker room was going to be.

Hopefully Mayo just said all that to cater to the woke NFL office, corporate advertisers and media. To keep them off his back if he has hard times next year. They like to hear that stuff. But it's concerning how much he went into it and tied it to how his locker room was going to be.
I think he just meant locker rooms are diverse.

Not true. It is a major focus of corporations. There are DEI officers and DEI training programs. It is absolutely a part of hiring policies of all major corporations.

I think you will see with the coordinator and asst coach hiring whether it was rhetoric or plan. Are we hiring the best candidate or the best minority candidate.

I don't expect people who agree with his comments to understand what I'm talking about. Hopefully his DEI cultural Marxist worldviews don't truly dictate how he runs a team and manages this locker room. And if they do, this is going to be a bad experiment, and look out for locker room issues next year
Marxist? When did you stop drinking?

I work part time for an arts consulting firm which is an extremely liberal organization - DEI is a discussion topic in every other staff meeting. Its part of project proposals and of course its part of hiring practices. They even have an employee who has DEI related work as 50% of her job description.

edit - in other words - they say the acronym "DEI" all the time.

Last edited:
As anxious as you are to make everything a referendum on "bad old Belichick," this has nothing to do with him. Questions involving the lack of process behind Mayo's selection, his inexperience and front office power vacuum are completely reasonable considering present circumstances.

I think we all are united wanting Jerod to succeed and the GM situation to get settled/clarified. At this moment the Patriots are pretty far behind most teams re. functioning organizational infrastructure. Hopefully they have a plan to to catch up quickly. Suffice to say that if ever there was a time to exercise patience from a fan perspective, this is it.
Sure, that's what you had, patience, when the team was collapsing under the leadership of your idol Belichick, and your boy Mac turned to diarrhea.

You had enormous patience when you berated every poster that criticized the mess we are now in because of Belichick's decisions. You were the lead ******* of a team of know it all assholes that told everyone how to be a real Patriot fan.

Now, after Kraft had no choice but to fire Belichick before he completely destroyed the franchise, you question every move being made but you want everyone to have patience. Of course, when you question things, it's completely reasonable. GFY hypocrite.

The Patriots are not far behind, as you say, since they actually have a HC, are interviewing for coordinators, and are evaluating internal staff and processes that Belichick kept in a lock box. Aside from the Raiders, none of the other teams have selected a HC or GM (aside from WFT). So stop trying to sound reasonable since you're not. You're a snowflake that wants to turn this forum into an echo chamber of opinions that conform with yours. Except you've been wrong for 4 straight years. You lack any semblence of credibility.

The man who benched 10 was terminated by the man who refused to allow him to trade 10.
The level of delusion in this forum is worrisome. The same folks that for years claimed that nothing in Foxboro happened w/o Bill's say so, now claim that everything that went wrong was Kraft's fault.

I remember arguing with you that Wolf had a big part in the '21 draft (i.e. Barmore) and you saying there was no evidence of that and it was Bill that made the decisions.

Belichick almost destroyed this franchise. Drove it into a ditch, left the roster barren of talent, especially the offense, and the coaching staff in turmoil.

But yea, let's blame Kraft for hiring Mayo to fix the mess your boy left behind and blame everyone but the guy really responsible. You guys/gals don't take losing very well. You guys/gals were wrong all along. You lost. Now you're whining and crying about nonsense. Great look, for a ****y.

Dude, do us a favor and try to reign in your paranoid political ********. Take it to the Pub. Let's stick to football on this forum. Nobody cares about your slanted views looking under every rock for boogeymen that don't exist so that you can justify your self pity and anger.

I think you will see with the coordinator and asst coach hiring whether it was rhetoric or plan. Are we hiring the best candidate or the best minority candidate.
Will it matter? All you'll see is the color. Then you'll conclude that it was a minority hire because there's no way a black person can be as qualified as a white one. We all know why.

Lot of peeps just need to relax and let Mayo work.

It's still early in the process, and teams can't actually hire anyone currently under contract yet. As long as the staff hiring process is done in a deliberate manner, with forethought of a developmental plan, it should satisfy any pre season jitters that I'm sure we all have going into a new regime.

team building will be based on the strengths of Coach Mayo. BB can't relate to younger players? Maybe there is some truth to that.

As the youngest HC in the NFL, Mayo now has the opportunity to bridge that division. Let him work. Don't worry about the words, worry about what we will see on the field.

it will be pretty evident whether it's worked or not.

Sure, that's what you had, patience, when the team was collapsing under the leadership of your idol Belichick, and your boy Mac turned to diarrhea.

You had enormous patience when you berated every poster that criticized the mess we are now in because of Belichick's decisions. You were the lead ******* of a team of know it all assholes that told everyone how to be a real Patriot fan.

Now, after Kraft had no choice but to fire Belichick before he completely destroyed the franchise, you question every move being made but you want everyone to have patience.
Of course, when you question things, it's completely reasonable. GFY hypocrite.

The Patriots are not far behind, as you say, since they actually have a HC, are interviewing for coordinators, and are evaluating internal staff and processes that Belichick kept in a lock box. Aside from the Raiders, none of the other teams have selected a HC or GM (aside from WFT). So stop trying to sound reasonable since you're not. You're a snowflake that wants to turn this forum into an echo chamber of opinions that conform with yours. Except you've been wrong for 4 straight years. You lack any semblence of credibility.

All lies, projection and hateful spite. This is a football message board, not an outlet for venting your anxiety driven inner struggles onto others. Time for you to find the nearest mirror and start taking inventory.

Last edited:

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back