PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Mayo negotiations + OC interviews next week

True; they were playing football, it was all the same minus what the players and reporters told you all year
It was the same offensive system. Everything that they did this year was part of what they have done for many years. That’s indisputable.

Thanks. That’s not exactly from mayos mouth though.
It’s curran saying “ his belief is that mayos “camp” felt he did more of the coordinating and Steve called the plays”.

I didn’t ask to challenge you, just that a huge dynamic in this board is that things get exaggerated, twisted, and then become part of the repeated accepted dialogue even when the initial statement was either never made, taken out of context or twisted.
So I like to find the source rather than believe the group shared interpretation.
Mayo said it. He did the coordinating. Look it up yourself.

Thanks. That’s not exactly from mayos mouth though.
It’s curran saying “ his belief is that mayos “camp” felt he did more of the coordinating and Steve called the plays”.

I didn’t ask to challenge you, just that a huge dynamic in this board is that things get exaggerated, twisted, and then become part of the repeated accepted dialogue even when the initial statement was either never made, taken out of context or twisted.
So I like to find the source rather than believe the group shared interpretation.
No worries. Did not take it that way.
But you are right in that it was second hand reporting. I do believe Curran. Some others not so much. I don’t believe Mayo would allow someone close to him to exaggerate for it would be a bad reflection on him. He has a solid personality. That is why I feel he will eventually become a respected HC. We will see how smart he is at that point.
I also agree that some things on this site morph into something totally different
I had read the article from the Herald that is why I mentioned it.

Lafluer was handed the qb that was the second pick in the draft and he ruined him.
Your explanation was not reasonable at all. Your explanation was ignore the results and use your opinion. And your opinion is not a good one.
LOL
Zach Wilson was ruined by lafleur? This is not a good opinion
Your opinion ignores the circumstances and talent etc
What can lafleur do with white or Wilson under center ? Belichick would have had a bad offense with those two either

The link Busta provided implies Mayo's camp thought they did more. That implies they were splitting the duties and they thought Mayo was doing more. Doesn't say how much more could be 90/10 or 60/40. Either way he's sticking around so either he thought it was fair enough or has been assured it will be going forward.

They probably told Jerod we want you to be a big part of our program going forward, whether that means DC or assistant HC don't think it really matters. Pay him big and a lot of responsibilty.

They probably told Jerod we want you to be a big part of our program going forward, whether that means DC or assistant HC don't think it really matters. Pay him big and a lot of responsibilty.
He wants to be a head coach. Assistant head coach is a bogus title.

Well cross him off the list

Not surprising. If I were him, I’d go to an SEC school. Earn millions and have hot chicks throwing bras at me. I’m not sure I see grown men taking him that seriously.

Not surprising. If I were him, I’d go to an SEC school. Earn millions and have hot chicks throwing bras at me. I’m not sure I see grown men taking him that seriously.
My friend Kevin said this word for word to me on the phone about 15 mins ago.

The link Busta provided implies Mayo's camp thought they did more. That implies they were splitting the duties and they thought Mayo was doing more. Doesn't say how much more could be 90/10 or 60/40. Either way he's sticking around so either he thought it was fair enough or has been assured it will be going forward.
I heard Mayo say he did the coordinating in an interview. I believe him.

Ken explained that's a big part of the DC position.

I’d be ok with Lafluer, Obrein the Eagles QB coach, Wes Welker, Frank Reich,

Yes it is on the vague side. My guess is Mayo runs the meetings and interacts more with the players.
He with the Inside LB’s while Steve deals with the Outside Backers. They probably both game plan together with Steve calling the plays while Mayo interacts more with other positional coaches on the defensive side and coaches players in game.
Just a guess from the statement to what I observe

Last edited:
If you say so, you should be able to prove it. I don’t know whether he did or not that is why I am asking someone who says he did to show it to me. It’s not that complicated.

No worries. Did not take it that way.
But you are right in that it was second hand reporting. I do believe Curran. Some others not so much. I don’t believe Mayo would allow someone close to him to exaggerate for it would be a bad reflection on him. He has a solid personality. That is why I feel he will eventually become a respected HC. We will see how smart he is at that point.
I also agree that some things on this site morph into something totally different
I had read the article from the Herald that is why I mentioned
Curran didn’t quote anyone. He said his belief was they felt “he did more of the coordinating and Steve called the plays”
This is currans opinion and subject to his interpretation and exactly what he heard from who that he is interpreting.
Curran being wrong, or embellishing, aletering or enhancing what he was told is not a reflection in mayos integrity.

I’ll put it a different way. Tom Currans “understanding” is far from a fact and absolutely seasoned with his own agenda.

LOL
Zach Wilson was ruined by lafleur? This is not a good opinion
Your opinion ignores the circumstances and talent etc
What can lafleur do with white or Wilson under center ? Belichick would have had a bad offense with those two either
“My opinion” is the actual result he produced. Not a what if.
Your argument is you want to hire someone who failed because you are blaming the failure in someone else. Why not hire someone who succeeds.

Hey you are entitled to your opinion but an opinion that after watching the Jets offense the last 2 years says “wow let’s get the guy in charge of that” is a horribly misinformed one.

BB only pulls that as a last resort to keep a valued staff member
And you know this how?

Please give me all of the inside information that you have that proves to you that belichick withholds knowledge from his staff.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Back