PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Patricia likely to take Lions or Giants HC job (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with Mcdaniels taking the dolts job. How can anyone just forget about the deflate gate bs. I hate that franchise to death. I don't know how i can root for Mcdaniels.

I have a problem with Mcdaniels taking the dolts job. How can anyone just forget about the deflate gate bs. I hate that franchise to death. I don't know how i can root for Mcdaniels.

The defense will be okay as long as BB is our coach but Matty seems to be coming into his own and getting better. I think Matt will be a bigger loss than Josh. It is not like Brady is going to suddenly forget the plays he has run with Josh after he leaves.

I am a full root for the laundry guy but Matty P will probably be the first to leave that I will root for.
You need to update your sig my friend. :p 26-9

Don't root for him. I didn't root for him when he went to denver. And his arrogant fist pumping made it easy to dislike him.

It bothers me, too. It probably shouldn't, but it does.

Probably up to Patricia and Quinn. Might leave Coots in place for another year, but take a serious look at the offensive position coaches. The OL coach, Ron Prince, got the boot with his buddy Caldwell. The RB coach, David Walker, was a Quinn hire in 2016, but the lack of a ground game the past couple season may have had more to do with crappy run-blocking and lack of RB talent (from the previous GM) than RB coaching.

The biggest deal is likely to be the review of defensive assistants:

2017 Detroit Lions season - Wikipedia

Yeah, he's got a few pieces to work with. I think Ameer Abdulla is definitely fixable with the right scheme and coaching. Already has a good qb, question is whether or not he is still coachable.

Josh going to the Colts doesn't sit well with me either but whatever.

Irsay is such a slime.

Yeah, he's got a few pieces to work with. I think Ameer Abdulla is definitely fixable with the right scheme and coaching. Already has a good qb, question is whether or not he is still coachable.

The biggest issue with Abdullah is that his skill set simply doesn't match up well with all the situations the Lions have relied on him for, especially not running behind an OL that hasn't run-blocked particularly well. The Lions need to find an RB with more heft and power (but who can still catch a bit) to mix in with Abdullah and Riddick (plus a better OL coach).

I bet Mcdaniels and Patricia go after Butler. Colts would have a lot of cap room

Supposedly the Giants aren't out of the McDaniels sweepstakes yet I'd much rather him go there if he does leave us.
It wouldn't feel dirty then

Again, Daboll most probably heard/realized that he was not going to be the OC when Josh leaves which is why he left the Pats in the first place. He was never really in play for OC..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back