PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Judon: Best Defensive Signing Since Gilmore/Harrison

I can’t recall a season where I’ve seen a player blatantly held with no flag thrown as much as this year with Judon. He gets hooked around the neck on damn near every other play, with the OL to his side. Even today on Jackson INT, it was an obvious hold and the ref wasn’t going to throw the flag. Bill needs his guys to be up the NFL’s ass to get this addressed. Either they start throwing more flags=more penalties, or OT’s try to avoid it and he gets eaten alive!
Was just going to say the same thing. And there are photos showing the refs looking his way and keeping the flag in his pocket.

One thing to say "let them play" but the Pats are getting flagged all the time for holding. Absolute BS that this goes one way.

It’s funny. People claimed Judon was a product of the a Ravens’ system. You can argue that they held him back. He is better here so far than he was as a Raven.
I saw the Ravens fans come to that realization on their forum last week. They get it now, and they're very mad at their DC (or at least were a week ago, probably pretty happy after a blowout win yesterday).

I saw the Ravens fans come to that realization on their forum last week. They get it now, and they're very mad at their DC (or at least were a week ago, probably pretty happy after a blowout win yesterday).

Did the Ravens not have cap space. Not often to let a guy go who is good and also a locker room positive without breaking the bank

Every Judon sack so far.

Wanted to recognize how great Matt Judon has been as an addition to the team. In the locker room he is an extremely positive person, with a happy-go-lucky personality (like Bourne). On the field he's been the best Patriot defender this season, a mini-LT. Judon has been as good a FA signing as Stephon Gilmore and Rodney Harrison.

Here is a detailed article with video clips that show why Matt Judon is 2nd in the NFL in sacks, 1st in tackles for loss, and also holds his own very well in run defense:

Judon will be wearing pink gloves or shoes this Sunday in recognition of his mother who was diagnosed with breast cancer in Feb'20 and who was found to be in remission 4 months ago:

Finally here's an article summarizing how Judon has been volunteering with Camp Sunshine, a place in Michigan for those mentally disabled, since 2014:
IMO it’s way too early for Rodney Harrison comparisons.

True. Should wait for a ring. Hope he continues to pan out as at least 3 others in the FA overspend cohort were bad deals.

Might not be.

in terms of years w the team sure... but I wouldn’t factor sb stuff into the comparison.

He’s a great addition in a time of the most Bill-the-Gm scrutiny ever.

No mac and cheese. I have experienced Italian Thanksgivings where a full blown pasta dinner is served before the standard turkey and stuffing.

No mac and cheese. I have experienced Italian Thanksgivings where a full blown pasta dinner is served before the standard turkey and stuffing.

Ha yeah saw that. Sounds like Judon is lactose intolerant. =D

Those Italians know how to eat! Like John Pinette said - "Before we take your order we're gonna bring you some food."

Can he throw his arms in the air almost like to draw a foul ?
My bad. Just now seeing this. I know it was a few games back, but I’ve seen quite a few plays where he has done just that. He tends to open up his body to the left and throw his arms up. I could be wrong, but I can’t recall a time it was successful.

When you shell out 239m dollars in free agency, you better get at least a hit or two off that.

And the very reason we had to spend this money was the atrocious drafting by BB and his 'braintrust' over the past 5-6 years which depleted the team's talent level to the point where we missed the playoffs.

So yes, Judon was a good get. No, I'm not impressed if we fail to make the playoffs this season. Results matter.

Just read the article by Sheehan in response to the spending spree and see if you still feel impressed.
We need a yawn emoji @Ian

That was my in-laws dinner every Sunday too.

Reactions: Ian
Did the Ravens not have cap space. Not often to let a guy go who is good and also a locker room positive without breaking the bank
They let many guys go as the Ravens believe they can be replaced. Most of the time they are right, but not this time. It started with Adalius Thomas.

They let many guys go as the Ravens believe they can be replaced. Most of the time they are right, but not this time. It started with Adalius Thomas.

Adalius wasn't a great signing, the guy had a bad attitude and also didn't really fit. But Judon is a home run.

Adalius wasn't a great signing, the guy had a bad attitude and also didn't really fit. But Judon is a home run.

Thomas was just an example of guys leaving for big contracts.

He was a home run in NE until he broke his arm in 2008. He said he didn’t agree with how they wanted to use him in 2009 and felt he was being “overcoached”. Most people don’t realize he was 30-31 when he signed, and was about 33 by the time it was 2009 so the drop off shouldn’t have been a surprise.

why? Judon is a monster. Patriots have the best defense in football with him. Ravens were brainless letting him go. He is an All Pro.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back