PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel loses his father

Status
Not open for further replies.
You should wash your hands of the whole team, even if he does play. That'll teach'em all

Yeah, that selfish Cassel! Going to visit his family after the death of his father! How dare he?! :rolleyes:

Matt Bryant's baby son died this season, and he ended up playing just days after the funeral, and winning the game for them. From what I read, it seems that he wanted to play to honor his son's memory, and not that the Bucs made him play. Not sure if that's what you're thinking of?

=====================================================

Sounds about rite, thanks for the info Lois.:)

Matt Bryant's baby son died this season, and he ended up playing just days after the funeral, and winning the game for them. From what I read, it seems that he wanted to play to honor his son's memory, and not that the Bucs made him play. Not sure if that's what you're thinking of?

The league refused a roster exemption for one week so they could sign a kicker to give him the week off. The Bucs still gave him the option. Just as the Pats should do.

You should wash your hands of the whole team, even if he does play. That'll teach'em all

Absolutely. With fans like TheRazor, who needs enemas, eh?

Last edited:
Fahk that! this is professional football, suck it up, the show must go onIf he doesn't play Sunday, you sit him for the rest of the season

Everyones heart goes out to him, but this is a team and every one has problems, he needs to juggle them out just like everyone else.

The only difference he is this teams only experienced quarterback, he misses the next game that could ultimately end the 2009 campaign.

So your saying you wouldn't have time off work if one of your parents died??

Football is his job.

What you have said is VERY disrespectful and inconsiderate.

Yes, I know Favre and Bryant have played days after a loss, but different people takes these things differently.

I personally think you are a disgrace.

My condolences to the whole Cassel family.

DONT SPEAK FOR ME ASZ NUGGET!!! He plays or sits the season, period.
THIS IS A PROFESSIONAL TEAM, and he has made a commitment.

This happens all the time, and not to older parents, to players children, and spouses, and ya know what they do, hold mass and funerals on days other than Sunday, and they take a few days off, and come back and....

THEIR TEAMMATES RALLY AROUND THEM AND HAVE MONSTER GAMES!
What better place to get all that emotion out than playing some football!!!

First time I've been called that.. Tell you what mister tough guy, I have buried a father as well as a child, and yes I took a few days off and went back to work because I owned a business and had employees and patients depending on me. I don't profess ( unlike you) how to tell someone else how to deal with it. It's the football is more important than life mentality that is ridiculous.. And yes I have played football and lacrosse....

So your saying you wouldn't have time off work if one of your parents died??

Football is his job.

What you have said is VERY disrespectful and inconsiderate.

Yes, I know Favre and Bryant have played days after a loss, but different people takes these things differently.

I personally think you are a disgrace.

My condolences to the whole Cassel family.

DITTO.

I never understood the expectation that some hold for sport players that is not expected for pretty much everyone else.

In almost every other job funeral leave is a given. Prisoners in jail are more often than not allowed to go to the funeral of loved ones. Military personnel are often granted leave to go to parents, children or spouses funerals. Candidate Obama took off to be with his Grandmother only a few days before the election. (Whether you supported Obama or not you must agree the impact of the presidential election is more important than a football game. And Obama was more important to his campaign than Cassel is to the NEP. NEP have a back up QB. Biden was not a back up candidate.)

What Favre did was his choice. I don't claim to understand that choice nor why anyone excepts all others to follow that choice.

speak for yourself, he doesn't play Sunday, I wash my hands with him

Matt will decide?!!! are you kidding me? lol

there are 53 other players, coaches, managerial staff, a whole organization that is banking on him playing Sunday, there are literally hundreds of peoples lively hoods on the line here, honestly I do not think A) the pats will let him or B) that Cassel is even that selfish.... He will be playing Sunday MARK MY WORDS

Livelihood on the line?

Are you nuts.

Name one person whose livelihood is on the line. BB won't be fired if the Pats don't make the playoffs. Kraft won't go bankrupt. Moss won't be cut. In fact not a single player will miss a house payment or not be able to put food on the table if the Pats fail to make the playoffs.

speak for yourself, he doesn't play Sunday, I wash my hands with him

Matt will decide?!!! are you kidding me? lol

there are 53 other players, coaches, managerial staff, a whole organization that is banking on him playing Sunday, there are literally hundreds of peoples lively hoods on the line here, honestly I do not think A) the pats will let him or B) that Cassel is even that selfish.... He will be playing Sunday MARK MY WORDS

Thank you so much for completely ruining this....

I am sad for him i know what's it's like to loose a loved one so close to a game. Most players choose to play and dedicate the game to the loved one I HOPE Cassel plays but I respect what he chooses to do.

I am glad for both Matt and the team we stayed on the west coast. Keeps him from traveling too much as well as being closer to his family at this tragic time.

Very sad, especially at this time of the year. My condolences to Matt and his family.

Fahk that! this is professional football, suck it up, the show must go onIf he doesn't play Sunday, you sit him for the rest of the season

Everyones heart goes out to him, but this is a team and every one has problems, he needs to juggle them out just like everyone else.

The only difference he is this teams only experienced quarterback, he misses the next game that could ultimately end the 2009 campaign.

Actually I think we'll sit you out...permanently :banned:
-----------------
Let's get back on topic and ignore the brief interruption...there's always one idiot :rolleyes:

This is extremely tragic, especially just before the holiday. My condolences to Matt and his family, and also to WhoaDirty. I hate hearing about this type of thing this time of year...it's just sad :(

As many said a lot of us doubted him but at least his dad had a chance to see him shine on the field. If nothing else at least he can take a little solace in that I guess.

Last edited:
Nice job Ian.

My condolences to Matt and his family. If he plays he plays, if he does not it is what it is. It's Matts life and his family should come first.

PS. Thanks for the continuing hard work Ian.

My condolences to Matt and his family as well. We tend to forget this is only a sport, and family and relationships come above else. I hope God gives him the strength to come through this horrible situation. We're praying for you Matt.

My condolences to Matt and his family. Y'all will be in my thoughts this week.

I feel sorry for you. If it was a joke it was in bad taste....real bad taste. Try to be better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick
MORSE: A Closer Look at the Patriots Undrafted Free Agents
Five Thoughts on the Patriots Draft Picks: Overall, Wolf Played it Safe
2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
Back