PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel: Being Brady’s Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not even Bledsoe trashed him.

Hell, Martellus and also James Harrison (another tough customer) both want to marry him.

Look at they both had for quarterbacks for the majority of their careers, Rodgers and Ben.....
and then they get to play with Brady...... those guys both spoke highly of Brady....

Look at they both had for quarterbacks for the majority of their careers, Rodgers and Ben.....
and then they get to play with Brady...... those guys both spoke highly of Brady....

Martellus had Rodgers for only one season. But I'm sure that was enough.

This is a false narrative. Back-up QB's are forced to wash Tom's car and pick up his dry cleaning.

(Just kidding)

This is a false narrative. Back-up QB's are forced to wash Tom's car and pick up his dry cleaning.

(Just kidding)

Matt's probably still pissed about the stolen tires and finding his car wheels up on blocks..........

But I do believe he got TB12 back filling his ride with the styrofoam peanuts.

That was the time BB had to step in and tell them to stop it.

(all true)

Here’s Cassel and Jimmy G again hiding their contempt for the ruthless backstabbing me-first paranoid Patriots starter
Lord, you can see the seething hatred and jealousy in that photo. They look like they're ready to come to blows any second!

Might be prudent to look at the landscape though.......

Cassell was just hired by NBCBoston to cover the Pats this season.

It was a very smart time to write something very complimentary about what a great guy Brady was to him.

I'm sure he wouldn't reject a few scoops from the QB this year.

Show me some stuff from before this year, while he was in KC or any of the other teams and I'll be more impressed. Very possible, but the timing of this should be seen in total context also.

I dunno, have you generally seen the local media fawning over Brady or acting like Pats fanboys? Generally speaking they seem to treat them like they're the enemy.

I dunno, have you generally seen the local media fawning over Brady or acting like Pats fanboys? Generally speaking they seem to treat them like they're the enemy.

Except for the former teammates who are now in the media. The only one I have seen that doesn't completely worship Tom is Rodney (and like Mikey in the old Life Cereal commercial - - he hates everything!). Post edit: also that ingrate arse Revis.

The non-player mediots (other than Reiss and some actual reporters) have all seen the Felger business model work so well. Curran was a surprising defector to this in the past few months. I can respect someone with a different viewpoint if its real, but to make that obvious a business decision and to turn like a weathervane..........

Last edited:
Except for the former players. The only one I have seen that doesn't completely worship Tom is Rodney (and like Mikey in the old Life Cereal commercial - - he hates everything!)

Ok, not sure what that has to do with NBC Boston (?)

Ok, not sure what that has to do with NBC Boston (?)

I was responding to your post where you wrote "local media" - - not "NBC Boston". Cassell just happened to be hired by NBCBoston (or whatever the hell Curran works for).
Generally the local station former players for all the local stations - - - Ted Johnson, Troy Brown, Wiggy, etc. are uniformly pro-Brady.
Personally, if I'm looking for info and not entertainment, I prefer someone who is neutral and just getting out facts. But if Cassell can get a good behind the scenes piece out there on TB12, I'll be happy to view it.

I was responding to your post where you wrote "local media" - - not "NBC Boston". Cassell just happened to be hired by NBCBoston (or whatever the hell Curran works for).
Generally the local station former players for all the local stations - - - Ted Johnson, Troy Brown, Wiggy, etc. are uniformly pro-Brady.
Personally, if I'm looking for info and not entertainment, I prefer someone who is neutral and just getting out facts. But if Cassell can get a good behind the scenes piece out there on TB12, I'll be happy to view it.

It seemed like your argument was that he new to the local media, not that he was a former player.

It seemed like your argument was that he new to the local media, not that he was a former player.

No it wasn't. I'm not understanding the detailed semantics you're getting into, but perhaps we should just move on because it isn't terribly interesting (not a knock at you).

Fwiw, Rodgers supported him openly and unconditionally during Deflategate. Of course, no coverage from the usual suspects.

...Or maybe he is just a really great guy.
To those he does not see as legit competitors? Of Couse. It is just natural for us humans to be territorial when we see threats around. You will be crazy to open up completely to someone who is going to take your job. I am not saying he is not a great guy but how he will relate to a Hoyer will be different to let’s say Trevor Lawrence if we are lucky to get him.

To those he does not see as legit competitors? Of Couse. It is just natural for us humans to be territorial when we see threats around. You will be crazy to open up completely to someone who is going to take your job. I am not saying he is not a great guy but how he will relate to a Hoyer will be different to let’s say Trevor Lawrence if we are lucky to get him.

Hoyer is different, a lot of time together have made them good friends. He treats everyone the same, and is secure in his ability, of course time together change things but I can assure you if you had a chance to have dinner with him he’ll not be disrespectful.

You are also not saying he is a great guy. Don’t let the media taint you.

tumblr_lyyhkeaW001qenlr5o1_500.gif

If we get Trevor Lawrence, something went really wrong, vuudu.

At the moment, I'm good with Big Stid in 2022 when the Pats go for their 5th in a row :D.

"This kid is dreaming if he thinks I am going to teach him anything"....i'm kidding...it's a joke...

yiivbzkgtiuty4hp0k2l.jpg

Here’s Cassel and Jimmy G again hiding their contempt for the ruthless backstabbing me-first paranoid Patriots starter
57506533_294660571448999_6574388089106440941_n.jpg

“You can fly on my jet, sit in my box, hang with my wife’s dime piece friends.... but don’t ask me about 3 TE sets.
Now someone give JE a boost so he can see the race”

Lord, you can see the seething hatred and jealousy in that photo. They look like they're ready to come to blows any second!
I can identify Grop...but which one is Cassel?

I can identify Grop...but which one is Cassel?

He's carrying everyone's bags into the hotel, trying to get into Brady good graces for that interview.

In the meantime, that wouldn't be the HC of the Tennessee Titans in the middle back there, would it?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes