PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Matt Cassel: Being Brady’s Backup

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Brady was ruthlessly competitive and not great to his backup QBs so this was cool to read. Brady an awesome teammate.

Great read.

Glad to hear Cassel will be part of the NFL media coverage this season.

This corresponds exactly with what Jimmy Garoppolo said sitting in front of a pool in Las Vegas when he was asked about this going into his final season here.

Of course, this is not what many wanted the story to be and so other narratives were circulated. But why should we think TB has one way to deal with backup QBs and another way to deal with everyone else? That never made any sense.

Might be prudent to look at the landscape though.......

Cassell was just hired by NBCBoston to cover the Pats this season.

It was a very smart time to write something very complimentary about what a great guy Brady was to him.

I'm sure he wouldn't reject a few scoops from the QB this year.

Show me some stuff from before this year, while he was in KC or any of the other teams and I'll be more impressed. Very possible, but the timing of this should be seen in total context also.

It was a very smart time to write something very complimentary about what a great guy Brady was to him.

Show me some stuff from before this year, while he was in KC or any of the other teams and I'll be more impressed. Very possible, but the timing of this should be seen in total context also.

Jesus

This corresponds exactly with what Jimmy Garoppolo said sitting in front of a pool in Las Vegas when he was asked about this going into his final season here.

Of course, this is not what many wanted the story to be and so other narratives were circulated. But why should we think TB has one way to deal with backup QBs and another way to deal with everyone else? That never made any sense.
Felger go away.

...Or maybe he is just a really great guy.

...Or maybe he is just a really great guy.

Absolutely, and I said that too.

Just good to keep in mind the timing and the landscape for the nice words.

Here’s Cassel and Jimmy G again hiding their contempt for the ruthless backstabbing me-first paranoid Patriots starter
57506533_294660571448999_6574388089106440941_n.jpg

“You can fly on my jet, sit in my box, hang with my wife’s dime piece friends.... but don’t ask me about 3 TE sets.
Now someone give JE a boost so he can see the race”

Here’s Cassel and Jimmy G again hiding their contempt for the ruthless backstabbing me-first paranoid Patriots starter
57506533_294660571448999_6574388089106440941_n.jpg

“You can fly on my jet, sit in my box, hang with my wife’s dime piece friends.... but don’t ask me about 3 TE sets”

Once again, never said Brady was ever bad to any human being.

It's also good business sense on Cassell's part to throw a bouquet his way on his second day on the beat.

Tom was also in year 5 with the team and didn't have any worries of Cassel coming in to be his successor. I'd like to hear it from Garoppolo or Stidham's perspective since they were both seen as heir apparents to Brady. But I'm sure Brady wasn't in Mean Girls mode with them either

Tom was also in year 5 with the team and didn't have any worries of Cassel coming in to be his successor. I'd like to hear it from Garoppolo or Stidham's perspective since they were both seen as heir apparents to Brady. But I'm sure Brady wasn't in Mean Girls mode with them either

I've never heard any real reporting about Brady being a Favre or Montana to any backup whatsoever. Garropolo included.

Has any teammate of Brady's ever trashed him? He's been doing this since 2000, if he was a locker room douche I think we'd have heard it by now from somebody like Martellus Bennett, who basically burned the entire Bears organization on the way out and declared Jason Witten an insufferable jagoff.

Has any teammate of Brady's ever trashed him? He's been doing this since 2000, if he was a locker room douche I think we'd have heard it by now from somebody like Martellus Bennett, who basically burned the entire Bears organization on the way out and declared Jason Witten an insufferable jagoff.

Not even Bledsoe trashed him.

Hell, Martellus and also James Harrison (another tough customer) both want to marry him.

JG has always been complementary of Brady. There has been not one single teammate that has said a bad word about him. Even people that are supposed to hate him like Michael Bennet and James Harrison end up loving him. There is no ulterior motive concerning his character, the guy is just a good human being. Don’t let the media taint your image of him.

JG has always been complementary of Brady. There has been not one single teammate that has said a bad word about him. Even people that are supposed to hate him like Michael Bennet and James Harrison end up loving him. There is no ulterior motive concerning his character, the guy is just a good human being. Don’t let the media taint your image of him.
Oh I know. I am just saying, Brady (as any normal human IMO) 5 years into the league coming off 3 Super Bowl wins probably isn't as intimidated by a rookie as he would be in year 14 coming off a 10 year Super Bowl drought

See above

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back