PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.
I take it very seriously. I once took a 10 strip and thought I was Jesus.
You are Jesus and what you perceive as the world right now is really the acid trip.

I'll be surprised, hopefully it's pleasantly. My confidence in ex-Dolts is very limited.

From what I've read Allen has been one of the league's best run blocking TEs. If he can maintain that here that'll be enough but he was also a decent receiver although not great. His catch percentage is good but I've read in a few places that he suffers the occasional drop now and then. So with all that I think he'll fit in nicely. We'll see.

From what I've read Allen has been one of the league's best run blocking TEs. If he can maintain that here that'll be enough but he was also a decent receiver although not great. His catch percentage is good but I've read in a few places that he suffers the occasional drop now and then. So with all that I think he'll fit in nicely. We'll see.
I hope he's great. BB certainly knows more than any of us when it comes to acquiring talent. But, Allen reportedly didn't do very well last week in OTAs. You're right, we'll see.

Love Marty. There are certain athletes who are characters, but dead serious on the field. Bill Lee was like that, clutch, fielded his position and wanted to bat. While he was needed, a player like that can really loosen up a locker room. It can go the other way too.

Also would have loved to see both TEs healthy together, but Marty sure did the dirty work, dependable receiver and played on a crushed ankle, apparently.

Of many great lines he “produced“ throughout the year . the one that sticks the most is what he said about SBLI (and his playing in NE) . disclosing the depth of the Do your job mantra..

“It was the most focused I've ever been on just my task," Bennett said. "There was plays where I had to do certain things, but I wouldn't even know who caught the ball because I was so focused on getting my job done. At the celebration party, I was still kind of in that zone. It took me two hours to get out of that focus zone.”

-

Bill doesn't make many mistakes, but this might be one of them. Word is Allen is a dropping a lot of balls. Which was already the knock on him. Giving up a draft pick is going to make this even worse if he doesn't work out here.

Bill doesn't make many mistakes, but this might be one of them. Word is Allen is a dropping a lot of balls. Which was already the knock on him. Giving up a draft pick is going to make this even worse if he doesn't work out here.

He had a 67% catch percentage last year. So he wasn't dropping a lot. He has been called one of the best run blocking tight ends in the NFL which would be worth the draft pick alone.

How many touches all of the receivers in this team will get will prove interesting, as there are so many quality options there might not be a need for another receiving TE..

Bennett and his agent overvalued himself so the Pats moved on..

This from one of Bennett's biggest fans..

Sad that Marty & his agent misread the market. Loved his personality. His effort playing obviously hurt when we had no other viable option, earned us another ring. Best wishes to him and his family.

I'll be surprised, hopefully it's pleasantly. My confidence in ex-Dolts is very limited.

Unfortunately there is a track record to support your pessimism.

He had a 67% catch percentage last year. So he wasn't dropping a lot. He has been called one of the best run blocking tight ends in the NFL which would be worth the draft pick alone.

They should have kept him. He should have tried harder to stay.

yes...iggorants is buliss for sure...

1200px-Thelonious_Monk%2C_Minton%27s_Playhouse%2C_New_York%2C_N.Y.%2C_ca._Sept._1947_%28William_P._Gottlieb_06191%29.jpg

It looks like he's playing "Ba-lue Bolivar Ba-lues-are".

They should have kept him. He should have tried harder to stay.

Those stats were for Allen but I too wish Bennett had stayed. If he could do what he did hobbled and without Gronk imagine the threat he would be with Gronk.

Those stats were for Allen but I too wish Bennett had stayed. If he could do what he did hobbled and without Gronk imagine the threat he would be with Gronk.
Exactly. I know Marty thought he could have gotten more money in the market and NE needed to fill the TE2 slot with a quality player and couldnt wait. I get it and I'm not disappointed with any particular party. It's just too bad the timing didn't work out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

It’s Already Maye Day For The Patriots
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots OL Caedan Wallace Press Conference
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Day Two Draft Press Conference
Patriots Take Offensive Lineman Wallace with #68 Overall Pick
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Receiver Ja’Lynn Polk’s Conference Call
Patriots Grab Their First WR of the 2024 Draft, Snag Washington’s Polk
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
MORSE: Patriots QB Drake Maye Analysis and What to Expect in Round 2 and 3
Five Patriots/NFL Thoughts Following Night One of the 2024 NFL Draft
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/26: News and Notes