PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett Thinks This Patriot Will Benefit Most From Josh Gordon Addition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shoulda kept Matty B instead of letting the Packers ruined him. Allen is not a offensive threat. Develin has more targets.

Shoulda kept Matty B instead of letting the Packers ruined him. Allen is not a offensive threat. Develin has more targets.
Marty was practically retired when he got here and then he saw a chance at a SB and a QB that was great and gave us all the gas he had left. Packers then paid for an empty tank. We tried to rinse and repeat but it was truly empty 2nd time. Guy did have a heck of a season though.

Marty was practically retired when he got here and then he saw a chance at a SB and a QB that was great and gave us all the gas he had left. Packers then paid for an empty tank. We tried to rinse and repeat but it was truly empty 2nd time. Guy did have a heck of a season though.
My observation was he looked pretty checked out during the season as well. However, he played well and it was a great trade for the Pats. He should’ve caught that game winning TD in the Super Bowl. It would’ve been a nice “f*** you to the Cowboys. The Cowboys missed a real opportunity with him and Witten. Interesting story from Bennett claiming Witten wasn’t a very good teammate. And it’s funny how he can’t stand Jason Garrett.

The guy was a warrior. I think his anlke was held together with tape in that game.
I think there was some fragmented bone.

I am salivating at the thought of a healthy, functioning JG and Gronk on the field at the same time. :eek:.

That would have to strike fear in any opponent.

It evens things up with the Chiefs and Steelers.

NE - Edelman, Gordon, Gronk
KC - Hill, Watkins, Kelce
PITT - Brown, Juju, James

Burkhead, White, Hogan and Dorsett are gravy. I've lost hope in Patterson.

Actually, I think Hogan may benefit the most. It seems to me that defenses are more likely to loosen their coverage on Hogan than on Gronk.

In terms of "deep threats", in 2016 Hogan tied with DeSean Jackson for the league lead in YPC (17.9 yards). Hogan had fewer tgts and receptions, but a higher catch rate, a higher TD percentage, a higher YAC percentage, a higher 1st-down percentage and a higher 20+ percentage.

That same season, when Gronk was healthy he was even a bigger "deep threat". Among players with 25 or more catches, Gronk averaged 21.6 YPC.

While the Pats didn't have a Moss or Gordon to draw coverages away from Gronk and Hogan, they did have Edelman, Bennett, Mitchell, White and Amendola cranking out 1st downs in the short and intermediate levels.

It evens things up with the Chiefs and Steelers.

NE - Edelman, Gordon, Gronk
KC - Hill, Watkins, Kelce
PITT - Brown, Juju, James

Burkhead, White, Hogan and Dorsett are gravy. I've lost hope in Patterson.
I don’t think Defensive coordinators/ defenses are gonna like “E-G-Gs” anymore. :D

Also, don’t forget about Michel.

I don’t think Defensive coordinators/ defenses are gonna like “E-G-Gs” anymore. :D

Perhaps even more than any dramatic contributions from Gordon, I'd like to Michel get going on the ground a bit. Even 10-12 totes for +/- 50 yards would be enough of a benchmark for me.

Perhaps even more than any dramatic contributions from Gordon, I'd like to Michel get going on the ground a bit. Even 10-12 totes for +/- 50 yards would be enough of a benchmark for me.

That would be nice. I say we will see 50 plus yards out of him against lions

Yeah Sonny might blow up vs the 32nd KC and 31st PITT worst defenses in the NFL

Actually, I think Hogan may benefit the most. It seems to me that defenses are more likely to loosen their coverage on Hogan than on Gronk.

In terms of "deep threats", in 2016 Hogan tied with DeSean Jackson for the league lead in YPC (17.9 yards). Hogan had fewer tgts and receptions, but a higher catch rate, a higher TD percentage, a higher YAC percentage, a higher 1st-down percentage and a higher 20+ percentage.

That same season, when Gronk was healthy he was even a bigger "deep threat". Among players with 25 or more catches, Gronk averaged 21.6 YPC.

While the Pats didn't have a Moss or Gordon to draw coverages away from Gronk and Hogan, they did have Edelman, Bennett, Mitchell, White and Amendola cranking out 1st downs in the short and intermediate levels.

Haven’t you heard? Hogan is truly terrible and slow, and the Pats have had fewer PPG with him on the field. We can talk about this for 15 pages if you’d like. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Patriots QB Drake Maye Conference Call
Patriots Now Have to Get to Work After Taking Maye
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf and Jerod Mayo After Patriots Take Drake Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News