PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Martellus Bennett in a Patriots Uniform

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal line sets deadly
I'd pump the brakes on that - we said the same thing about Gronkowski and Chandler, Gronkowski and that injured guy from the Giants who never played, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham, and Ben Coates and Marv Cook.....

I'd pump the brakes on that - we said the same thing about Gronkowski and Chandler, Gronkowski and that injured guy from the Giants who never played, Ben Watson and Daniel Graham, and Ben Coates and Marv Cook.....

I don't know.. We knew Chandler was already inconsistent, and Ballard was never the same after his serious knee injury.

Bennett, on the other hand, has a solid body of work.

It only remains to see if he can grasp the modified EP system. As he has an above average football IQ, I think the odds are good that he finds a way to fit in.

pure ignorance to not see the difference between bennett and the rest of them

Bennett is only one piece of an offense that is going to absolutely tear up opponents D's this season.....especially with Dante's tutelage along the OL........

I am EXCITED ....stay relatively healthy and a SB appearance is a lock.......

<steps off homer soapbox>

Of course, in the Patriots Cinematic Universe, his uni might look more like this...

tumblr_o6q9oxFeEv1v31m4fo1_500.gif

;)

Most of us had a couple of "?s" when it came to the success of Chandler. We were hopeful that with good coaching he could overcome his poor hands and inconsistent blocking.

With Bennet, there is really just one "?". It is the same question that all "receivers" have when joining the Pats; Will he grasp the offense and get on the same page as Brady.

What exactly was wrong with Ben Coates on the goaline?

such a beautiful sight :eek:

That's Deion Branch on 'roids. Welcome to NE, MB. You will like playing here, even if it's only for a year.
I have no worries about him fitting in. None.

I am very excited to see how good Bennett is. I am not worried about him getting the offense. This offense is a lot easier to get for TEs and RBs than WRs. Also Bennett does not need 90 catches to be considered a success. 50 is fine and he will likely get that falling out of bed.

I am very excited to see how good Bennett is. I am not worried about him getting the offense. This offense is a lot easier to get for TEs and RBs than WRs. Also Bennett does not need 90 catches to be considered a success. 50 is fine and he will likely get that falling out of bed.

Based on how DA, JE and Deion are feeling to start the year we just might see Bennett be in the top 5 in catches in the league at the end of Sept.

He looks very dangerous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing