Status
Not open for further replies.

ctpatsfan1

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
for a 4th in 2011 and conditional in 2012

per Florio

Link?

Also.... what a dumb move. The Bills would be better off with some random Joe running their team like a game of Madden in seasons mode (or whatever it's called).

Link?

Also.... what a dumb move. The Bills would be better off with some random Joe running their team like a game of Madden in seasons mode (or whatever it's called).

Why is this a dumb move? He's owed quite a bit of money, hes got discipline issues, and he'll be free agent/used up (RBs have short careers generally) before Buffalo is even close to good.

If he was a lineman or something the could be valuable long term, keep him, but terrible teams shouldn't be holding on to RBs.

I'm somewhat surprised the Packers didn't make a play for Lynch.

I'm not going to say its a bad move.. But the guy has never had the chance to run behind a decent line and a QB who can stretch the field.. Giving up a 4th rounder for him seems like chump change..

Right now the deal looks great for Seattle.. He got this year and next year for low money.. And they upgrade their backfield this week

IMO, when a team is terrible, you need to do ANYTHING you can to get fans in the stands. Football is about having money. Money is required, but not sufficient for winning consistently.

In order to get fans in the stands, you need an exciting player that guys will come see. "Well, they might be a .500 or less team, but I'll still buy tickets because the games will be worth watching." I thought Lynch was that kind of player. He's not the best player in the league, but I think he's exciting to watch.

Maybe it was a good move, especially for financial reasons. I just don't know what the Bills are going to do to get out of their mire, and I don't think this move really helps. They can tank the season in other ways if that's what they want to do.

Good, we won't have to see him anymore and he's didn't go to a Super Bowl contender who needed some help.

IMO, when a team is terrible, you need to do ANYTHING you can to get fans in the stands. Football is about having money. Money is required, but not sufficient for winning consistently.

In order to get fans in the stands, you need an exciting player that guys will come see. "Well, they might be a .500 or less team, but I'll still buy tickets because the games will be worth watching." I thought Lynch was that kind of player. He's not the best player in the league, but I think he's exciting to watch.

Maybe it was a good move, especially for financial reasons. I just don't know what the Bills are going to do to get out of their mire, and I don't think this move really helps. They can tank the season in other ways if that's what they want to do.

Spiller is the type of player you were mentioning in the second paragraph. Lynch is a player that they have been showcasing in a trade.

Julius Jones was axed to make room for Lynch.

Makes me like the Maroney deal even more.

I'm not going to say its a bad move.. But the guy has never had the chance to run behind a decent line and a QB who can stretch the field.. Giving up a 4th rounder for him seems like chump change..

Right now the deal looks great for Seattle.. He got this year and next year for low money.. And they upgrade their backfield this week

Seattle's line isn't any better than Buffalo's.

You'd be much better off drafting players who actually increase your odds to win significantly. IE, lineman, or a quarterback. Pretty much anything other than a RB.

indeed. same price for both??? thats like if Welker costs the same than Chad Jackson

Not quit. We gave up Maroney and a 6th for a 4th. Seattle gave up a 4th this year and a conditional 6th that could become a 5th next season.

Last edited:
I see this as a good thing for us... One less guy on the Bills to make plays against us. And even though they are a bad team, they nearly beat us a week ago.

Well I'm glad all my trade offers for Justin Forsett were rejected last week.

I see this as a good thing for us... One less guy on the Bills to make plays against us. And even though they are a bad team, they nearly beat us a week ago.

Marshawn was a valued player. Many will call it a necessary move, but like you said, it's only one less player for you guys to have to worry about as far as I see it. A fourth and a conditional is not a savory compensatory gain.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore