PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marquis Daniels out for 6-8 weeks

The Intimidator

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Marquis Daniels will be out for 6-8 weeks after undergoing surgery on his left thumb.

The Celtics [team stats] swingman missed last night’s game against the Bucks because of the injury and had undergone an MRI to determine the extent of the injury. Last night, Celtics coach Doc Rivers said the Daniels injury has been affecting the entire second team.

"I’ve seen a lot of things. He hasn’t been able to hold onto the ball," Rivers said. "I think it’s affected Eddie (House), because earlier in the year, and especially in preseason, Eddie was getting great shots off of Marquis’s passes. Now (Daniels) doesn’t have the ability to pass and I think that affects Eddie."

Rivers also said: "I’ve been thinking about it and just watching him practice. He tried to get a rebound with one hand when he needed both. He wouldn’t say anything. He kept saying it’s fine, just a little pain, nothing big. ... But let’s get it fixed."

Apparently that’s just what the Celtics have done.

In his absence, look for a lot more of Tony Allen, who just returned from his own layoff, resulting from offseason ankle injury. He played for the first time in last night’s win over the Bucks, going scoreless in five minutes of action.

Boston.com

Big loss for the Celts. Good thing KG is starting to look like the old KG.

And we can't wait for Big "DUMB" Baby to come back after his "freak" accident to help with the depth......With getting these old guys like Rasheed into playing shape and working in bench guys a 17-4 record is one hell of a way to start the season as we haven't gelled or gotten everyone healthy yet......This should be another very good year for the Celts.....

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back