PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney debate threads (MERGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bartmac36

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I know Green-Ellis was playing the second stringers, but the guy has power and speed when he runs and Maroney was less than impressive tonight so I say, and I may be going out on a limb here, make BJGE the starting RB or at least get a majority of the carries with Morris...let Maroney fight for scraps...

I know Green-Ellis was playing the second stringers, but the guy has power and speed when he runs and Maroney was less than impressive tonight so I say, and I may be going out on a limb here, make BJGE the starting RB or at least get a majority of the carries with Morris...let Maroney fight for scraps...

BJGE was playing against the 2nd and 3rd stringers.. So, yeah, he looked good.. :rolleyes:

So did Morris... running against the 2nd stringers...

I didn't see the 1st string O-line opening many holes.. Oh.. do you know how many of Maroney's carries were for negative yardage tonight? NONE..

i think you should wait and see on this before you make this judgment. it was his first game back from a pretty bad injury. i do agree that letting maroney battle is a good idea, but to thnk BJGE is better based on tonight's performance is probably a little premature

BJGE was playing against the 2nd and 3rd stringers.. So, yeah, he looked good.. :rolleyes:

So did Morris... running against the 2nd stringers...

I didn't see the 1st string O-line opening many holes.. Oh.. do you know how many of Maroney's carries were for negative yardage tonight? NONE..

Morris got stuffed on a two run shot at getting a first down against the Eagles backups, but that's ignored by the Maroney bashers.

I guess it's preseason for Patsfans.com as well. :rolleyes:

I thought the chat was a lot better (before it lagged out on me). You can yell at the Chicken Littles in live motion. :cool:

I thought the chat was a lot better (before it lagged out on me). You can yell at the Chicken Littles in live motion. :cool:

I went to the chat until the system died the first time. I figured once was enough for an exhibition game.

I would love to see Maroney in KR. He was great his rookie year, and his skill set is great in the open field. You have to keep a talent like Maroney on this team. Period.

gee whiz. I can't even watch the game till tomorrow, but judging from all the comments on the board tonight, maybe i shouldnt bother. After ONE preseason game, the Pats suck! :rolleyes:

somebody post that pic about the sky falling :eek:

I hope Box will forgive me, but I'm just so tired of the anti-Maroney nonsense after one bloody exhibition game that I'm going to quote some of his work from another location in the futile hope that some of the people who insist on bashing the guy without actually knowing what they are talking about will either accept the observations of a quality poster like Box, or will at least be inspired to actually take the time to look at the plays:

-- 1st and 10: Pats 2-wide (Moss, Galloway), 2 TE (Baker, Thomas). Iggles run blitzed against the NE left side, Light missed a block on the DE slanting inside through the B-gap and failed to slow him for Kaczur pulling across, so Kac had to stretch to get a big enough piece of the DE to push him wide on his bee-line towards Maroney. Maroney was almost met three yds deep in the backfield, Kac getting a piece of the DE and Maroney's own sidestep kept it from being a loss of yardage. After that Maroney had nowhere to go and just got back to the LOS. Reports of his dancing on this play are pure bologna - the cheap, extra gristly kind.

-- 1st and 10 Phi 18: 2-wide Lt, 2 TE Rt. Phi 4-3. Nice blocking - the OL blocked down pulling Mankins, Baker from 1x1 outside Kaczur blocked down to seal the DE. Thomas kicked out the SLB. Mankins creamed the MLB. Kaczur came off and picked up the WLB and took him all the way across outside the SLB. Maroney was unable to get up a head of steam - he looked like he was sailing through a mine field with all the changes of direction as he let his blockers clear the way, the only thing that kept him from busting loose into the secondary was the LDE had been spun completely around by Baker's block and was pointed in the right direction when Maroney slowed to allow Kaczur to finish opening the door, the LDE was just able to get a hold of him to save a big gain. It was a really pretty job of blocking and following your blockers. 4 yds.

-- 3rd and 1: I-form, Moss Rt., TE Rt. Phi 4-3. Quick snap, running behind Baker at RTE, Thomas kicked out the run blitzing SLB. Baker jacked the MLB back, and Maroney slashed over the line for a first down before Hobbs brought him down. 4 yds.
-- 1st and goal: I-form, Moss Lt, 2 TE Rt. Phi 4-3. Alex Smith motioned R-L and chipped the RDE before sealing the WLB. Thomas kicked out the S. Light lost his block on the RDE when Smith came off and Maroney was pulled down from behind as he followed his blockers off LT. 1 yd.

I hope Box will forgive me, but I'm just so tired of the anti-Maroney nonsense after one bloody exhibition game that I'm going to quote some of his work from another location in the futile hope that some of the people who insist on bashing the guy without actually knowing what they are talking about will either accept the observations of a quality poster like Box, or will at least be inspired to actually take the time to look at the plays:
Quality poster! :eek: I've never been so insulted. :mad:

I agree. Law firm has a good upside ............. maybe we could get a draft choice.

Killjoy. You simply refuse to accept that half the fun of this place is just venting, and then you ruin it when they think they have selected a safe target. And on a night when there were few.

I expect Walter will be next up since because of him KOC only had time to showcase how to blow a taking a knee.

Morris got stuffed on a two run shot at getting a first down against the Eagles backups, but that's ignored by the Maroney bashers.

If that had been Maroney these people would have been absolutely losing it. But since it's Morris (who has missed exactly as many games since he's been a Patriot as Maroney, and is less effective when he plays), it's magically okay because Morris is a good football player and has vision and doesn't dance etc. etc. etc.

And I'm not even bashing Morris, who I like. But anyone who can't see that Maroney is better apparently doesn't know what to look for.

If that had been Maroney these people would have been absolutely losing it. But since it's Morris (who has missed exactly as many games since he's been a Patriot as Maroney, and is less effective when he plays), it's magically okay because Morris is a good football player and has vision and doesn't dance etc. etc. etc.

And I'm not even bashing Morris, who I like. But anyone who can't see that Maroney is better apparently doesn't know what to look for.
You look for the number "39" and imagine a bullseye right between them (which is also why Seymour gets so many pot shots, but that's from the numerically challenged). :snob:

What about Taylor? I would rather have Fred Taylor and Sammy Morris sharing the load before BJGE gets on the field.

Yes we are all judging off of one preseason game and what three seasons. He cant learn.

Not sure with 6 running plays in a pre season game you can tell much of anything.. we do know in the past he has been a very effective runner.

Despite some injuries, Maroney has a 4.3 ypc ( 388 carries) during his tenure in Foxboro... while BJGE has a 3.7 ypc (75 carries)... things are not always what they appear to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down