PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Maroney debate threads (MERGED)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure with 6 running plays in a pre season game you can tell much of anything.. .

If you see a guy hit his head against a wall 500 times. And then the next time you see him he does it six more times cant you begin to see a pattern?

You guys act like you have never seen BJGE before. Remember last year the only time he got full carries he rushed for 100+ yards to beat the Bills? He also got in the endzone 5 straight weeks.

The only reason Maroney defenders exist is because:"Belichick can never fail a 1st round pick :eek:"

Is BJGE turning into this year's Patrick Cobbs?

If you see a guy hit his head against a wall 500 times. And then the next time you see him he does it six more times cant you begin to see a pattern?

Hmm.. The pattern I saw was Maroney getting positive yardage on all but 2 plays.. and even those two plays, he actually moved forward.. But I also saw no real holes for him..

You guys act like you have never seen BJGE before. Remember last year the only time he got full carries he rushed for 100+ yards to beat the Bills? He also got in the endzone 5 straight weeks.

The only reason Maroney defenders exist is because:"Belichick can never fail a 1st round pick :eek:"

Would you stop with your lying? BJGE only got in for 4 straight weeks. Not 5. And 3 of the 4 weeks he was 1 of only 2 active RBs on the Roster. And all 4 weeks were against defenses that were ranked 22nd or worse against the run. Yet, you'd have us believe that what he did was something great. IT WASN'T.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: Game Logs

BTW, if BJGE was so great last year, why was he benched as soon as Jordan and Morris were healthy?

Although I do love watching Law Firm run the ball and Maroney did look like he was trying out for Dancing with the Stars, Belichick knows best ! If he decides Maroney is worth keeping around, then I expect to see a good year out of Maroney if he remains injury free !

Would you stop with your lying? BJGE only got in for 4 straight weeks. Not 5. And 3 of the 4 weeks he was 1 of only 2 active RBs on the Roster. And all 4 weeks were against defenses that were ranked 22nd or worse against the run. Yet, you'd have us believe that what he did was something great. IT WASN'T.

BenJarvus Green-Ellis: Game Logs

BTW, if BJGE was so great last year, why was he benched as soon as Jordan and Morris were healthy?

I did not say great, I said BETTER then Maroney. :D

Way too early. One pre-season game in which I personally don't think Maroney played badly (see Box). He's coming off an injury.

I'm not (and have never been) a Maroney apologist, but let's see how things play out. Enough people who know a lot more about this than I do seem to think this guy has a lot of talent; his pre-injury play was good/very good but not spectacular (there are about ten thousand threads that go into his YPC and other stats and show that his numbers are respectable, so let's not do that again).

I say if BB decides he should start, that's good enough for me. Then let's see where things stand after a few regular season games.

Again people are vastly overreacting. I didn't see Maroney have many holes last night. He was also running against the first string D while BJGE was running against the backups.

Let's see what he does out in space. I'm surprised they didn't try any screens or short passes to him.

BJGE is a serviceable RB, nothing special however. Maroney has more talent, but whether he can stay healthy and regain his confidence is the question.

Of course we can, we see that all the time here at patsfans. You're a prime example.

I did not say great, I said BETTER then Maroney. :D

Really? If BJGE was better than Maroney, he wouldn't have had one good game last year and disapear after that. BJGE has barely proven he is better than Mike Cloud at this point.

Last edited:
People liked him last year too, unlike Maroney.:D

Actually people like Maroney, too. Enough to some reason waste their time defending him from the irrationality of posters on this forum.

Let's see what he does out in space. I'm surprised they didn't try any screens or short passes to him.

Yeah. I'm not pretending to be an OC, but I'd love to see them go to him in the flat more often. However, clearly they look at him (and he probably looks at himself) as a between the tackles RB.

I don't buy into the Maroney-bashing (in fact it just makes me want to defend the guy), but I would agree that it is fair to say that this is a big season for him if he's going to define himself as a premier RB.

I think Maroney is a good back and that the pats would regret letting him go......

that said, it just seems that the playlist is like 3 plays long when he's in there......

back in 2007, he caught only 4 passes........but they went for 12,25,36, and 43 yards......why? because teams are so convinced that the pats aren't going to do that, so it catches them off guard

he's proven a viable target in the passing game.......just not sure why don't use that more in order to open up the running game when he's in there

BJGE was playing against the 2nd and 3rd stringers.. So, yeah, he looked good.. :rolleyes:

So did Morris... running against the 2nd stringers...

I didn't see the 1st string O-line opening many holes.. Oh.. do you know how many of Maroney's carries were for negative yardage tonight? NONE..

In all fairness to Morris he does well against first stringers during the regular season too.

In all fairness to Morris he does well against first stringers during the regular season too.

Yes, and, if Maroney is our 1st string RB, shouldn't he atleast get some yards against the 1st string defense?

Morris did against the 2nd string defense, he is our 2nd string RB.

BJGE did well against the 2nd and 3rd string defense, he is our 4th string RB.

See where I am getting at?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back