PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Jones to IR

That was just the writer stating the minimum amount of time a player can return after being IR'd. I'd be surprised if he returns this season. If he gets surgery, it should take 3-6 months for him to get back to the field. If he doesnt get surgery and pushes it to the offseason, he'll be severely limited the rest of the season. Given the position he plays, thats probably not an option.

Last edited:
Hopefully both Jack and Marcus will be back this season. Need to get Jon back and healthy asap though, with him out there I'd feel better about Mills/Wade/Bryant filling out the other CB/DB spots.

They need to move Mills back to CB. Give him a pay bump if needed.
I'd agree with that.. then it would be a matter of time before he goes down with hammy issues... as much as we love Marcus he is a small corner.. injury was just a matter of time. Hope he recovers well and bulks up in the off season.

It all depends what he has. If it is a torn pectoral, he is done. If it is a separated shoulder, he could be back in four weeks. Good thing the Pats have depth at CB because they are running out of Joneses.

I like how following football has become half spouting fantasy stats and other half is spouting medical/injury stats. o_O

IMHO, , Marcus should move to offense . Too small and short to be playing a CB.

If you are saying that he is closer to the ideal ht/wt for a slot receiver than he is for a CB, then I would agree.

But if you are focusing on just injury risk, and especially with respect to his current injury, why would you fall on your shoulder any more as a DB than you do as a slot receiver?

I had a torn labrum, and it affected me in the gym.

I have pain in that shoulder and my bench press is half of what it used to be.

Of course, I am retirement age and that make a difference.

How much though, I don’t know.

It all depends what he has. If it is a torn pectoral, he is done. If it is a separated shoulder, he could be back in four weeks. Good thing the Pats have depth at CB because they are running out of Joneses.
We don't have much depth at this point.

We don't have much depth at this point.

We started the season, but we keep losing Joneses. But that is what I am saying. If the Pats didn't have depth at the position, they wouldn't be able to even have two starters. at this point. There were years there was no depth that when they lost two CBs that they were bringing in street free agents to start.

We started the season, but we keep losing Joneses. But that is what I am saying. If the Pats didn't have depth at the position, they wouldn't be able to even have two starters. at this point. There were years there was no depth that when they lost two CBs that they were bringing in street free agents to start.
Sorry I misunderstood your post. I agree that we were in a better spot than past years bringing in guys like Tae Hayes or D'Angelo Ross in season as a last resort.

Decision to draft Gonzales (instead of OT for ex) looking better now.

New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Back