PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Marcus Jones: the Pats version of Deion Sanders?

The dude already has "1 start" in the NFL so alert Canton

:cool:
Would love to have a real OC at NE with the ability to develop and expand MJ's pass catching role.

Size wise....
Marcus Jones 5'8" 185lbs (Note Deion Sanders 6'1" 195lbs)
An incher shorter than Welker but same weight
Edelman 5'10" 195lbs
Troy Brown 5'10 196lbs
Better comparison
Darrell Green
5’9” 184lbs

People are underselling Jones’ ability as a cover CB. He’s very good everywhere: slot & boundary. He could develop into a shutdown CB, his other assets notwithstanding.

This guy would’ve been a top-5 pick if he was 2-3 inches taller. His only limitation is his height/length, but he’s pretty good despite that.

We got a really good one, folks.

Love this guy...

View attachment 48239
I'm sorry did you just compare Jones to the greatest defensive back of all time, Neon Deion? uhhh, I'm OUT!! :haha:

simon-cowell-simon.gif

People are underselling Jones’ ability as a cover CB. He’s very good everywhere: slot & boundary. He could develop into a shutdown CB, his other assets notwithstanding.

This guy would’ve been a top-5 pick if he was 2-3 inches taller. His only limitation is his height/length, but he’s pretty good despite that.

We got a really good one, folks.
Look I was one of the first people to praise the Marcus Jones selection in the 3rd round this year. I loved his versatility as both a cornerback and kick returner. I was the least worried about the Marcus Jones pick because I knew he'd find a role on the team somewhere.

But comparing him to all-time great hall of fame corners when he hasn't even completed a full season yet? Lets SLOW DOWN a minute first before we order his bronze bust for Canton!

Somehow we held Davante Adams to nothing while we were missing Jack Jones and Jalen Mills.

I admit it crossed my mind late that Marcus Jones and Jon Jones had done a fantastic job.

It's probably more to do with David Carr being so horribly bad and inept.

Still, it's impressive. Marcus had an excellent breakup of a bomb to Adams early. He was also in excellent position on the Raiders final TD. That was just an excellent catch. The kind a receiver like Agholor struggles to make.

wrong thread

Heck of a game today. Unfortunately overshadowed.

Looks like we hit it big with this guy though

Going to be a great player if he stays healthy. He’s got everything except height: speed, quickness, desire, competitiveness, and elite athleticism.

2024 Patriots Undrafted Free Agents – FULL LIST
MORSE: Thoughts on Patriots Day 3 Draft Results
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots Head Coach Jerod Mayo Post-Draft Press Conference
2024 Patriots Draft Picks – FULL LIST
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots CB Marcellas Dial’s Conference Call with the New England Media
So Far, Patriots Wolf Playing It Smart Through Five Rounds
Wolf, Patriots Target Chemistry After Adding WR Baker
TRANSCRIPT: Patriots WR Javon Baker Conference Call
TRANSCRIPT: Layden Robinson Conference Call
MORSE: Did Rookie De-Facto GM Eliot Wolf Drop the Ball? – Players I Like On Day 3
Back