Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Could Johnny Manziel be a fit for Patriots?

• Id like if they give him a try

Votes: 32 47.8%
  • I believe he could make it here

Votes: 5 7.5%
  • No way Bill takes a chance on him

Votes: 10 14.9%
  • His NFL comeback is unlikely

Votes: 26 38.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do not want Manziel here, I get the idea that NE has the structure he needs to get his career back on track. If anyone could fix his issues at QB, it's likely McDaniels. But it's simply not worth the headache or media frenzy.

I'd probably be fine with it. They kicked the tires on Tebow and Manziel was always a much more talented passer; he reminded me of Doug Flutie in college. At worst he plays a couple preseason games and moves on. At best the Patriots get a talented backup and prospect who's still somehow just 25 on the cheap.

But he's been out of the game for a while dealing with mental health and addiction issues and those kind of things toll physically. Unclear whether he still has the same arm talent or mobility he had a few years ago. I guess that's why you'd give him a look.

It's easy to judge, but bipolar disorder, especially undiagnosed, and alcohol addiction are both very difficult to overcome. The domestic violence incident would be the biggest hurdle in my mind. Even if he wasn't in his right mind when he did it, that's very difficult to forgive.

The popular opinion is going to be about making a bunch of jokes about how bad of an idea it’d be to sign him. I say give it a shot.

If the guy really wants to come beck, why not sign him for the minimum? No one can deny how much talent the guy has.

And if he really has gotten his head on straight, it’s a huge steal.

The popular opinion is going to be about making a bunch of jokes about how bad of an idea it’d be to sign him. I say give it a shot.

If the guy really wants to come beck, why not sign him for the minimum? No one can deny how much talent the guy has.

And if he really has gotten his head on straight, it’s a huge steal.

That’s reasonable I guess. Could always get rid of him later if need be

Isn't he exactly the opposite of what we want? BB has talked about watching practice/game film and saying that on any particular play, the ball should go <insert correct target>, no matter who the QB is. In other words, the target should be based on the read for that play, and be consistent between QBs.

Manziel's best trait is (was) his ability to improvise; he's not the guy you'd be looking for to be a consistently correct defense reader and master of the playbook.

The odds are against it, but for a low risk move, it's not completely insane.

How is Tim Tebow 30 already? It was just a few days ago I remember him on the Patriots...

Even setting aside his personal problems, Manziel never had the skills to succeed at the pro level. He was great in college at scrambling around in the backfield for 10 seconds then heaving up a prayer which Mike Evans always seemed to catch, but that just don’t work in the pros.

There are no Dukes and Rices and Vanderbilts in the NFL.

While I do not want Manziel here, I get the idea that NE has the structure he needs to get his career back on track. If anyone could fix his issues at QB, it's likely McDaniels. But it's simply not worth the headache or media frenzy.
Look everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he did not hide his Christianity and that really makes a lot of people angry. He didn't force any of it to anyone. He did not kneel down or raise his fist. It was right for him. After a game he prayed in solitude and not to gain attention, but the media focused on that as being divisive. Yet, he was and is a laughing stock. The kid was unconventional for sure but he won games including a play off. There were a lot of people that played QB in the NFL with talent on his level. Jeff Garcia won a lot of games. Mike Vick was a good running QB. Passer? Not so much. How many of us cheered Flutie? When you have a Nate Peterman and Tom Savage staring and Mike Glennon being a sought after QB....why not Johhny?

If BB could deal with Tebow, Haynesworth, Dillion and the evil side of Randy Moss, if you can have Manziel to agree to be tested EVERY DAY!!!, we gave that plague on society Tebow a try out, why not Manziel?

Ryan Mallet was no choir boy. He hid his shenanigans better than Manziel.

DW Toys

Last edited:
So, do you jettison Hoyer, a capable and dependable backup?

Do you not draft a potential replacement for a 41-year-old starter?

Do you carry 4 QBs?

If no, no, and no, then, well...

Look everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he did not hide his Christianity and that really makes a lot of people angry. He didn't force any of it to anyone. He did not kneel down or raise his fist. It was right for him. After a game he prayed in solitude and not to gain attention, but the media focused on that as being divisive. Yet, he was and is a laughing stock. The kid was unconventional for sure but he won games including a play off. There were a lot of people that played QB in the NFL with talent on his level. Jeff Garcia won a lot of games. Mike Vick was a good running QB. Passer? Not so much. How many of us cheered Flutie? When you have a Nate Peterman and Tom Savage staring and Mike Glennon being a sought after QB....why not Johhny?

If BB could deal with Tebow, Haynesworth, Dillion and the evil side of Randy Moss, if you can have Manziel to agree to be tested EVERY DAY!!!, we gave that plague on society Tebow a try out, why not Manziel?

Ryan Mallet was no choir boy. He hid his shenanigans better than Manziel.

DW Toys

I'm not sure where this post came from. o_O Manziel is bad at football. He's bad at life. He's nothing like Tebow, who is a great guy but just didn't quite cut it as an NFL quarterback.

We should pay him to sign with the bills.

Look everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he did not hide his Christianity and that really makes a lot of people angry. He didn't force any of it to anyone. He did not kneel down or raise his fist.

Yeah definitely kept it all to himself...never kneeled or pushed his views....

tim-tebow-bible-versejpg-d9d556ff3e6d7534_medium.jpg

denisonforum.org-tim-tebow-prays-after-nfl-afc-wildcard-game-against-steelers-january-8-2012.jpg

Look everyone hated and mocked Tebow because he did not hide his Christianity and that really makes a lot of people angry. He didn't force any of it to anyone. He did not kneel down or raise his fist.

What a bunch of crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots