PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manny's violation not steroids.

Doesn't matter if it's not steroids, it's performance enhancer...for him it was meant really to boost his game, not his weiner.

Although his "inferiority" might explain his need to be the center of everyone's attention all the time even at the expense of his team.

Last edited:
Sure and his slugging percentage just went up 200 points because he put on Dodger blue. His numbers were for schitt with the Sox last year because he couldn't hit without some illegit help.

Sure and his slugging percentage just went up 200 points because he put on Dodger blue. His numbers were for schitt with the Sox last year because he couldn't hit without some illegit help.

No. His numbers were for sh!t because he was dogging.

Doesn't matter if it's not steroids, it's performance enhancer...for him it was meant really to boost his game, not his weiner.

Although his "inferiority" might explain his need to be the center of everyone's attention all the time even at the expense of his team.

Did you read the link or is my sarcasm detecter malfunctioning?

Coaches had been advising him to "choke up on the bat" for years.

Hey, coaches don't know nothing.
All you need is a blue diamond.:p

Did you read the link or is my sarcasm detecter malfunctioning?

Detector may be off but it's also serious tongue in cheek.

Sportscenter had information about the product- it's for women...but is also used to boost testosterone in men, and if used in the way that he used it it is a performance enhancer(for more than his "performance")

the substance manny used is to start the body making testosterone naturally after a cycle of roids. its also used to mask the use of roids and other performance enhancers.

I think at this point regarding MLB the list of players NOT using some sort of performance enhanser is the shorter list.

"Say it ain't so Joe"...................

I'm thinking Manny took it because someone told him he was a boob and he figured one boob is not good ... he should have 2 of them.

No. His numbers were for sh!t because he was dogging.

He's just another player who's numbers shot through the roof inexplicably. Just because he's an idiot doesn't excuse him from the obvious connection. Everyone assumed he was faking the knee injury because he was po'd at the team. Why couldn't he have been faking because he knew he couldn't produce without some extra help?

He's just another player who's numbers shot through the roof inexplicably. Just because he's an idiot doesn't excuse him from the obvious connection. Everyone assumed he was faking the knee injury because he was po'd at the team. Why couldn't he have been faking because he knew he couldn't produce without some extra help?

I suppose that's possible. I just don't think it's likely.
Aren't there so many medicinal or health enhancement products where steroid can be found in small quantities, legally or not. These guys want to make money and the athletes are looking for all the advantage they can get.
Very easy for an athlete to be fooled or be tempted to turn a blind eye.
Hey, I really don't want to defend Manny but I fear this whole steroid thing is turning into a witch hunt.
BTW- Manny was clearly dogging it last season and there was no claim of injury.

Last edited:
I suppose that's possible. I just don't think it's likely.
Aren't there so many medicinal or health enhancement products where steroid can be found in small quantities, legally or not. These guys want to make money and the athletes are looking for all the advantage they can get.
Very easy for an athlete to be fooled or be tempted to turn a blind eye.
Hey, I really don't want to defend Manny but I fear this whole steroid thing is turning into a witch hunt.
BTW- Manny was clearly dogging it last season and there was no claim of injury.

Bottom line, your a multimillion dollar athlete, your at the stage where you have very few years left before you enter the HOF, and your going to take a substance? Any substance?
Next post: denial (ask Bonds, Clemons, or Afraud how thats working out).

Bottom line, your a multimillion dollar athlete, your at the stage where you have very few years left before you enter the HOF, and your going to take a substance? Any substance?

Well, no ones ever pointed to Manny as Hawking's successor.
You are leaping to judgement to hang a guy you don't like because of last
year's behavior and I have no love for him either because of this.
But you are condemning him with out proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

Next post: denial (ask Bonds, Clemons, or Afraud how thats working out).

I believe there was much more evidence against these guys including testimony by suppliers. No!?

Last edited:
The problem with saying he starting hitting with the Dodgers, is that the substance isn't something you take the day you're traded, and 12 hours later, you hit homers galore. It's not a cold relief medicine, or Viagr....nevermind. :D

After reading the article for a second time, I have to admit that there is definitely something fishy going on here.
Sure, it's not a steroid but it is a testosterone enhancer to help out erectile dysfuntion. The article quotes a physician who remains anonymous because of his standing in the drug testing community.."HCG is used to re-stimulate the testicles, primarily in men with a history of steroid use."
HCG is an ingredient in the drug Manny was using.
Yeah, it sure looks fishy but he should still have his day in court...so to speak.

HCG is also used as a very effective weight loss agent. However, it is used at the end of a roid cycle to mask usage.
Hmmmm....

HCG is also used as a very effective weight loss agent. However, it is used at the end of a roid cycle to mask usage.
Hmmmm....

Yeah, I'm well into back pedal mode.:D:(

I wouldn't hold out hope that Manny didn't do them with the Sox. Chances are he's been using for quite a while.

Patriots News And Notes 5-5, Early 53-Man Roster Projection
New Patriots WR Javon Baker: ‘You ain’t gonna outwork me’
Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Back