PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Manning is already the first QB with SB rings on two teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatSunday

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
The numbers don't lie, and Manning will always be remembered as the best in the NFL by fans of New Orleans, Colts, Broncos, Giants (and many Jets fans):

Championship Game Appearances
Archie + Eli + Peyton: 6
Brady: 8

Super Bowl Appearances
Archie + Eli + Peyton: 5 (sometimes playing in one another's stadiums)
Brady: 5

Super Bowl Wins
Archie + Eli + Peyton: 3
Brady: 3

Brady has accomplished more in 12 seasons as a starter than the entire Manning family in 35 to 40 seasons. The good news for Brady and Patriots fans is the team played in last three conference championship games.

As we send off Manning 5.0 to the Super Bowl, lets be proud of what TFB, BFB, and NEFP accomplish every year. Don't feel down -- the team did great! We are likely to be the Super Bowl favorites next year regardless of who wins the actual game in February.

Remember, the loss is not about Manning vs Brady - it's about the team rebuilding and healing itself, doing the best job of any team in the last 14 years. Let's keep it up!

I believe Manning will win his 2nd two weeks from today and possibly his 3rd come next season. This man has weapons. Thomas as a true #1. Welker in the slot. Decker as an explosive #2. Thomas as a great pass catching TE. Etc. Etc. They continue to build their defense? I can't see anyone knocking them off over the next 2-3 seasons...

Manning only has one ring right now...

Manning has to win the next one first.

If he does, that is not a record I would want to see Brady tie....

Manning only has one ring right now...

And chances are, two come two weeks from today. Can't see either Seattle or San Fran's offense being able to keep up with Manning and his Denver offense. Machines right now...

The numbers don't lie, and Manning will always be remembered as the best in the NFL by fans of New Orleans, Colts, Broncos, Giants (and many Jets fans):

Championship Game Appearances
Archie + Eli + Peyton: 6
Brady: 8

Super Bowl Appearances
Archie + Eli + Peyton: 5 (sometimes playing in one another's stadiums)
Brady: 5

Super Bowl Wins
Archie + Eli + Peyton: 3
Brady: 3

Brady has accomplished more in 12 seasons as a starter than the entire Manning family in 35 to 40 seasons. The good news for Brady and Patriots fans is the team played in last three conference championship games.

As we send off Manning 5.0 to the Super Bowl, lets be proud of what TFB, BFB, and NEFP accomplish every year. Don't feel down -- the team did great! We are likely to be the Super Bowl favorites next year regardless of who wins the actual game in February.

Remember, the loss is not about Manning vs Brady - it's about the team rebuilding and healing itself, doing the best job of any team in the last 14 years. Let's keep it up!

You make an entire list about comparing brady and manning (family) and then end the post by saying it's not about brady vs manning...I'm confused.

Manning is a great QB.

At times in their careers he has been better than Brady.

As long as Brady isn't denigrated by the Manning praise -- and it's relatively rare that he is -- I don't get too upset about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Friday Patriots Notebook 5/3: News and Notes
Thursday Patriots Notebook 5/2: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 5/1: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Jerod Mayo’s Appearance on WEEI On Monday
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/30: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Drake Maye’s Interview on WEEI on Jones & Mego with Arcand
MORSE: Rookie Camp Invitees and Draft Notes
Patriots Get Extension Done with Barmore
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/29: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-28, Draft Notes On Every Draft Pick